British Speedway Forum

Ipswich Witches 2024 serious team predictions

15 minutes ago, 2ndbend said:

What would be nice would be an update from the Witches about Danny and Adam.

At Birmingham Monday, the guy said Danny was planning on being  back for the British final. That’s on the 8th so hopefully the two meetings this week will be the last he misses 

1 minute ago, DoubleJ said:

At Birmingham Monday, the guy said Danny was planning on being  back for the British final. That’s on the 8th so hopefully the two meetings this week will be the last he misses 

I doubt that.

Just a shout and probably not possible with his other commitments but I’d give a shout to keep king and Ellis and just bring in scotty instead of hoping a GP star can handle our tracks. Scotty knows what it is to be in a Ipswich team which is together, he is an Ipswich lad. He gives his all like doyley, I think good around the other younger guys. I’d be happy with that and just see how we do this season without doyley. I’d rather that than watch lambert come in after his moaning about our track live on TV. 
Vaculik or Thompson may possibly be available after announcement in Poland that Ekstraliga are suspending all riders who didn’t participate in the Gorzów vs Grudziądz meeting (both ride for stal) for minimum a month. And fining them £10,000 each. 

Obv v bad news for Doyle, Ipswich & his other teams (can't be bothered to check), good call there ^^ but pretty sure Scotty don't want / or can fit a full-time Prem League spot...

Interesting few days ahead. With Louis being at the GP commentating chances are he done a deal with somebody there last night you’d think. Probably spoke to all of them, did any shake his hand though that’s the big question. Time will tell

Scott is great around Foxhall but with all due respect if we want to win the title you just can’t simply swap Doyle for Nicholls whether he’d be willing to do it or not. Doyle tops the Premiership averages for 2024 over all meetings, Nicholls isn’t the answer just because he had a cracking meeting on a wet tricky track. 

We’ll soon find out whether we’re still challengers or not.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, HGould said:

Left field suggestion 

Jan Kvech 

Untried in UK but very solid year on year progress through age groups and in Poland 

Not sure if he'd come in on a 6 point average? Might allow wriggle room lower down. 

Louis was very complimentary of him, seemingly out of nowhere before heat one last night. 
could you be on to something?

20 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Scott is great around Foxhall but with all due respect if we want to win the title you just can’t simply swap Doyle for Nicholls whether he’d be willing to do it or not. Doyle tops the Premiership averages for 2024 over all meetings, Nicholls isn’t the answer just because he had a cracking meeting on a wet tricky track. 

We’ll soon find out whether we’re still challengers or not.

Totally agree, Scotty is fine guesting at home but not the answer as Doyle's long term replacement, don't think even a top GP rider will cover what Doyle brings to the team wk in wk out, another issue is how long will Ellis be out for, i see talk of King being back for British Final.

By Scott's own admission he's not brilliant on larger tracks anymore,  so whilst he was awesome at Foxhall last week,  in the wet remember,  he's not the answer for Doyley I don't feel.  Excellent guest for other 2 at home though. 

3 minutes ago, Badge said:

By Scott's own admission he's not brilliant on larger tracks anymore,  so whilst he was awesome at Foxhall last week,  in the wet remember,  he's not the answer for Doyley I don't feel.  Excellent guest for other 2 at home though. 

Was going to say the same Badge, Scott as a guest or injury replacement for King or Ellis is fine, that’s more his current level. But nowhere near a replacement for Doyle. We’re bad enough at Belle Vue as it is but put Nicholls in for Doyle then you can forget beating them over two legs if we happen to meet in the play offs!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AceBelle said:

Dan Thompson withdrawn from British under 21 final not sure of his injury??

It said on another thread that he pulled out coz of illness after 2 rides, shame for the lad being under 21 final, hope he's fit for tomorrow up at Brum coz he's been riding really well all season.

• Like 1