British Speedway Forum

Ipswich Witches 2024 serious team predictions

4 hours ago, siggysigalos said:

I wouldn't say I'm a 100% Certain Kevin, but it seems Mr Michelsen could be close to becoming a Witch in next few days.

But as we all Know in this Sport, 1 Phone Call,a Dodgy Visa or something else like Laguta not being brave enough to turn up every week, things can change very quickly.

If this pans out I for one will be pretty pleased with that, can’t be compared to Doyle on these shores very few can but I think once he’s found the set up he’ll do well at ipswich, decent style for turning the bike and more technical tracks, never knows when he’s beat and doesn’t heavily rely on gating

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, kevin bass said:

I knew the forum clown would chip in at some point;)

Clown that can’t even get his facts right michelsen is 10th in the averages in Poland and the only two riders currently racing in England ahead of him being Emil and Magic

2 hours ago, siggysigalos said:

I would take Phil Mickelson before Laguta and I doubt he's anywhere near the top 22

Ok Chris, i'm in, but its 200 sovs a point.. Yeah?

He pulled over to chat on his phone

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

13 minutes ago, TTT said:

Michelsen did ride for Eastbourne back in the day and he scored well for them around Arlington on a consistent basis.

You’re correct and let’s not forget he was only a teen back then. Much more seasoned and classy rider these days and still unbelievably only 29 years of age. Foxhall would hold no fears for him that’s for sure. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, TTT said:

Michelsen did ride for Eastbourne back in the day and he scored well for them around Arlington on a consistent basis.

Joined Eastbourne during the 2013 on a 5 point assessed average. Finished the following season on 6.02. After Eastbourne dropped out of the elite league he had a spell with Leicester in 2015. I don't think he has ridden over here since.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, LagutaRacingFan said:

Laguta is 2nd in the Polish league averages.

Michelsen is 22.

Laguta was definitely a big pile of number 2 here last season....

37 minutes ago, gazzac said:

Laguta was definitely a big pile of number 2 here last season....

He fell today after race had finished damaged his hand didn't ride after ??

My money would be on Jarek or Patrik to step in to the breach. The Louis family have always had a good rapport with the Polish riders and even though one or two dubious decisions in the past have left the Witches wanting the good have outweighed the bad. Even Drabik would not be that bad but whoever they get, they will not emulate Doyle so it is a case of who will be the most solid middle order reliable rider to fill part of the gap.

6 hours ago, 89buttons said:

Clown that can’t even get his facts right michelsen is 10th in the averages in Poland and the only two riders currently racing in England ahead of him being Emil and Magic

Think you are looking at the averages from a few seasons, if you looked at the same place as me, need to change the range to 2024 stats only.

Michelsen is 21st on 6.86.

Even so a riders Extraliga average doesn't mean a lot when racing in GB. Janowski is 7.54, Pawlicki is 6.82 who have both struggled over here. While Doyle is down in 40th averaging 6.20, with Woffinden further back on 5.76.

Edited by szkocjasid
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

Think you are looking at the averages from a few seasons, if you looked at the same place as me, need to change the range to 2024 stats only.

Michelsen is 21st on 6.86.

Even so a riders Extraliga average doesn't mean a lot when racing in GB. Janowski is 7.54, Pawlicki is 6.82 who have both struggled over here. While Doyle is down in 40th averaging 6.20, with Woffinden further back on 5.76.

Hadn’t spotted that, why an earth would the default on the app be giving you an average for the past seasons rather than this season!? Strange that!

1 hour ago, Hawk127 said:

My money would be on Jarek or Patrik to step in to the breach. The Louis family have always had a good rapport with the Polish riders and even though one or two dubious decisions in the past have left the Witches wanting the good have outweighed the bad. Even Drabik would not be that bad but whoever they get, they will not emulate Doyle so it is a case of who will be the most solid middle order reliable rider to fill part of the gap.

It's Michelsen.

2 hours ago, 89buttons said:

Hadn’t spotted that, why an earth would the default on the app be giving you an average for the past seasons rather than this season!? Strange that!

It was a bit odd, but I was delighted to see Leigh Adams as the all time top averaged rider.

• Like 1

It would seem Michelsen deal is dead in the water.

Hope I'm wrong, and source has heard it wrong, but that's the rumour this morning I'm afraid.

• Like 1

You have to be careful to not jump in and sign someone you’re not entirely convinced by, just for the sake of getting a full 1-7 on track now. With their position in the table, it’s not an urgent situation frankly. Yes they will probably now end up surrendering top spot, but a top 4 place looks fairly secure. There is guaranteed to be more options (potentially better) open up later in the season when the riders’ calendar gets a little less busy. They MAY be biding their time to make sure they get the best possible rider in to replace Doyle for the cup final and play offs. 

2 hours ago, siggysigalos said:

It would seem Michelsen deal is dead in the water.

Hope I'm wrong, and source has heard it wrong, but that's the rumour this morning I'm afraid.

Not surprised, he's very busy already.