British Speedway Forum

Poole v Edinburgh Weds 27/09/23

8 minutes ago, HGould said:

According to Radio 2 Travel Wimborne Road specifically in Poole is closed due to a serious Police incident. 

Hopefully it's sorted by tonight for all involved

Are you sure it is on Wimborne Road? Had a look at Bournemouth Echo twitter. Has a crash on Parkstone Road between car and motorbike (hope everyone is ok) near the Civic Centre and there is a lot of traffic around there. But doesn't say anything about Wimborne Road. 

https://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/news/23816490.gridlock-poole-crash-closes-parkstone-road/

Edited by lisa-colette

1 hour ago, gmuncie said:

That’s correct, r/r at 1 for Monarchs, Howarth was booked but pulled out and no one else of even similar calibre was available/willing 

Thought that is what I heard! But was multitasking at the time.

Edit - if anyone wants to see the chateau it is on C4 atm. 

Edited by lisa-colette

48 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Are you sure it is on Wimborne Road? Had a look at Bournemouth Echo twitter. Has a crash on Parkstone Road between car and motorbike (hope everyone is ok) near the Civic Centre and there is a lot of traffic around there. But doesn't say anything about Wimborne Road. 

https://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/news/23816490.gridlock-poole-crash-closes-parkstone-road/

At 10am they definitely said something about Wimborne Road (hence my ears pricked)

Literally just they have mentioned Parkstone Road and a Roundabout and said its blocking major routes in and around Poole (obv I don't have local knowledge). 

It didn't clarify what had caused it either just said major incident.

15 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

NB. Glasgow v Oxford now scheduled for next Tuesday 3rd October (no doubt following intervention by the League Sponsors!) so unlikely that Poole will have a home meeting next Wednesday?!!:mad:

Remember the Jubilee Final still to be run?!  :D

Edited by lbw

18 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

I have. What have I misunderstood?;)

Someone has clearly intervened as the cut-off was October 1st!

Oxford were offered this Friday, nothing unusual in that after all it's Glasgow's approved race night. But Oxford declined. So yes obviously Oxford intervened by refusing to come. And yes someone capitulated and agreed to the apparent deadline being moved back. We now know that if we qualify for the final and you offer us a date we can say sorry we can't come as Lee has promised Mrs Ford to sort out her plumbing and the date has been in the diary for weeks

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, SharpenRake said:

Oxford were offered this Friday, nothing unusual in that after all it's Glasgow's approved race night. But Oxford declined. So yes obviously Oxford intervened by refusing to come. And yes someone capitulated and agreed to the apparent deadline being moved back. We now know that if we qualify for the final and you offer us a date we can say sorry we can't come as Lee has promised Mrs Ford to sort out her plumbing and the date has been in the diary for weeks

Scott has to be in makeup fri night:rofl:

1 hour ago, HGould said:

At 10am they definitely said something about Wimborne Road (hence my ears pricked)

Literally just they have mentioned Parkstone Road and a Roundabout and said its blocking major routes in and around Poole (obv I don't have local knowledge). 

It didn't clarify what had caused it either just said major incident.

Parkstone Road reopened as of 10.30 according to the link. No life changing injuries, so that is good. 

3 hours ago, lbw said:

Made it to London Victoria for me flat white, time for a comfy one :)

Good morning to Val, Rob L, Steve, Nigel, Rob D, Mike & Allen :)  & all Pirates :t:

Absolutely luvvin the speedway & we gonna smash it tonight folks! 55-35

NID :t:

So boring, this is a speedway forum not your diary, bore off.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, HGould said:

According to Radio 2 Travel Wimborne Road specifically in Poole is closed due to a serious Police incident. 

Hopefully it's sorted by tonight for all involved

https://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/news/23815914.police-arrest-man-car-stopped-cemetery-junction/

Think this what they were talking about. Wimborne Road in Bournemouth! Tbf there are a lot of Wimborne Road's around this area! :D

• Thanks 1