British Speedway Forum

Ipswich Witches 2024 serious team predictions

15 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

That's the whole point of the discussion, he lives in Norwich so riding in the UK and for Ipswich is perfect for him. Robert Lambert lives in Poland and chooses to do two leagues and then some UK once Poland finishes so their circumstances are different.

Doyle doesn't need to ride here but if you can get a good wage why wouldn't you work in the country where you live?

Pretty sure i read that JD rides here as he likes a busy schedule as if he doesn't have enough meetings he starts to overthink setups etc. So riding in the UK as he lives here is relatively simple.

2 hours ago, cowboy cookie returns? said:

Didn’t Guy Nicholls also sponsor Lynn for a year? I wonder what Buster did to make him switch his sponsorship to Sheffield 

I expect he joined the long list of folk who Buster has fallen out with.

Come to think of it it was 2017 and the fateful night v Poole when Holder and Batchelor were a disgrace, probably something to do with that.

18 hours ago, Tactical Joker said:

You can't question the loyalty of anyone who is prepared to do the journey up and down the A140 / A14 between Norwich and Ipswich! Not the best journey.

Via Bungay and Halesworth is a decent journey - and I believe the Doyles live in a village on the south eastern side of Norwich, which makes that journey more likely. Even so, I wouldn’t be surprised if a lot of his travelling is to/from Stansted.

20 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

Yep, absolutely that. Convenient. 

His words are that of nearly every club sports person on the planet, a bending of the truth. He has his employers, sponsors & fans to utter sweet nothings to, to make money. 

I consider myself to be a skeptic, but your words are absolute cynicism. How sad.

• Like 1

On 11/24/2023 at 1:30 PM, Daniel Smith said:

Done neither. Doyle's integrity & loyalty is with his family. Riding for Ipswich is a job & what he deems best for himself & family right now. 

Nothing to do with any love or loyalty for Ipswich &/or British Speedway. 

Awwww, did someone pee in your coco pops ?

Jason Doyle could have the pick of almost every club to ride for. but chooses Ipswich, which is not your club, so you decide to make yourself look a complete idiot on the forum, and not for the first time ! 

By your completely batrubbish reckoning, every sportsman and sportswoman only ever compete for a particular club solely because of money ! Are there some mercenaries like that ? Of course there are,  “Rental Robert” of Norfolk springs to mind, but to suggest absolutely every rider is a mercenary is completely incorrect ! 

I’ll bet you’re fun at parties ! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Spidvej said:

Jason Doyle could have the pick of almost every club to ride for. but chooses Ipswich, which is not your club, so you decide to make yourself look a complete idiot on the forum, and not for the first time ! 

By your completely batrubbish reckoning, every sportsman and sportswoman only ever compete for a particular club solely because of money ! Are there some mercenaries like that ? Of course there are,  “Rental Robert” of Norfolk springs to mind, but to suggest absolutely every rider is a mercenary is completely incorrect ! 

Why not debate without personal attacks and insults?

Why be so triggered by somebody posting a pretty mild opinion? 

Dear me.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I kind of agree with the sentiment to a degree, you nearly always get these kind of sound bites from sportsman when they sign for a club in most sports. The best one is footballers when they sign for a club in a country the other side of the world, “I’ve always wanted to sign for this club I’ve been a fan since I was a kid”. Yeah of course you have. A few on here are way off with Doyle though. Having been lucky enough to speak to him a couple of times due to my place of work sponsoring meetings, he’s genuinely found a home here, loves the whole atmosphere around the place, gets on very very well with the promotion team and has made Foxhall his fortress. Would he move elsewhere for more money? Possibly, but all things being equal he’d pick Ipswich over anyone else in the league currently. I’d say it would take a decent pay increase to tempt him elsewhere. 

59 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

I kind of agree with the sentiment to a degree, you nearly always get these kind of sound bites from sportsman when they sign for a club in most sports. The best one is footballers when they sign for a club in a country the other side of the world, “I’ve always wanted to sign for this club I’ve been a fan since I was a kid”. Yeah of course you have. A few on here are way off with Doyle though. Having been lucky enough to speak to him a couple of times due to my place of work sponsoring meetings, he’s genuinely found a home here, loves the whole atmosphere around the place, gets on very very well with the promotion team and has made Foxhall his fortress. Would he move elsewhere for more money? Possibly, but all things being equal he’d pick Ipswich over anyone else in the league currently. I’d say it would take a decent pay increase to tempt him elsewhere. 

Not that it matters anymore, but he did agree terms with King's Lynn for both the 22 and 23 season before having a change of heart

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Spidvej said:

The way you’ve gone off in that reply, I’d say you’re even more fun at parties.

1 hour ago, Arch Stanton said:

I don't deny most of that. At the same time he's not riding for Ipswich because he's passionate about Ipswich. It's convenient & paid handsomely. I don't think it's anything for people to get their knickers in a twist over. 

23 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

I don't deny most of that. At the same time he's not riding for Ipswich because he's passionate about Ipswich. It's convenient & paid handsomely. I don't think it's anything for people to get their knickers in a twist over. 

Lets agree simply that you have no idea jasons true intentions, i have no idea and nobody else apart from jason himself so stupid to comment on it in the first place and others have lost their minds over it for no reason either, unless jason comes out and says he's simply using ipswich of course 

On 11/23/2023 at 6:15 PM, Daniel Smith said:

I'm not sure it's about "loyalty to British Speedway" with Doyle at all. He lives reasonably local & stated many times he wants more family time throughout the season. Riding for Ipswich gives him exactly that. 

Nothing more, nothing less. 

On 11/23/2023 at 6:31 PM, Bagpuss said:

Absolutely.

Its great that he has ridden over here for so long but if he was married to a Swede or Pole I expect things could be quite different.

27 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

You knew exactly what you were doing as you started it all with the post above, quickly backed up by another Lynn fan. A Peterborough supporter and a Belle Vue supporter commend the man’s loyalty and lo and behold two Lynn fans immediately respond to argue against it. Why would you even want to start that “debate”? Just comes across as envy and pettiness to be honest. Is it convenient and financially beneficial to him, of course it is nobody has said otherwise to my knowledge, but he does genuinely seem to love riding for Ipswich that’s pretty obvious too and I’ve no doubt they were his first choice. He goes above and beyond what needs to be said when riders sign for clubs

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Aries said:

You knew exactly what you were doing as you started it all with the post above, quickly backed up by another Lynn fan. A Peterborough supporter and a Belle Vue supporter commend the man’s loyalty and lo and behold two Lynn fans immediately respond to argue against it. Why would you even want to start that “debate”? Just comes across as envy and pettiness to be honest. Is it convenient and financially beneficial to him, of course it is nobody has said otherwise to my knowledge, but he does genuinely seem to love riding for Ipswich that’s pretty obvious too and I’ve no doubt they were his first choice. He goes above and beyond what needs to be said when riders sign for clubs

Ok, had to find his original interview for signing for Ipswich in his first year, in which the situation is obviously the same for him personally. 

Read it 3-4 times then come back to me. I know exactly the bits you'll ignore or you'll say "yeah but that 2021."

At no point is he enforcing any commitment to British Speedway. 

“I’ve been speaking to Chris Louis for many years now, but it just never worked out.

“I went to Sweden and then obviously the pandemic happened so the last two years I have been over in just Poland and Sweden. I made the decision after this year that I wanted to come back to British speedway and Chris was the first one I spoke to and obviously from the years before where we were close to signing contracts, I thought it was time to go to Ipswich for the first time.”

“I had a few offers, so I had to sit down and pick through the pros and cons and the main pros are that I like the Ipswich track and have rode well there so that was a big plus point. Plus, living so close to Ipswich as well and going to airports after a Thursday meeting for Grand Prix was another major factor. The final one was being so close to home; I can get back to home from Ipswich within an hour and I’m back in my own bed and not travelling through the night.”

“For myself racing in England is a massive plus because I’m riding all the time on the bike. The young kids always speak about being in Poland and Sweden but if you’re on the bike you are getting a lot more confidence and a lot more money if you are riding twice a week compared to only doing one in Sweden and one in Poland.

“Sometimes if you are not in the top five in the team, you are probably in and out of the team all year. For myself, riding a lot in England helps me riding in Poland and in the Grand Prix and I seem to go a lot better when I’m on the bike and not thinking as much as perhaps I have the last couple of years when I have been doing Poland and Sweden. The young kids they really need to look at the way I do it because for myself I think it benefits my racing when I do go to other major competitions.”

10 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

Ok, had to find his original interview for signing for Ipswich in his first year, in which the situation is obviously the same for him personally. 

Read it 3-4 times then come back to me. I know exactly the bits you'll ignore or you'll say "yeah but that 2021."

At no point is he enforcing any commitment to British Speedway. 

“I’ve been speaking to Chris Louis for many years now, but it just never worked out.

“I went to Sweden and then obviously the pandemic happened so the last two years I have been over in just Poland and Sweden. I made the decision after this year that I wanted to come back to British speedway and Chris was the first one I spoke to and obviously from the years before where we were close to signing contracts, I thought it was time to go to Ipswich for the first time.”

“I had a few offers, so I had to sit down and pick through the pros and cons and the main pros are that I like the Ipswich track and have rode well there so that was a big plus point. Plus, living so close to Ipswich as well and going to airports after a Thursday meeting for Grand Prix was another major factor. The final one was being so close to home; I can get back to home from Ipswich within an hour and I’m back in my own bed and not travelling through the night.”

“For myself racing in England is a massive plus because I’m riding all the time on the bike. The young kids always speak about being in Poland and Sweden but if you’re on the bike you are getting a lot more confidence and a lot more money if you are riding twice a week compared to only doing one in Sweden and one in Poland.

“Sometimes if you are not in the top five in the team, you are probably in and out of the team all year. For myself, riding a lot in England helps me riding in Poland and in the Grand Prix and I seem to go a lot better when I’m on the bike and not thinking as much as perhaps I have the last couple of years when I have been doing Poland and Sweden. The young kids they really need to look at the way I do it because for myself I think it benefits my racing when I do go to other major competitions.”

So you’ll take what he said 2 years ago as gospel but what he’s said this close season is all a line for the fans and he doesn’t mean a word of it yeah?