British Speedway Forum

Ipswich Witches 2024 serious team predictions

1 hour ago, Arch Stanton said:

Can’t sign anybody now even if a suitable rider becomes available. The powers that be would rather we used guests from other clubs. 

Proper order too...

You spend all season using guests to cover absences so only right you go through to the end with them..

No point in trying to bring any credibility to the competitions now..😁

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Shano101 said:

Emil is racing in the play offs for Ipswich, he has written that he will make the play offs and I’m sure Torun will push he to race on 23/25th race days for his play off against Gorzow. 

Torun is the 25th.

R & R does a great job keeping us informed on all continental speedway.

3 hours ago, Shano101 said:

Emil is racing in the play offs for Ipswich, he has written that he will make the play offs and I’m sure Torun will push he to race on 23/25th race days for his play off against Gorzow. 

I suspect Emil will ride in the playoffs over here once Toruń s season is over and they are out of the polish playoffs,be surprised if they let him.But then again the playoffs over here will probably be in October so he should be clear lol

3 hours ago, Shano101 said:

I suspect Emil will ride in the playoffs over here once Toruń s season is over and they are out of the polish playoffs,be surprised if they let him.But then again the playoffs over here will probably be in October so he should be clear lol

9 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

So Emil is still in hospital and waiting for an operation before he returns home to Poland. Was hoping for a little more positive news than that. It was said he was likely to be out of Hospital at the weekend. 

We now have less than three weeks until the cup final against Sheffield. Hate being defeatist but it looks like we need snookers. 

Operation for what? Doesn’t make sense unless there was another injury that wasn’t disclosed? The post from Emil said no broken bones and just a lacerated @rse cheek so do stitches count as an “operation”? And surely it would have been stitched up as soon as he went to hospital? You don’t lay there for four days with an open wound surely??

4 hours ago, Shano101 said:

More that he’s HOPING to make them rather than stating it as fact no? Having asked Ritchie directly about any time frames for his absence he replied that they just don’t know at the moment. I guess we’ll have to wait until his “operation” has been done before knowing exactly how long he’s out for..

9 minutes ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

Latest I’ve heard on Emil is that the wound was due to be stitched today but that’s been postponed as the wound is still dirty. 

Ah ok thank you. That makes more sense actually. Waiting for the body to naturally flush out the debris before closing. Must be a pretty deep wound as normally they can flush it out with saline and clean it up there and then. Sore one for sure!

1 hour ago, Aries said:

Operation for what? Doesn’t make sense unless there was another injury that wasn’t disclosed? The post from Emil said no broken bones and just a lacerated @rse cheek so do stitches count as an “operation”? And surely it would have been stitched up as soon as he went to hospital? You don’t lay there for four days with an open wound surely??

More that he’s HOPING to make them rather than stating it as fact no? Having asked Ritchie directly about any time frames for his absence he replied that they just don’t know at the moment. I guess we’ll have to wait until his “operation” has been done before knowing exactly how long he’s out for..

I’ve got a Direct message from Emil that he will race in the play offs. That is direct from Emil and not from a secondary source. Obviously if things worsen then he wouldn’t, but as it stands, he is riding for us in September. I’m also going to the 1st Sept gorzow vs Torun second leg play offs which I suspect he will ride in.

1 hour ago, Shano101 said:

I’ve got a Direct message from Emil that he will race in the play offs. That is direct from Emil and not from a secondary source. Obviously if things worsen then he wouldn’t, but as it stands, he is riding for us in September. I’m also going to the 1st Sept gorzow vs Torun second leg play offs which I suspect he will ride in.

I don’t think anyone doubts what Emil has said Shano, even to you personally. He’s a determined lad as we all know but he can’t 100% know how long it’s going to take him to be race ready no matter what his intentions are. Woffinden spoke to the red top rag a month ago stating his intention was to return for Cardiff, and even the Ipswich fixture for Sheffield just gone but as we know that hasn’t happened. It thankfully doesn’t seem anywhere near as complicated an injury as Tai’s so nobody would bet against him being ready but the clock is ticking. The sooner he gets stitched up the sooner he can start the healing process. We ideally need him before the play offs and ready for the Cup final! But that’s less than three weeks away now so must be touch and go. We’ll see. 

14 minutes ago, Aries said:

I don’t think anyone doubts what Emil has said Shano, even to you personally. He’s a determined lad as we all know but he can’t 100% know how long it’s going to take him to be race ready no matter what his intentions are. Woffinden spoke to the red top rag a month ago stating his intention was to return for Cardiff, and even the Ipswich fixture for Sheffield just gone but as we know that hasn’t happened. It thankfully doesn’t seem anywhere near as complicated an injury as Tai’s so nobody would bet against him being ready but the clock is ticking. The sooner he gets stitched up the sooner he can start the healing process. We ideally need him before the play offs and ready for the Cup final! But that’s less than three weeks away now so must be touch and go. We’ll see. 

Agreed, like I wrote anything can happen and it might not heal 100%. I think if any, Emil and Doyle would be the ones to push their limits to ride, especially for a cup match, i think with Emil. We might get 1 trophy, without Emil (and obvious Doyle) we won’t get any, but great season from the lads.

• Like 2

I only watch speedway and know little to nothing of other sports. Is there another team sport where the loss of a team member has such a massive influence over the whole teams results? I’m guessing the top guys in football, basketball, hockey etc are heavily reliant on the teammates setting them up to score whereas speedway is a very individual team sport. I did touch on this years ago when discussing the play offs but I’d be interested to know if we are a unique sport in this regards. 

12 hours ago, ouch said:

I only watch speedway and know little to nothing of other sports. Is there another team sport where the loss of a team member has such a massive influence over the whole teams results? I’m guessing the top guys in football, basketball, hockey etc are heavily reliant on the teammates setting them up to score whereas speedway is a very individual team sport. I did touch on this years ago when discussing the play offs but I’d be interested to know if we are a unique sport in this regards. 

Technically Speedway is one sport where it should have very little effect on the team, as clubs can use guests. Obviously it's worse in Witches case as their top 2 are so good, now 3 of the top 4 are missing it's even worse.

Easier for clubs to cover in the Championship as you don't get days when every club bar one is racing.

22 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

Technically Speedway is one sport where it should have very little effect on the team, as clubs can use guests. Obviously it's worse in Witches case as their top 2 are so good, now 3 of the top 4 are missing it's even worse.

Easier for clubs to cover in the Championship as you don't get days when every club bar one is racing.

Ellis should be back soon and hopefully Emil will be back for the play offs which will be a massive boost for the team. If those two are back anything is possible.

18 hours ago, foreverblue said:

Ellis should be back soon and hopefully Emil will be back for the play offs which will be a massive boost for the team. If those two are back anything is possible.

Reading a Polish report on sayfutinov injury from his club torun the injury is  more serious than people think ? 

14 minutes ago, cowboy cookie returns? said:

Emil has been named in Toruń starting line up for the 25th August according to their Facebook page just now.

Hopefully means he is racing.

Sure Torun can use r/r for him if they have to as he is in the top 2 of the Torun averages.

Said earlier that teams couldn't use r/r for Jason, Tai and Dan as they weren't in the top 2 of their respective teams averages.