British Speedway Forum

Poole v Edinburgh Weds 27/09/23

3 hours ago, Bojangles said:

I'm not arguing that fact, it's a great run club and the speedway world would be much poorer without them. The 'banter' with them on the forum is what makes it fun most of the time. It would just be nice if some of them recognised the fact the sport wasn't invented in 1999.

Are you sure !

Why was the Starting Marshal not removed from the meeting when he failed to collect the tape stabliser from the track?  There is precedence for this when a similar thing happened at Workington a few years back.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, edmon said:

Why was the Starting Marshal not removed from the meeting when he failed to collect the tape stabliser from the track?  There is precedence for this when a similar thing happened at Workington a few years back.

Can I ask why he should be?

He was reprimanded so surely enough??

A reprimand, who from?  He failed to undertake one of his duties under regulation 02.2.12 f.  As an official he should have been treated as a rider would have been had he committed a very dangerous offence.  I would assume he, as well as receiving a reprimand, has also been reported to the SCB for them to take action.

3 hours ago, edmon said:

The SCB Official ie the Referee, recorded the incident in his official Meeting report to the SCB. There are seperate rules and 'punishments'  in the SCB rules and regs. (quite apart from the stick he took from fans and colleagues)

Edited by Skidder1

4 hours ago, edmon said:

Thats because it was a certain scottish ref who liked to make the show all about him,the late kenny fearon did well not to smack him for showing him up like he did !

3 hours ago, edmon said:

A reprimand, who from?  He failed to undertake one of his duties under regulation 02.2.12 f.  As an official he should have been treated as a rider would have been had he committed a very dangerous offence.  I would assume he, as well as receiving a reprimand, has also been reported to the SCB for them to take action.

You seem to have a problem with this but I’m not sure why. The guy made a mistake, the mistake was spotted and action taken before any harm was done. This was nothing like “a rider….(who) had committed a very dangerous offence”. It wasn’t an offence, simply an error which, thank goodness, was spotted and resolved.

No doubt he’ll receive a reprimand from SCB and I doubt will ever repeat the mistake. 

2 hours ago, Nickinho said:

Well you did deliberately goad him. You can't complain when he responds. 

What does he expect.  When somebody has a go at him he doesn't like it, but his constant, jibes over years, against us gets a little tiresome.
. To be honest i don't think he is even a speedway fan, he just jumped on the Poole hate bandwagon and clearly thinks he's clever.
When it backfires he cops a strop. Water off a ducks back. What goes around comes around.

Edited by Starman2006
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

What does he expect.  When somebody has a go at him he doesn't like it, but his constant, jibes over years, against us gets a little tiresome.
. To be honest i don't think he is even a speedway fan, he just jumped on the Poole hate bandwagon and clearly thinks he's clever.
When it backfires he cops a strop. Water off a ducks back. What goes around comes around.

Reality is brainman I get banned for minor banter but the Poole fans can constantly call me names & nothing is done.

I am a speedway & grasstrack fan but admit I can’t abide Poole speedway because of the constant cheating for years.

If you don’t like that then kindly jog on.