British Speedway Forum

King’s Lynn 2024 serious team predictions

34 minutes ago, kelvinht said:

Hearing rumours of no NKI or Kvech on Wednesday.....Lawson and Harris guesting, but that still leaves us short of two riders for 'KL Select'

Yeah Rob confirmed that they're both missing 😞

On 8/21/2024 at 7:42 PM, SpeedwayFan91 said:

At this moment in time King’s Lynn won’t be running next season! Let’s hope things work out for the best though and they actually do end up running!! #OurStars

I think they will.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AceBelle said:

Can lawson guest under the 8 day rule ?

I'm sure there's a rule somewhere that say the 8 day rule doesn't apply if it's overcast or there could be a shower the following day.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, kelvinht said:

Hearing rumours of no NKI or Kvech on Wednesday.....Lawson and Harris guesting, but that still leaves us short of two riders for 'KL Select'

Plenty of riders that could be available for Weds. Lawson, Harris, Picko, Wright, Becker, Masters, King, Brennen, Z. Cook.

I don't know how many the rules allow, or funds for that matter.

We could be fooked Thursday though:blink:, if riders aint back. With only BV not riding. Ben Cook, Blodorn maybe.

34 minutes ago, TINYS said:

I'm sure there's a rule somewhere that say the 8 day rule doesn't apply if it's overcast or there could be a shower the following day.

It's called the "changes to the atmospheric conditions prevailing above" regulation....

But only applies to left handed riders..

On Tuesdays...

In May or June..

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, tellboy said:

I think they will.

If in the premiership would probably have majority of the team back personally, but still screaming out for a proper number 1 that will be here for the whole season. 

2. Lawson

4. Klindt

5. Kvech

6. Rowe

16 minutes ago, therefused said:

If in the premiership would probably have majority of the team back personally, but still screaming out for a proper number 1 that will be here for the whole season. 

2. Lawson

4. Klindt

5. Kvech

6. Rowe

I'd have Basso back and I don't think you can not go with Iversen again if he wants to come back, he's been immense recently.

Apparently Rowe is no longer a RS so I'd be ruthless and let him go in order to have a rock solid 1-6, maybe somebody like Brennan or Harris so you always have a heavyweight reserve. I don't think a 'proper' number one is realistic in terms of finances and fingers being burned by Museilak's conduct.

Maybe Hagon as RS, think he's an asset unless I'm mistaken.

So something like

Kvech

Iversen

Basso

Lawson

Klindt

Harris

Hagon

39 minutes ago, SaddlebowRoad said:

I'd have Basso back and I don't think you can not go with Iversen again if he wants to come back, he's been immense recently.

Apparently Rowe is no longer a RS so I'd be ruthless and let him go in order to have a rock solid 1-6, maybe somebody like Brennan or Harris so you always have a heavyweight reserve. I don't think a 'proper' number one is realistic in terms of finances and fingers being burned by Museilak's conduct.

So something like

Kvech

Iversen

Basso

Lawson

Klindt

Harris

Hagon

Kvech will be south of the border next year 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, SaddlebowRoad said:

So something like

Kvech

Iversen

Basso

Lawson

Klindt

Harris

Hagon

That looks pretty solid to me if it fits with points limit and would be a good way to go. More flexibility in terms replacements for injuries and the like.

Would be shame to have to jettison Anders though...suspect Sheffield would snap him up after hearing stead talk about him

So something like

Kvech

Iversen

Basso

Lawson

Klindt

Harris

Hagon

I'd have Rowe back on -25% of his average.

1 hour ago, cowboy cookie returns? said:

Kvech will be south of the border next year 

Don't think so.

So something like

Kvech

Iversen

Basso

Lawson

Klindt

Harris

Hagon

Not bad. But wouldn't be my pick. As it stands that top 6 is 40.02 :t:

There would be serious competition for Rowe's signature in 25.

In my option, I can't see why Rowe would stay at King's Lynn. Surely he'd want to be with a competitive team next year, for his own development. 

Sheffield, Ipswich & Belle Vue would be mad not to try & tempt him, the best No7 out there now.

6 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

In my option, I can't see why Rowe would stay at King's Lynn. Surely he'd want to be with a competitive team next year, for his own development. 

Sheffield, Ipswich & Belle Vue would be mad not to try & tempt him, the best No7 out there now.

So you don't think he has developed this year in an uncompetitive team?

5 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

he's averaged 5.08 at home and a great 4.85 away for us this season.  Would be  an absolute bargain on 3.7.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, therefused said:

So you don't think he has developed this year in an uncompetitive team?

Absolutely, but being in & around a negative / uncompetitive surroundings with slow progression. 

Anders needs to be in a well run club that wants to win.

If I was advising any young rider today, I'd be pushing for them to get in at Belle Vue or Sheffield.