British Speedway Forum

King’s Lynn 2024 serious team predictions

1 minute ago, Daniel Smith said:

Absolutely, but being in & around a negative / uncompetitive surroundings with slow progression. 

Anders needs to be in a well run club that wants to win.

If I was advising any young rider today, I'd be pushing for them to get in at Belle Vue or Sheffield.

Any young rider needs to be advised to stay away from Chapman and Allitt. BV, Ipswich or Sheffield would be the clubs to be looking at for there best future in the sport.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

Absolutely, but being in & around a negative / uncompetitive surroundings with slow progression. 

Anders needs to be in a well run club that wants to win.

If I was advising any young rider today, I'd be pushing for them to get in at Belle Vue or Sheffield.

Aces have zishke lined for reserve next season :t:

1 minute ago, Rickyag said:

Any young rider needs to be advised to stay away from Chapman and Allitt. BV, Ipswich or Sheffield would be the clubs to be looking at for there best future in the sport.

Bit of an unfair comment tbh: 

Is Robert Lambert not a proven example of success under Chapman and Allitt? 

BV 

- Conor Baileys career really took off this season didn’t it? 

Sheffield 

- Dan Gilkes is progressing well isn’t he?

- Likewise Jason Edwards (gone backwards since he left Lynn) 

Ipswich 

- Dan Thompson has been a success, granted, but has gone backwards since in main body and confidence declined since Emil and Jason’s injuries 

- Jordan Jenkins has looked poor until recent weeks 

2 minutes ago, Rickyag said:

I'd only not advise Ipswich to a young Brit purely because of their track. Poland is the pinnacle of the sport, small tracks are ideal for experienced rider's in today's sport.

4 minutes ago, StarBoy said:

Absolutely not. Lambert’s improvement went up levels after leaving British Speedway. 

Riding in the Elitserien was his turning point

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

Absolutely not. Lambert’s improvement went up levels after leaving British Speedway. 

Riding in the Elitserien was his turning point

Okay - he may have improved more significantly after riding in Sweden, but if he wasn’t given his chance at 16 to ride in the Lynn first team things may have worked out differently

22 minutes ago, StarBoy said:

BV 

Sheffield 

Ipswich 

- Dan Thompson has been a success, granted, but has gone backwards since in main body and confidence declined since Emil and Jason’s injuries 

Bailey quit himself ! look what b/vue did for Brennan is more accurate :t:

27 minutes ago, StarBoy said:

BV 

Sheffield 

Ipswich 

Aces RS’s (or whatever it was at the time)

S.Worrall

Bewley

Smith

Brennan

You’re right about Connor, just hope the poor lad can get himself sorted. 

1 minute ago, AceBelle said:

Bailey quit himself ! look what b/vue did for Brennan is more accurate :t:

Must’ve been a reason Bailey left citing his mental health? Fans of every other club want to make up rumours as to why Lynn riders pack up and leave, maybe something going on behind the scenes at BV that got Bailey down? 

If you look at the whole post I’m referring to this season… although I will give you Brennan certainly is a success story, but he has come on leaps and bounds since being at Brum

3 minutes ago, ouch said:

Aces RS’s (or whatever it was at the time)

S.Worrall - Over the hill now

Bewley - a real success story (but being a Lynn fan I will be biased and say Lambert has a higher ceiling)

Smith - 

Brennan - Needed to get out of BV was going to stagnate. Come on massively since being at Brum

You’re right about Connor, just hope the poor lad can get himself sorted. 

3 hours ago, SaddlebowRoad said:

I'd have Basso back and I don't think you can not go with Iversen again if he wants to come back, he's been immense recently.

Apparently Rowe is no longer a RS so I'd be ruthless and let him go in order to have a rock solid 1-6, maybe somebody like Brennan or Harris so you always have a heavyweight reserve. I don't think a 'proper' number one is realistic in terms of finances and fingers being burned by Museilak's conduct.

Maybe Hagon as RS, think he's an asset unless I'm mistaken.

So something like

Kvech

Iversen

Basso

Lawson

Klindt

Harris

Hagon

Very similar build to this season so would steer clear, don't think Rowe should be on the chopping block. Would be tempted to try and get Magic in in the middle order if he would fit too, then its a case of sorting out a number 1 which is easier said than done. 

4 hours ago, SaddlebowRoad said:

I'd have Basso back and I don't think you can not go with Iversen again if he wants to come back, he's been immense recently.

Apparently Rowe is no longer a RS so I'd be ruthless and let him go in order to have a rock solid 1-6, maybe somebody like Brennan or Harris so you always have a heavyweight reserve. I don't think a 'proper' number one is realistic in terms of finances and fingers being burned by Museilak's conduct.

Maybe Hagon as RS, think he's an asset unless I'm mistaken.

So something like

Kvech

Iversen

Basso

Lawson

Klindt

Harris

Hagon

Not sure Basso wants to ride for us after his recent disappearances.

1 minute ago, therefused said:

Very similar build to this season so would steer clear, don't think Rowe should be on the chopping block. Would be tempted to try and get Magic in in the middle order if he would fit too, then its a case of sorting out a number 1 which is easier said than done. 

Don’t think it will matter - doesn’t look likely at this stage we will reach tapes in ‘25. But I’ll play along with a 1-7 (based of current GSAs)

1. 8.66 to play with. If we had a wealthy financier or sponsor that came in I would take Laguta again on the basis he committed to every meeting. Other options (Lebedevs, Dudek, Michelsen, Vaculik etc etc)

2. Basso - has took the piss recently, but has been the most consistent rider at home this season (6.89)

3. Lawson - has to be the first name on the team sheet if we’re coming back. (7.21)

4. Kvech - Has been an absolute revelation. Fans love him and he seems to love being here (6.52)

5. Janowski - has twice shown this season his liking to AFA. Think he’d make an outstanding 2nd HL for us (7.01)

6. Rowe - with the 25% reduction it is a no brainer, but only if we used the points saving elsewhere (3.71)

RS. Boughen - I believe he is our asset

1 hour ago, StarBoy said:

BV 

Sheffield 

Ipswich 

Not accurate. He more than held his own when moving in to the main body, continuing to impress and scoring well against seasoned riders. His form has nosedived though over the last six weeks or so but that can happen to young riders. Easy to forget he’s only just turned 20. As you say, the team being in turmoil hasn’t helped.

1 hour ago, Daniel Smith said:

I'd only not advise Ipswich to a young Brit purely because of their track. Poland is the pinnacle of the sport, small tracks are ideal for experienced rider's in today's sport.

Some of the very best riders in the world over the years cut their teeth and honed their skills on the small technical tracks in the UK. 

20 minutes ago, StarBoy said:

Don’t think it will matter - doesn’t look likely at this stage we will reach tapes in ‘25. But I’ll play along with a 1-7 (based of current GSAs)

1. 8.66 to play with. If we had a wealthy financier or sponsor that came in I would take Laguta again on the basis he committed to every meeting. Other options (Lebedevs, Dudek, Michelsen, Vaculik etc etc)

2. Basso - has took the piss recently, but has been the most consistent rider at home this season (6.89)

3. Lawson - has to be the first name on the team sheet if we’re coming back. (7.21)

4. Kvech - Has been an absolute revelation. Fans love him and he seems to love being here (6.52)

5. Janowski - has twice shown this season his liking to AFA. Think he’d make an outstanding 2nd HL for us (7.01)

6. Rowe - with the 25% reduction it is a no brainer, but only if we used the points saving elsewhere (3.71)

RS. Boughen - I believe he is our asset

Oxford asset isn’t he?

1 minute ago, Aries said:

Some of the very best riders in the world over the years cut their teeth and honed their skills on the small technical tracks in the UK. 

Oxford asset isn’t he?

I always thought he was ours, but I may be mistaken

38 minutes ago, Aries said:

Absolutely, but the landscape of the sport is very different. The world's very best now only need to be throttle jockeys.

For our youth today, the standards the club sets & track size are very important to a rider's future.

Plying your trade in this game at a small track in 2024 & beyond will do the youth no good whatsoever for their future aspirations.

Small tracks are for the exceptional & experienced decliners

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TINYS said:

Not sure Basso wants to ride for us after his recent disappearances.

Think he did.

Dont think I would have him in the team next season anyway,purely because he has a too high average imo.