British Speedway Forum

Ipswich Witches 2024 serious team predictions

Gutted for Jason why looked a genuine contender for the World title this year. 
Completely irreplaceable in British speedway.

My guess would be Laguta who isn’t fit to wear Doyle’s boots in the UK.

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Phil The Ace said:

You can sign Zmarzlik and he won’t even come close to matching Doyle’s scores in Uk. 

Doyle good for 10-15 every match home and away. No one else will match that. 
a massive blow for Ipswich. 

who are options. 

Lambert

vacullik show interest

Madsen was coming Leicester not long ago so could be tempted. 

Laguta coming with his pal Emil 

kvech wants a Uk team. Can get him and bring a better rider for Jenkins so your more all rounded 

Only Robert Lambert will come close to Doyle's UK scores.

Laguta wouldn't be able to ride Foxhall for toffee imo.

• Like 1

Just now, TTT said:

Gutting.

Best wishes to Doyley on his recovery.

Ipswich now have to make a double change because nobody can fill Doyle's boots.

We can’t strategically because the team total is over. So an 8 pointer replacing Doyle’s 9+ still won’t allow enough to make replacing a lower order rider worthwhile. We also have to wait on Ellis’ timescale for a return. Huge headache. 

2 minutes ago, orion said:

The perfect and best replacement would have been Freddie.if he had not joined Brum 

Suddenly Freddie isnt in Birmingham's 7 on Monday....That's strange

1 minute ago, stevebrum said:

Signed for league match dates I’d imagine. 

Not really..they have muck up with his Visa..They are not sure how its going to take but he  was due to start in the Ko match.

• Like 2

Thanks for the link. I guess he is making a LEAGUE debut then.

The Birmingham press release stated he will be in the team on Monday 3rd June so no idea why that’s now not happening. I don’t believe for a second it’s because he’s joining Ipswich instead though. 

Signed for league match dates I’d imagine. 

Cheers Steve, that's cleared that up.

Was looking forward to seeing Freddie back in Uk Monday but with our side, im also happy he isnt here.

Our 7 will be very interesting on Thursday at our place.

Sad news for Jason.

Replacement needed.. But isn't it ironic how much you lot moaned and moaned about Sheffields replacements and guest bookings last season and now half of you are even mentioning Lambert after slating him during the play-offs.. mind you he said how bad the foxhall track is himself on Eurosport so can't see him coming.

Good luck finding a replacement.

Edited by Hooky
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Visa issues with Lindgren

https://www.facebook.com/share/p/swoS9GDMTKhuy6vM/

Edited by frigbo

10 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

We can’t strategically because the team total is over. So an 8 pointer replacing Doyle’s 9+ still won’t allow enough to make replacing a lower order rider worthwhile. We also have to wait on Ellis’ timescale for a return. Huge headache. 

I know he's been awful but how about rolling the dice with Milik 4.11 in place of Ellis? Then it leaves more wiggle room for a rider to replace Doyle.

18 minutes ago, Hooky said:

Sad news for Jason.

Replacement needed.. But isn't it ironic how much you lot moaned and moaned about Sheffields replacements and guest bookings last season and now half of you are even mentioning Lambert after slating him during the play-offs.. mind you he said how bad the foxhall track is himself on Eurosport so can't see him coming.

Good luck finding a replacement.

You lot carry on like you didn’t axe two Brits on “deadline day”.

• Like 1

Best wishes to Doyley hope to see him riding for us next season.  I hope Chris can come up with a replacement that doesn't end up with Lindgren type visa issues, on saying that, to me Doyley is irreplaceable as a team member in the pits.  If Adam is out for a few more weeks perhaps we could persuade Scottie to sign on a 28 day injury replacement.  As for Laguta I hope we steer clear, he might be a good rider but he didn't appear to be much of a team player at Peterborough or Kings Lynn.