CTD26

1 minute ago, scaramanga said:

your right in a few things there 

few years back you couldnt ride in 3 leagues

but use conor baily as example 

young lad trying hard 

started the season only workington gave him a place 

now winning heats for redcar and belle vue 

is this a example of the ndl doing its job or the other leagues over looking a rider that wants to race whatever level 

100% agree with you regarding Bailey, imo that's a consequence of doubling up and the current set up protecting the higher earners etc (who can't make it pay with riding in 1 UK leauge) and him being forced out the CL initially with Workington giving him the platform to progress.

It should be set up to protect him and the rest of the u24s (I'm sure I read in SS Poland are considering stopping foreign riders in certain Leagues again as they now have enough of their own), sadly our system panders to big names to come fix the sport at the detriment to our youngsters progressing.

3 hours ago, Neila said:

The line up for tomorrow which should be the best of the NDLRC is left very watered down, for various reasons, but to me a lot of it stops at Mr Godfrey and the bspa doors !!! This apparently is a protected event, but 2 riders are at scummy, yes some are injured, one I think has returned to Aussie, and probably the others can't be arse@ but seems like the fans have got to put up with a 2nd class event. BUT can all the comets fans and traveling fans come down to support the promotion to show we love our speedway 

There were 8 Teams in 2023 that's 56 riders and everyone of them named in the starting 1-7s should have had the opportunity to Qualify for the Final (nobody's fussed when it comes around as they were n't the 1st choice the way it's set up with top 2 from each team)

This should be standard in all Leagues, bring back Qualifying and make it meaningful ... not just another self entitlement to an extra pay day because you top the averages at a certain date.

47 minutes ago, MillenTheVillen said:

This should be standard in all Leagues, bring back Qualifying and make it meaningful ... not just another self entitlement to an extra pay day because you top the averages at a certain date

Can't say  I disagree with that 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MillenTheVillen said:

It's quite laughable that Godfrey and co get the blame regularly.

The NDL currently has 3 types of riders, those who shouldn't be riding in it as they are (let's be honest) taking sweeties off the kids to top up their stash, the 2nd batch are those who the are using the League for what it was designed for (Development) the 3rd lot are the self entitled bridgade that believes when they turn 15 they should be paid (They then stay NDL for several years with no progression whilst getting paid for it thinking they don't need to get a job because they  are "Professional Speedway Riders)

Similarly no no 1 in the PL should be a No 1 in the CL just so they "get enough meetings to make it pay"

Only doubling up allowed should be British riders under 24

Fix the Sport, protect the British Youngsters who are progressing and stop the self entitlement.

Lot of good points there.

5 hours ago, phillwhitewasmad said:

Even though its protected riders choose where they want to ride they are self employed. With riders choosing a team event they risk a ban from next national league meeting. However because there won't be a national league there's no risk. 

To me this is very much a self interest reply that dumps all over any rules. This is exactly the stuff that creates the mickey mouse sport accusations  aimed at Speedway. 

23 hours ago, Neila said:

Who has stated they are not running any team ?? Andrew bain said after the Kent meeting they have/are in talks/meetings  with bspa with regards to next season 

In talks, yes as the Championship , or NDL if there is one , needs Workington but he has stated quite openly at practice sessions and meetings he is troubled by the costs of team racing and has said it on several occasions that he would just run practice sessions as they make a good profit and possibly some open meetings to put funds back into the account as crowds dwindled towards the end of the season.

Hopefully he has changed his mind .  After all the time, effort and funds he has put in he is entitled to do what he thinks is best, but upping his wage bill by ten times and not matching that with increasing crowd numbers has got to be a factor.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Binman said:

Real shame if we lost NDL and to me NJL is struggling with any direction and rider commitment Workington have supported both

IMO they are paying wages to at least 50%of riders that have no chance of improving to any significance in the sport (probably the bigger pointsmoney)The youngsters dont get any benefit from losing points money to these riders.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SteelShoe said:

To me this is very much a self interest reply that dumps all over any rules. This is exactly the stuff that creates the mickey mouse sport accusations  aimed at Speedway. 

Can't disagree but in a sport where you want to advertise your skills at the highest level why compete in a competition that won't exist next year. Even if you aren't aware this is happening 99%of riders are 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, phillwhitewasmad said:

Can't disagree but in a sport where you want to advertise your skills at the highest level why compete in a competition that won't exist next year. Even if you aren't aware this is happening 99%of riders are 

The "honour" of being it's last winner?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, phillwhitewasmad said:

With all the changes drop outs and riders choosing to be elsewhere does that not tell you its not held in the highest regard

So, in that case, if the riders can't be bothered, why should the fans?  Got to feel sorry for Workington promotion.  It's probably costing them money to host the event and the field doesn't really have a Riders Championship feel to it, so fans might choose to stay away.  On top of that, there is a big announcement after the meeting and IF it is that they are moving up to Championship level, they appear to have little choice as, if it is to be believed, there will be no NDL next season.  Just hope they aren't being asked to move up too quickly as it could all end in tears, but I really hope not.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, StevePark said:

So, in that case, if the riders can't be bothered, why should the fans?  Got to feel sorry for Workington promotion.  It's probably costing them money to host the event and the field doesn't really have a Riders Championship feel to it, so fans might choose to stay away.  On top of that, there is a big announcement after the meeting and IF it is that they are moving up to Championship level, they appear to have little choice as, if it is to be believed, there will be no NDL next season.  Just hope they aren't being asked to move up too quickly as it could all end in tears, but I really hope not.

Good post on the money. I`ve attended the Championship Riders Championship and the Championship Pairs this season,  both had riders missing and in the case of the Pairs riders that early in the meeting looked like they would rather not be there. Fans deserve better.