British Speedway Forum

Poole v Edinburgh Weds 27/09/23

5 minutes ago, pjplymouthdevil said:

I was gonna head down to watch this tonight but R/R at no.1 is such a cop out. Only serves to short change the fans. 

its a cop out ? how ?

several riders were asked and refused. (remember can only get riders who never made the pay-off's) 

what's the point of paying a second string rider loads of money, better giving our own riders a chance to earn more. 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, yoda said:

its a cop out ? how ?

several riders were asked and refused. (remember can only get riders who never made the pay-off's) 

what's the point of paying a second string rider loads of money, better giving our own riders a chance to earn more. 

The problem is it's always in dead rubber meetings when it happens. Maybe they did ask lots of riders but it's not a coincidence that when there's nothing at stake then R/R gets wheeled out. Smacks of not being bothered.

7 minutes ago, RogerM22 said:

The problem is it's always in dead rubber meetings when it happens. Maybe they did ask lots of riders but it's not a coincidence that when there's nothing at stake then R/R gets wheeled out. Smacks of not being bothered.

Think if they had had Howarth it would smack of not being bothered coz he's been next to useless around WINborne Road in recent visits.

52 minutes ago, lewy said:

Not like you to make a snidey comment. :drink:

Nothing snidey about not being able to run your next home meeting on your next scheduled race day!

I know it's not a situation that Plymouth are used to at this stage of a season, but thanks for your comment.:rofl:

11 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Nothing snidey about not being able to run your next home meeting on your next scheduled race day!

I know it's not a situation that Plymouth are used to at this stage of a season, but thanks for your comment.:rofl:

Don't see why we can't as long as the Tuesday meeting gets a result. But we may not want to as surely Poole would want to second leg, so potentially be at Oxford next Weds or Glasgow next Friday and ride following Weds at home? 

Although sometimes I prefer having the first leg at home as long as you build up a decent lead the other team is playing catch up. 

52 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Don't see why we can't as long as the Tuesday meeting gets a result. But we may not want to as surely Poole would want to second leg, so potentially be at Oxford next Weds or Glasgow next Friday and ride following Weds at home? 

Although sometimes I prefer having the first leg at home as long as you build up a decent lead the other team is playing catch up. 

Surely any club would want a bit more time to promote the final than less than one day?!

8 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

Good point, run that meeting on Wednesday if it's too short notice to plan the play-off final

To av the play off final next Wednesday would be I'll thought out planning as it would appear rushed, with lack of time to advertise and lack of time for travelling fans to make plans.

There is time, on this occasion, to take a breath........I think but then again this is speedway.

Edited by lbw