British Speedway Forum

Ipswich Witches 2024 serious team predictions

10 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

Seen a lot of negativity towards Danyon Hume on the Ipswich & Redcar pages.

Now I've not seen much of his races so cant comment on the number of falls he's had, but looking simply at the stats.

Hume went from 4.09 to 3.87, but as he was stepping out of the RS position, that seems a decent season to me.

Then look at the Prem aves of Rowe (3.76), Dan T (3.70), Gilkes (3.67) & Bailey (3.57).

Now Hume has a lower Champ average than all these riders, so to have a higher (non-RS) ave than all these "rising stars" seems quite an achievement to me?

He also has a lower Champ average than the top "rising stars" Jenkins (4.21), Kemp (4.04) & Flint (4.00) but is not far below them in the Prem.

Think (some) people have been too harsh on him imo

I’ve always really liked Hume - he is an honest trier - he has last season popped out of the gate on a 5-1 with his heat leader and done well gaining many decent points.

he does fall a fair bit often when in decent positions - I am sure no one is more annoyed than he is - I wouldn’t have an issue with him being back but he won’t be this year. I do feel a different track will help him actually. 

Edited by GeneralMelchett

1 hour ago, Hooky said:

Bottle jobs 2023 & 2024.

It's not a bottle job when it happens against a bunch of cheating scumbags ;):P

• Haha 1

Jordan hasnt exactly had alot of sucessful meetings at Foxhall but hes not afraid to test himself further , 

Would of expected him to be at Oxford in both Premiership & Championship but this deal most likely agreed before Oxford announced running in Premiership 

Been a steadily Improving rider last couple seasons , look after him as he hopefully will be required back at Peterborough in 2025 he says very hopefully.

Edited by scoobydoo

10 minutes ago, Hooky said:

Hahahaha what a loser you are fella!

Maybe - but an honest one with integrity and self respect still intact

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Hooky said:

Hahahaha what a loser you are fella!

Did Sheffield bottle the cup final? Oh yeah they did. And then pick n mix for the final. How is lambert this season? Oh sorry his isn’t part of your team, nor is Harris. And you have the most hated brothers in speedway in the holders. Jack bottled his third place in Grand Prix final when I was in Toruń. Facts. Have a good day ;)

Edited by Shano101
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Shano101 said:

Did Sheffield bottle the cup final? Oh yeah they did. And then pick n mix for the final. How is lambert this season? Oh sorry his isn’t part of your team, nor is Harris. And you have the most hated brothers in speedway in the holders. Jack bottled his third place in Grand Prix final when I was in Toruń. Facts. Have a good day ;)

Another loser hahahahahaha champions let it sink in 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Baldyman said:

Sheffield still favourites in my eyes 

Your Opinion is valid my friend, but for me they don't start as Favourites, i think it's wide open this season, and i don't think Sheffield are as strong as they make out, i'm probably wrong, but i don't see them retaining their title. And i'm not saying Ipswich are Favourites at all, i just think it's wide open, and their are 2 or 3 sides that look stronger than Sheffield on Paper, but they dont race on paper i know??

• Like 1