British Speedway Forum

Ipswich Witches 2024 serious team predictions

I know that we have started the season well but from what I have seen so far I am not convinced that this team is as strong as some are making out.

Jenkins has been struggling probably through being in the main team, although his lower scoring has been compensated for by Thompson’s impressive start. Can he keep up this start now he is the main team?

The greater concern has to be Rew. He was never intended to be in a reserve position which is forcing Jenkins and Thompson into the main team. Rew is the key to success particularly if we are going to be using r/r for a while.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, JamesB said:

I know that we have started the season well but from what I have seen so far I am not convinced that this team is as strong as some are making out.

Jenkins has been struggling probably through being in the main team, although his lower scoring has been compensated for by Thompson’s impressive start. Can he keep up this start now he is the main team?

The greater concern has to be Rew. He was never intended to be in a reserve position which is forcing Jenkins and Thompson into the main team. Rew is the key to success particularly if we are going to be using r/r for a while.

I'd agree I'm sure they expected more of Rew. Like you say scoring enough to keep Jenkins & Dan T at reserve. 

Starting a point below the limit, they could've gone with Riss or Cook instead, but that's easy to say with hindsight.

Heard a brief interview with Chris Louis on radio suffolk earlier... He confirmed surgery for Danny King and said looking like 3-4 week lay off.  

7 hours ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

Great to see Jordan Jenkins ride so well at Oxford last night. Went from 4th to 1st in one of his races. 
good confidence boost for him 

he only beat riders he would be expected to on his home track.  hopefully the move to reserve will enable him to pick up more points for us

Edited by chun

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Appreciate that speedway riders are double tough, but was just looking at the recovery time for a dislocated shoulder and it can be anything from 6-12 weeks... can't help but wonder if we will see an injury replacement for Ellis maybe?

5 hours ago, MP78 said:

Appreciate that speedway riders are double tough, but was just looking at the recovery time for a dislocated shoulder and it can be anything from 6-12 weeks... can't help but wonder if we will see an injury replacement for Ellis maybe?

I don't know who but there will be a rider from Birmingham looking for a new job in a few days!

Doyle back to number one… will we go guest for him on Monday - maybe Bewley?  Then we could go R/R for King giving Emil an extra ride… which then leaves a guest for Ellis, but not sure who?