British Speedway Forum

Ipswich Witches 2024 serious team predictions

1 hour ago, cowboy cookie returns? said:

Emil has been named in Toruń starting line up for the 25th August according to their Facebook page just now.

Very much doubt he will be racing so soon? Also under a different race number to his usual so will probably be R/R. 

33 minutes ago, Roger Jacobs said:

New Green Sheets effective 01/09 sees Thompson return to #7, with Rew in the 1-5.

Really do hope they’ve got a couple of guests booked for Doyle & Sayfutdinov in both legs of the KOC-Up Final.

First thought wasn’t a positive one because Rew has been a trump card at reserve. But, Dan has really been struggling lately so a return to the reserve berth might give him a much need boost of confidence. The switch might cancel each other out because I think Rew will contribute more in the main body than Dan has lately. 

Totally agree on the guests. Have a feeling Harris will be one of them. Whoever they get in we know we’ll be severely weakened so we’re obviously up against it. Just hope we can battle enough to make the second leg at Foxhall worthwhile and not just a forgone conclusion..

Question for all… with Dan T dropping back to reserve in the new averages, does he re-assume the role of RS or has his stay in the main body of the team brought an end to his classification as an RS? Jenkins has a lower average, but will he go to 6 and Dan T to 7? Beyond that, if Dan T is still a ‘rising star’ then will he be able to be as such next season? 

Dan has remained as RS throughout the season.

From 1st August he will return to No 7

Dan's final average for 2024 (assuming the rule remains unchanged) will dictate if he can remain as RS for 2025 (he will meet the age criteria)

image.png.a0804ad49d2705b31eca9579b97868ee.png

from SR 011.2.1 Rising Stars

The criteria for Premiership Rising Stars is as follows:

The age limit for Rising Stars for the 2024 season onwards is 23 years of age on the 1st of January of that year

The Rider must have a Premiership League average of 4.00 or below

from SR 011.3.1

Premiership League

a) the top rider (by MA) must ride at #1

b) the 2nd to 5th riders (by MA) can ride in any position #2-#5.

c) the Rising Star rider must ride at #7 unless they achieve an MA which permits them to be in the top 5 then the lowest MA rider must ride at #7

Edited by NeilWatson
To add extracts from the Speedway Regulations
  • Like 3

22 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

First thought wasn’t a positive one because Rew has been a trump card at reserve. But, Dan has really been struggling lately so a return to the reserve berth might give him a much need boost of confidence. The switch might cancel each other out because I think Rew will contribute more in the main body than Dan has lately. 

Totally agree on the guests. Have a feeling Harris will be one of them. Whoever they get in we know we’ll be severely weakened so we’re obviously up against it. Just hope we can battle enough to make the second leg at Foxhall worthwhile and not just a forgone conclusion..

The way Lawson is riding he could be a good option - he rides Foxhall well too

15 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Looking like it won't be Freddie - Poland flexing and blocking

Harris and Emil for play offs, unless Harris guests for Sheffield instead of Tai. Cup will be Harris and Nichols at home.

2 hours ago, Shano101 said:

Harris and Emil for play offs, unless Harris guests for Sheffield instead of Tai. Cup will be Harris and Nichols at home.

I would say that Sheffield will have Chris Harris and 1 of our guests will be Tom Brennan. As for Emil on Monday, .......Who Knows

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Shano101 said:

Harris is set for Sheffield for the Cup I believe. Whether that continues into the play offs who knows

22 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Harris is set for Sheffield for the Cup I believe. Whether that continues into the play offs who knows

Has he ever won a cup or league with the club he's declared for? He seems to ride in every final/semis but always as a guest. Surely some sort of record. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, DJC said:

Has he ever won a cup or league with the club he's declared for? He seems to ride in every final/semis but always as a guest. Surely some sort of record. 

Coventry?

43 minutes ago, DJC said:

I didn't think anyone who watches speedway would forget the second leg of the play off final 2010 at Poole where bomber got up off the deck to go out & win the rerun & helped the bees win the title,  then the subsequent turmoil it caused during the winter of discontent, a huge turning point for British Speedway IMO & I don't mean for the better.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DJC said:

Panthers 2021

17 hours ago, Dave Jones said:

I didn't think anyone who watches speedway would forget the second leg of the play off final 2010 at Poole where bomber got up off the deck to go out & win the rerun & helped the bees win the title,  then the subsequent turmoil it caused during the winter of discontent, a huge turning point for British Speedway IMO & I don't mean for the better.

16 hours ago, Mumsie said:

Panthers 2021

Not sure how I forgot the Panthers one and for some reason I'd assumed he was guesting for Coventry that year. Thought they'd won it without him before that, it was 14 years ago though

19 hours ago, DJC said:

He certainly has also helped many clubs reach play offs during a season too, even if not his own those same years....