British Speedway Forum

Ipswich Witches vs Belle Vue Aces (new playoff semi 1st leg) 21/09/23

2 minutes ago, orion said:

Ippo need  to lead by 10 or more  make a match of it.Sadly with Harris rather than Doyle it's unlikely.   The big question is can they even win the first leg.

I think Emil, Rew, Riss, King and Hume with help from Harris will be enough to get Ipswich the win for sure… but will they score enough to make it a great 2 legged affair? We’ll see 

31 minutes ago, SpeedwayFan91 said:

I think Emil, Rew, Riss, King and Hume with help from Harris will be enough to get Ipswich the win for sure… but will they score enough to make it a great 2 legged affair? We’ll see 

What are you basing this rubbish on,,, have you even checked when the last time Ipswich beat belle Vue at Foxhall? 

22 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

What are you basing this rubbish on,,, have you even checked when the last time Ipswich beat belle Vue at Foxhall? 

King, Rew and Riss were severely underpar last time and the Aces only won 46-44… those 3 (especially King and Riss) are in much better form right now, especially at Foxhall

1 minute ago, SpeedwayFan91 said:

King, Rew and Riss were severely underpar last time and the Aces only won 46-44… those 3 (especially King and Riss) are in much better form right now, especially at Foxhall

You also had Doyle who was only beat once, and we had a half fit Dan who only scored 4 points.  He will at least double that tonight.   Yes Charles is missing which isn't good.  

2 minutes ago, SpeedwayFan91 said:

And on top of that, the Aces don’t have Charles Wright who has contributed 9+1 and 8+1 at Foxhall this season 

Just now, SUPERACE said:

You also had Doyle who was only beat once, and we had a half fit Dan who only scored 4 points.  He will at least double that tonight.   Yes Charles is missing which isn't good.  

You??… I support King’s Lynn, so I’m definitely not biased towards the Witches, jeez! Haha

Play off Harris worries me. He will love the conditions tonight and may not score as much as a fit Doyle but will score the same as a half fit Doyle. 

if we can keep it within 10 I’ll be happy 

12 minutes ago, SUPERACE said:

I will be disappointed if the Aces lose by more than 6 tonight.  I think Doyle missing offsets us missing Charles, and we usually ride Foxhall well, I expect Dan to step up with a big score tonight. 

I don’t think you’ll lose by more than 6, I never said that. I think you’ll lose but it will probably only be 47-43/46-44… but obviously I could also be wrong which is more than likely the case 

12 minutes ago, Phil The Ace said:

Play off Harris worries me. He will love the conditions tonight and may not score as much as a fit Doyle but will score the same as a half fit Doyle. 

if we can keep it within 10 I’ll be happy 

I think keeping it within 10 is a given, if you do lose it will only be by 2-4 points 

7 minutes ago, SpeedwayFan91 said:

I don’t think you’ll lose by more than 6, I never said that. I think you’ll lose but it will probably only be 47-43/46-44… but obviously I could also be wrong which is more than likely the case 

Fair enough, I'd be happy with any of the above.  Anything can happen in the play offs and past results mean nothing anyway.  After Charles injury I had Ipswich as clear favourites until Doyle got injured, now it's pretty even again I think.

• Like 1