British Speedway Forum

Ipswich Witches 2024 serious team predictions

Signing Nicholls as a 28 day replacement would depend on how many Monday meetings Ipswich will have and how many TV commitments Nicholls has, dont they they'd get a facility for Scott missing for TV duties?

As for Doyle, yes he irreplaceable but he has to be replaced so looking at some options I'd say most likely are....

Laguta - based on him riding here last year, and potentially riding with Emil, i think this looks most likely.

Vaculik - was almost at Leicester or Sheffield i recall not long ago, he would be my preferred option.

Dudek - he wanted to ride in the UK but priced himself out to an extent

Lambert - will ride later in the season, so all about if he can be convinced to ride here earlier, dont think past comments about foxhall will bother Louis

1 hour ago, siggysigalos said:

<snip>

I see we have Blodorn in at 4 on Monday and strangely we are now allowed Scotty in at 3, is that another rule change??

<snip>

The 8 day rule applies to consecutive meetings at the same track, so Nicholls can't ride at Foxhall on Thursday.

Thanks Roger, as i've said on previous posts this morning, that makes Thursday's side even more interesting.

Need to keep it as close as we can Monday, and hope the replacements maybe in place rather than guests??

Left field suggestion 

Jan Kvech 

Untried in UK but very solid year on year progress through age groups and in Poland 

Not sure if he'd come in on a 6 point average? Might allow wriggle room lower down. 

Just now, HGould said:

Left field suggestion 

Jan Kvech 

Untried in UK but very solid year on year progress through age groups and in Poland 

Not sure if he'd come in on a 6 point average? Might allow wriggle room lower down. 

Kvech comes in on a 6 point average, he's been linked with King's Lynn, but who knows.

It's nice to keep guessing what Chris and Ritchie are planning, and in those 2 we have to trust....But it's the suspense.

We have to get through Monday 1st, with not a huge deficit to claw back on Thursday.

24 minutes ago, HGould said:

Left field suggestion 

Jan Kvech 

Would be another Keynan Rew imo.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TTT said:

I know he's been awful but how about rolling the dice with Milik 4.11 in place of Ellis? Then it leaves more wiggle room for a rider to replace Doyle.

Doyle has got a 9.36 average - why would wiggle room be needed?

1 hour ago, Falcon1983 said:

Signing Nicholls as a 28 day replacement would depend on how many Monday meetings Ipswich will have and how many TV commitments Nicholls has, dont they they'd get a facility for Scott missing for TV duties?

As for Doyle, yes he irreplaceable but he has to be replaced so looking at some options I'd say most likely are....

Laguta - based on him riding here last year, and potentially riding with Emil, i think this looks most likely.

Vaculik - was almost at Leicester or Sheffield i recall not long ago, he would be my preferred option.

Dudek - he wanted to ride in the UK but priced himself out to an extent

Lambert - will ride later in the season, so all about if he can be convinced to ride here earlier, dont think past comments about foxhall will bother Louis

Just checked schedule no clashes with eurosport for Scott

1 hour ago, iainb said:

Can't they bring him in on a dinghy? :D

Free medical care too...

Could come in handy..

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, ThinBlueWitch said:

What average would Anders Thomsen come in on? Or maybe Cierniak?

could go for 2 solid riders as opposed to one big rider 

Blast from the  past would suit you and hes still scoring big in Poland Jarek Hampel.

• Like 1

Be interesting what way Ipswich go in terms of a replacement. I thought they would look at Lambert but the idea of Vaculik could work as an alternative. Guess will depend on logistics and £££$$$. 

Speedy and full recover Doyley !! :t: Started the season really strongly - get yourself fit and come back stronger.  

13 minutes ago, Wolfie456 said:

Blast from the  past would suit you and hes still scoring big in Poland Jarek Hampel.

Certainly wouldn’t be against it with the form he’s in and always been a foxhall favourite. What sort of average would he be on?

22 minutes ago, Wolfie456 said:

No thanks, struggles to pass water. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1