British Speedway Forum

King’s Lynn 2024 serious team predictions

23 minutes ago, LagutaRacingFan said:

Artem waited 6 months for a phone call from the UK.

One never came.

Didn’t you call him? You seem close 

29 minutes ago, LagutaRacingFan said:

One never came.

It did...

He was out running. ..:D

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Daniel Smith said:

Hold on though, don't you think Peterborough fans have a right to feel bitter towards Buster??

Swindon fans feel bitter towards their owners, so do Rye House, Reading etc. 

They've been duped in to thinking there's a future and it then never materialise.

Currently happening to King's Lynn, there is absolutely nothing being talked about regards running in 2025.

King's Lynn fans are asleep to it. 

Can't wait to see what the happy clappers opinions are if the doors close. That genuinely would be 100% on Buster as the cause.

Does any speedway team look any further than the current season.

I do think the term happy clappers is a very poor way of saying things.Are those really any different to those who can't see anything positive from a club.

On 7/2/2024 at 11:29 AM, hasta la vista said:

Musielak won't ride in the UK again this season.

All these theories etc on here about Buster and going to other teams are total nonsense.

His foot is in a very bad way and obv UK is the league that you would drop as it doesn't pay.

On Musielak, you maybe right,but it certainly isn't a given as we speak today.....Fact

1 hour ago, tellboy said:

Does any speedway team look any further than the current season.

I do think the term happy clappers is a very poor way of saying things.Are those really any different to those who can't see anything positive from a club.

Eventually, patience runs out.

I was once one of those 'Happy Clappers' so it's not a poor choice of words. Never had a bad word to say, travelled home and away year in year out. 

Only when Jonathan Chapman left the deterioration was massively noticeable with every passing year. 2017 absolutely shattered the Camel's back.

Once JC left, within a season or two, we should have returned to the 2nd tier.

30 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

Eventually, patience runs out.

I was once one of those 'Happy Clappers' so it's not a poor choice of words. Never had a bad word to say, travelled home and away year in year out. 

Only when Jonathan Chapman left the deterioration was massively noticeable with every passing year. 2017 absolutely shattered the Camel's back.

Once JC left, within a season or two, we should have returned to the 2nd tier.

Maybe JC had spent most of BC's money that's why we are left with the scraps today.

So 'happy clappers' term is ok because you classed yourself as one:blink:

2 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

Hold on though, don't you think Peterborough fans have a right to feel bitter towards Buster??

Swindon fans feel bitter towards their owners, so do Rye House, Reading etc. 

They've been duped in to thinking there's a future and it then never materialise.

Currently happening to King's Lynn, there is absolutely nothing being talked about regards running in 2025.

King's Lynn fans are asleep to it. 

Can't wait to see what the happy clappers opinions are if the doors close. That genuinely would be 100% on Buster as the cause.

What could Buster have done to keep Peterborough going? The showground rug was being pulled from under them. No venue, no racing. That's the reality for many a club's demise, the venue being lost, mainly to developers, and finding a new one really isn't easy.

Edited by TracksideTramp

1 minute ago, TracksideTramp said:

What could Buster have done to keep Peterborough going? The showground rug was being pulled from under them. No venue, no racing. That's the reality for many a club's demise, the venue being lost, mainly to developers, and finding a new one really isn't easy.

What got to the Panthers fans was his speech about not supporting a protest or fight AEPG, hence he got jeered by the crowd on the night.

I'd say the majority of people are somewhere in between Happy Clapper and Negative Nigel. Would agree thatvwe belong in the second tier, I think that's become more obvious over the last few seasons. 

5 hours ago, LagutaRacingFan said:

One never came.

Doesn't he realise that all phones have a dial, as well as a receiver? :D

Could have called a few promoters.

3 hours ago, Rickyag said:

What got to the Panthers fans was his speech about not supporting a protest or fight AEPG, hence he got jeered by the crowd on the night.

To say what he did that night was just completely tone deaf from somebody who is supposedly a speedway supporter. Especially as it was on the eve of the Public planning inquiry for Coventry which showed everybody what can be done if there is a coordinated fight, whether that concludes successfully or not remains to be seen, but to just roll over without a fight after 50 odd years is totally unforgivable. If he didn't want to put up a fight, fair enough, but to dissuade others certainly rubbed a lot of people up the wrong way. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TracksideTramp said:

It's the way he handled the whole situation that has rubbed Panthers fans up the wrong way.

Would've been better to get a PR team to put out a well worded statement in a professional manner.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, TTT said:

FYI I'm only interested in seeing Musielak sign for Ipswich or Sheffield followed by him scoring a maximum at the AFA later this month.

You really have got it bad and obviously in need of help ................ I would guess there are several psychiatrists listed on the net if you look hard enough!!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, DizzAssStar said:

You really have got it bad and obviously in need of help ................ I would guess there are several psychiatrists listed on the net if you look hard enough!!

Obviously you need to learn how to take a joke / bit of banter.

That's the problem with snowflake lefties like yourself in this day and age. Far too sensitive to the point where you take everything the wrong way.

Edited by TTT

10 hours ago, LagutaRacingFan said:

One never came.

Why on earth haven’t you made everyone aware of Laguta’s availability and keenness to ride in the UK before now? If you hadn’t been keeping this under your hat he would have been snapped up long ago. You appear to be a big fan of his and perhaps ought to have done a bit more to raise his profile and the speedway world’s awareness of his availability. The first thing for British teams to check of course is his average which will be important when looking at guest options after he has completed a few laps and decided that having to constantly turn left in cold weather is not for him.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

From what I gather the issues that the new promoter had were nothing to do with speedway let alone Buster.

Am I being daft here, as I can’t read between the lines?

• Like 1