British Speedway Forum

Ipswich Witches 2024 serious team predictions

57 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Tobi M

To some extent you can understand the decision to reject given another team is still using a facility for him

However he has left that team and served the regulatory ban so should be free to sign

Of course I'm risking the comeback of 'you would say that' but for me if a rider witholds his services then he shouldn't be allowed to go elsewhere that season. If hes sacked then fair enough, or settles his differences and comes back for his original club but there has clearly been some underhand stuff going on here on the rider's part, however he dresses it up.

Don't blame Ipswich for asking but I think the BSPL have decided correctly.

• Like 7

16 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Of course I'm risking the comeback of 'you would say that' but for me if a rider witholds his services then he shouldn't be allowed to go elsewhere that season. If hes sacked then fair enough, or settles his differences and comes back for his original club but there has clearly been some underhand stuff going on here on the rider's part, however he dresses it up.

I tend to agree with the principle you set out - makes a lot of sense although it effectively makes the ban for withholding a whole season rather than 28 days

For that to be fair however I would say riders would argue for that to happen any rider dropped would need to be paid for the season (or until redeployed)

Also bear in mind how biased the withholding services situation is towards teams. Riders can be threatened with the ban even when doing so for not paid being for weeks/months

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, blue witch said:

On the flip side should KL still have a facility for him now the 28 days are up since his ban? They should now be looking to sign a replacement (not much out there to choose from) but that's no one else's fault

Lynn now have 'no facility', which is a 75% guest nowadays.

1 hour ago, Bagpuss said:

Couldn't of put it better :t:

2 hours ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Tobi M

To some extent you can understand the decision to reject given another team is still using a facility for him

However he has left that team and served the regulatory ban so should be free to sign

Glad you’ve done it. I did, but quickly deleted :D 

1 hour ago, Bagpuss said:

I’m 50/50 on this now. I totally understand where you’re coming from and I was of the same opinion as you a few weeks ago. I believe I said as much on here. But after hearing a little more I’ve changed my mind a bit. Forget all the local rivalry stuff I’m too long in the tooth for all that, I genuinely feel sorry for the loyal Lynn fans you’re all the innocent parties here, but your club is being run appallingly. 

Sheffield might not be giving up as easily as Ipswich. Let’s see what happens. 

Edited by Arch Stanton
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

I’m 50/50 on this now. I totally understand where you’re coming from and I was of the same opinion as you a few weeks ago. I believe I said as much on here. But after hearing a little more I’ve changed my mind a bit. Forget all the local rivalry stuff I’m too long in the tooth for all that, I genuinely feel sorry for the loyal Lynn fans you’re all the innocent parties here, but your club is being run appallingly. 

I suspect we've both heard the same thing and will probably never know the truth but if Lynn was being run that badly then I'm struggling to believe that Museilak wouldn't be allowed to race elsewhere. And why the riders who do and have ridden for Buster et al at Lynn and P'boro and keep doing so don't withhold their services too. 

4 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

I suspect we've both heard the same thing and will probably never know the truth but if Lynn was being run that badly then I'm struggling to believe that Museilak wouldn't be allowed to race elsewhere. And why the riders who do and have ridden for Buster et al at Lynn and P'boro and keep doing so don't withhold their services too. 

He simply can’t ride elsewhere until Lynn sign a replacement. You can’t have a facility for a rider in any form whilst letting the rider you’re granting that facility for ride for someone else. As for the others in your team who knows? Still earning aren’t they. Maybe principals are not as important to them. 

• Like 1

Just now, Bagpuss said:

Agree.. NKI don't come across a person that would take years of crap and still rides for us. Toby was fuming when Sheffield didn't want him this season. I doubt if his heart was in it from the start tbh. I for one am glad the move was blocked.. I don't blame Ippo for trying though.

4 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

Agree.. NKI don't come across a person that would take years of crap and still rides for us. Toby was fuming when Sheffield didn't want him this season. I doubt if his heart was in it from the start tbh. I for one am glad the move was blocked.. I don't blame Ippo for trying though.

I’m not overly convinced Iversen had many options tbf. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Arch Stanton said:

There in lies one of Speedways problems  - the truth is not always appreciated  :)

• Like 2

I think the rule is unfair on riders, clubs can sack a rider when ever they want and don't have to pay them a single penny for missed meetings, but if a rider decides he no longer wants to ride for a team he's blocked from going anywhere else.  Give them a years contract guaranteed that solves the problem.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

I've tried telling them but they're taking things the wrong way.

Everything I'm seeing at King's Lynn this season is exactly what I saw for the large majority of Peterborough's final season (For now anyway).

The KL fans really need to wake up before it's too late.

2 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

Brutal truth is nobody would be queuing up to sign them apart from Birmingham who are so desperate to a point where they'd sign anyone.

Two riders for example, NKI who is way past his best with no improvement left in him and MPT who's a pointless signing because he gets injured every season and it's just a case of when a club will have to sign a replacement for him once the inevitable happens.

2 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

Doesn't have a choice unless he wants to move to Birmingham.

Tobi has stated that he's a big fan of the KL track on several occasions.

59 minutes ago, TTT said:

Ipswich need to take things further with the BSPL.

It's not Ipswich's fault that Buster runs his club like a circus.

I don't thing anyone has said it is tbf. But Toby lying imo about the reason he wasn't coming back , and trying to pull a fast one, don't sit well with me. That part of it is  what i think some fans are not happy with. Toby went about it the wrong way imho. He may well have a reason for not wanting to ride for Lynn. But it wasn't his UK injury, again imo. He should of come out with the proper reason for wanting out.

36 minutes ago, TTT said:

I've tried telling them but they're taking things the wrong way.

Everything I'm seeing at King's Lynn this season is exactly what I saw for the large majority of Peterborough's final season (For now anyway).

The KL fans really need to wake up before it's too late.

Brutal truth is nobody would be queuing up to sign them apart from Birmingham who are so desperate to a point where they'd sign anyone.

Two riders for example, NKI who is way past his best with no improvement left in him and MPT who's a pointless signing because he gets injured every season and it's just a case of when a club will have to sign a replacement for him once the inevitable happens.

Doesn't have a choice unless he wants to move to Birmingham.

Tobi has stated that he's a big fan of the KL track on several occasions.

We all know it wasn't the track.

Edited by Bald Bloke

10 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

I don't thing anyone has said it is tbf. But Toby lying imo about the reason he wasn't coming back , and trying to pull a fast one, don't sit well with me. That part of it is  what i think some fans are not happy with. Toby went about it the wrong way imho. He may well have a reason for not wanting to ride for Lynn. But it wasn't his UK injury, again imo. He should of come out with the proper reason for wanting out.

We all know it wasn't the track.

I can understand that, Honesty is the best policy in my book.

3 minutes ago, TTT said:

I can understand that, Honesty is the best policy in my book.

Bloody hell, we agree on something. :) Whatever the reason, Buster, the club or not, he should of spoke the truth. 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

Bloody hell, we agree on something. :) Whatever the reason, Buster, the club or not, he should of spoke the truth. 

Disappointed with Tobi, always had him down as a nice bloke and enjoyed watching him at Peterborough but after his article in the SS I presumed he was going back to KL imminently not back track. Not bothered about Chapman and Allitt but do feel for the fans. 

• Like 1