British Speedway Forum

Ipswich Witches 2024 serious team predictions

24 minutes ago, cowboy cookie returns? said:

I think the picture is from last years press day when Doyle was number 1 

I didn’t see anything in the article to suggest he starts as 1 in 2024

Yeah, I’ve let the jitters get to me - I’m sure you’re right. Like everyone, just desperate for Emil to be back

1 hour ago, 89buttons said:

Typically Ipswich announce the team over the course of a week or so

They will want at least 2 'big' headlines for the papers i would have thought!

Great to see Doyle back at Foxhall he is surely one of the most exciting about - if he misses the gate watching him reel them in is highlight of the meeting for me.

Edited by GeneralMelchett
  • Like 2

39 minutes ago, GeneralMelchett said:

They will want at least 2 'big' headlines for the papers i would have thought!

Great to see Doyle back at Foxhall he is surely one of the most exciting about - if he misses the gate watching him reel them in is highlight of the meeting for me.

100% he’s box office. He and Emil are a good mix. Doyle the better rider at Foxhall so helps the home form, Emil the better away rider so helps on the travels. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

100% he’s box office. He and Emil are a good mix. Doyle the better rider at Foxhall so helps the home form, Emil the better away rider so helps on the travels. 

Oooof I hope Emil doesn’t hear you say Doyle’s better than him around Foxhall!!

Best pair I’ve seen in some few years now the commitment and trust they have in one other is incredible probably the best since darcy/holder hey day years at Poole.

wouldn’t like to say who’s the best round Foxhall tbh, we said several times last year when they were really on it fully committed team riding in 13&15s we wouldn’t want to see them race against each other they’re both just too fast and committed to being top dog round Ipswich, it’s best they’re on the same side otherwise would end in tears 

10 minutes ago, TTT said:

Doyle giving up Sweden to ride in the UK.

Whether fans up and down the country like him or not, I'm sure everybody respects the loyalty Doyley has shown to our league throughout the years.

I have total respect for Doyley great rider and totally loyal to the sport in the UK, would have loved him at Belle Vue.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 89buttons said:

Oooof I hope Emil doesn’t hear you say Doyle’s better than him around Foxhall!!

Best pair I’ve seen in some few years now the commitment and trust they have in one other is incredible probably the best since darcy/holder hey day years at Poole.

wouldn’t like to say who’s the best round Foxhall tbh, we said several times last year when they were really on it fully committed team riding in 13&15s we wouldn’t want to see them race against each other they’re both just too fast and committed to being top dog round Ipswich, it’s best they’re on the same side otherwise would end in tears 

Just going by the stats Buttons. Over all meetings last season, Doyle 10.53 at Foxhall, Emil 9.76 ;) 

• Like 2

I'm not sure it's about "loyalty to British Speedway" with Doyle at all. He lives reasonably local & stated many times he wants more family time throughout the season. Riding for Ipswich gives him exactly that. 

Nothing more, nothing less. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

I'm not sure it's about "loyalty to British Speedway" with Doyle at all. He lives reasonably local & stated many times he wants more family time throughout the season. Riding for Ipswich gives him exactly that. 

Absolutely.

Its great that he has ridden over here for so long but if he was married to a Swede or Pole I expect things could be quite different.

1 hour ago, Daniel Smith said:

It doesn’t matter how you try to spin it Jason has been one of the most loyal GP riders to UK speedway. There is no team in the league who would not want him in their team.

Both Jason and Emil have bought plenty of entertainment to the fans at Ipswich . More so than than any other riders in recent years ( although Jason if you are reading this you have yet to do  full lap of the stockcar track on 1 wheel)!

• Like 4

If Chris Louis is saying this team is exciting I wonder if he's bringing in another 4.00 international rider, maybe then with Ellis at no.4 as well as the other usual suspects?

Jonas Seifert-Salk (ideally)

Francis Gusts

Philip Hellstrom Bangs

Dimitri Berge (on his old UK average)

Am I being too optimistic!?! 

3 hours ago, stu219 said:

It doesn’t matter how you try to spin it Jason has been one of the most loyal GP riders to UK speedway. There is no team in the league who would not want him in their team.

Both Jason and Emil have bought plenty of entertainment to the fans at Ipswich . More so than than any other riders in recent years ( although Jason if you are reading this you have yet to do  full lap of the stockcar track on 1 wheel)!

If you're giving me a choice, can I have Emil, please?

Edited by False dawn

7 hours ago, Arthur73 said:

If Chris Louis is saying this team is exciting I wonder if he's bringing in another 4.00 international rider, maybe then with Ellis at no.4 as well as the other usual suspects?

Jonas Seifert-Salk (ideally)

Francis Gusts

Philip Hellstrom Bangs

Dimitri Berge (on his old UK average)

Am I being too optimistic!?! 

Yes as they are now assessed as a 5.00 

I'd be very surprised if its not 6 from last season plus Ellis

The excitement Louis refers to is Jason and Emil