British Speedway Forum

Ipswich Witches 2024 serious team predictions

1 hour ago, Bash said:

Maybe Buster will let Tobi join Ipswich after Ipswich have ridden at King's Lynn on the 25th.;)

I know some blame BC for everything.. But how can Buster block him. 

Edit... I see what you meant now. Someone has explained the rules.

Edited by Bald Bloke
  • Like 1

Musielak is 100% released from King's Lynn. It's the rules that are the hold up here. 

Every team has to have 7 rider's declared & whether released or not it's all reliant on King's Lynn finding a new rider (or not).

Without a replacement, Musielak has to remain declared (although released from contract) in the official King's Lynn line up until a replacement can be found.

If King's Lynn don't feel the want to find a replacement, Musielak will have to sit out the rest of the UK season.

There's absolutely zero chance of a return to King's Lynn. 

21 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

Musielak is 100% released from King's Lynn. It's the rules that are the hold up here. 

Every team has to have 7 rider's declared & whether released or not it's all reliant on King's Lynn finding a new rider (or not).

Without a replacement, Musielak has to remain declared (although released from contract) in the official King's Lynn line up until a replacement can be found.

If King's Lynn don't feel the want to find a replacement, Musielak will have to sit out the rest of the UK season.

If the will is there it would be interesting to test that legally. Regardless of the reasons a rider is released from his contract but can’t move elsewhere to earn a living as he has to remain declared in a team where he is no longer under contract. Only is speedway & highly illegal I would have thought.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

I didn't realise that was the case tbh. Lets see which was Buster goes.

7 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Why would Lynn not want to replace Museilak?

Does not.. Save money, and shove one up Tobi. 

Does. Because he owes it to all the loyal Lynn fans to go all out for 4th.. This is the one i'm going for btw.

10 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

Does not.. Save money, and shove one up Tobi. 

Does. Because he owes it to all the loyal Lynn fans to go all out for 4th.. This is the one i'm going for btw.

That would be a disgraceful move as it'll insult KL fans who want to watch a competitive team.

3 minutes ago, TTT said:

That would be a disgraceful move as it'll insult KL fans who want to watch a competitive team.

It would indeed. But i bet there's a good few Buster bashers on here, that thinks he will do it, even if they don't say it.

Edited by Bald Bloke
spelling

5 hours ago, SUPERACE said:

I think the rule is unfair on riders, clubs can sack a rider when ever they want and don't have to pay them a single penny for missed meetings, but if a rider decides he no longer wants to ride for a team he's blocked from going anywhere else. Give them a years contract guaranteed that solves the problem.

While I agree that it's certainly unfair that clubs can drop riders but a rider will get a ban of they want to leave a club, I have no sympathy for Musielak. He said he needed a break due to injury, while still riding in Poland. Then says he's sitting out the rest of the GB season. So if he feels fit to return it should be with King's Lynn.

If he's not happy there, just be honest about it.

• Like 5

22 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

While I agree that it's certainly unfair that clubs can drop riders but a rider will get a ban of they want to leave a club, I have no sympathy for Musielak. He said he needed a break due to injury, while still riding in Poland. Then says he's sitting out the rest of the GB season. So if he feels fit to return it should be with King's Lynn.

He was happy to sign for Lynn at the start of the season when nobody else wanted him.But now a few vacancies have arisen he thinks this could be his opportunity to earn more maybe?

Edit:Sorry Ippo fans i really did think this was the King's Lynn thread.

Edited by tellboy

22 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

Yes, exactly. Not like anyone would be surprised or blame him for it. 

4 hours ago, Rickyag said:

Disappointed with Tobi, always had him down as a nice bloke and enjoyed watching him at Peterborough but after his article in the SS I presumed he was going back to KL imminently not back track

Not everything is at it seems. He may well have very valid reasons who knows. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/18/2024 at 7:05 PM, Bagpuss said:

Lynn have spoken to dozens of riders, they are desperately trying to replace both unavailable team members.

hasn't he just let one go to Birmingham?

• Like 3