British Speedway Forum

Ipswich Witches 2024 serious team predictions

52 minutes ago, therefused said:

Palm toft isn’t a number 1 or 5 though 

No, @Bagpuss was talking about replacing "unavailable" riders, I believe Ben Basso is your Number 1 now Musielak has been "released". Beggars can't be choosers

Edited by iainb

15 minutes ago, iainb said:

No, @Bagpuss was talking about replacing "unavailable" riders, I believe Ben Basso is your Number 1 now Musielak has been "released". Beggars can't be choosers

Wasn't there a rule where you couldn't reintroduce a rider once replaced.

23 minutes ago, tellboy said:

Lyon himself said on TV that they'd review the situation when MPT was fit to return, I don't know what the rules are but I'd hope he would... but the rules seem to have been abandoned long ago anyway

1 hour ago, iainb said:

I think you know very well that MPT is way off the level of the two unavailable riders. To be honest I'd have no problem with Lynn being forced to use Palm Toft after 28 days of a facility ie some kind of rider control as I hate guests and R/R but as that doesn't happen then the club are going to do what makes them strongest for each meeting.

19 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

I think you know very well that MPT is way off the level of the two unavailable riders. To be honest I'd have no problem with Lynn being forced to use Palm Toft after 28 days of a facility ie some kind of rider control as I hate guests and R/R but as that doesn't happen then the club are going to do what makes them strongest for each meeting.

Who are your "unavailable" riders, I've lost track tbh. MPT would be an adequate replacement for Klindt... especially when it starts to get cold again

1 hour ago, iainb said:

Who are your "unavailable" riders, I've lost track tbh. MPT would be an adequate replacement for Klindt... especially when it starts to get cold again

He really wouldn't. 

7 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

He really wouldn't. 

They've been pretty much of a muchness until MPT's injuries in recent seasons

3 hours ago, tellboy said:

Most rules like that are subject to management committee approval, if a club in Lynn's position wanted to reintroduce MPT, there would be no reason not to let them.

This wasn't a clever swapping round of rider due to averages.

1 hour ago, iainb said:

They've been pretty much of a muchness until MPT's injuries in recent seasons

You obviously didn't have the pleasure to watch them both week in week out over the last few seasons.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, iainb said:

Lyon himself said on TV that they'd review the situation when MPT was fit to return, I don't know what the rules are but I'd hope he would... but the rules seem to have been abandoned long ago anyway

The rules are controlled by the SCB now (rightly so) so once they are in the rule book that’s what everyone is tied to, Neil Vatcher rules on anything now and does it fairly I am told. 

42 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

Most rules like that are subject to management committee approval, if a club in Lynn's position wanted to reintroduce MPT, there would be no reason not to let them.

This wasn't a clever swapping round of rider due to averages.

Their would, he is now In Birminghams team.

5 minutes ago, bigcatdiary said:

The rules are controlled by the SCB now (rightly so) so once they are in the rule book that’s what everyone is tied to, Neil Vatcher rules on anything now and does it fairly I am told. 

Fairly inconsistently

3 hours ago, iainb said:

:lol:

24 minutes ago, bigcatdiary said:

Apart from Edinburgh’s NDL team, to name one. 
Your post is a lovely idea though. 

9 minutes ago, bigcatdiary said:

So exactly what rule has been applied inconsistently.

I don't really want to rake over old ground as it's all been done to death elsewhere but...

Jason Doyle & Rohan Tungate, and you can now probably add Claus Vissing and Celina Liebmann to that list now... and Jack Holder missing meetings

And the Nico Covatti, Brady Kurtz, Tobias Musielak debacles

And meeting cancellation rules... the list goes on

Edited by iainb
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, iainb said:

I don't really want to rake over old ground as it's all been done to death elsewhere but...

Jason Doyle & Rohan Tungate, and you can now probably add Claus Vissing and Celina Liebmann to that list now... and Jack Holder missing meetings

And the Nico Covatti, Brady Kurtz, Tobias Musielak debacles

And meeting cancellation rules... the list goes on

Delete Brady please. 

• Haha 2