British Speedway Forum

King’s Lynn 2024 serious team predictions

20 minutes ago, TTT said:

Lol.

You won't see Musielak at KL for the rest of the season imo because his Polish club won't allow it, They'll want a fully fit Musielak and they're not going to take any chances.

Kvech is in for Tobi, Buster's just taking everyone for a ride by saying it's for MPT before announcing that Tobi won't be back but MPT has made a recovery that'll see him slot straight back into the side imo.

Its amazing how they can ride in Poland but not here..Polish tracks dont like there riders riding over here because of injuries...

If it is as simple as stars Management are saying, then they should have put the news out days ago when they first knew and booked in brennan.

I just hope it is as they say, but being a stars fan, you are never quite convinced....!

30 minutes ago, FishersGate said:

Kings Lynn should just run in the Championship. They are absolutely rubbish in the prem 

Maybe you should put your money where your mouth is and take over at KL esp if KC retires next year as is being touted ......... I'm sure you'll do a great job !!!!!!!!!!!!

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

The only place i see Buster running next year, is into retirement.

KL always seem to run on a shoestring budget that’s a major factor no wealthy main sponsor bank rolling the club - as for next season who knows ? Someone might fancy running the club can’t see Buster running speedway next season tbh - I thought we’d a decent team at start of the season but just how quickly it all went wrong - new enthusiasm new ideas are definitely need rather than going through the motions each season to just compete fixtures .

3 minutes ago, Haza said:

KL always seem to run on a shoestring budget that’s a major factor no wealthy main sponsor bank rolling the club - as for next season who knows ? Someone might fancy running the club can’t see Buster running speedway next season tbh - I thought we’d a decent team at start of the season but just how quickly it all went wrong - new enthusiasm new ideas are definitely need rather than going through the motions each season to just compete fixtures .

He did run Peterborough until he was kicked out, presumably because he wanted to sell his "asset", even though there were no serious buyers and still wants to sell a franchise with no track. And even though Lynn is/was for sale I doubt he'd just shut up shop and accept the loss.

15 minutes ago, DizzAssStar said:

Maybe you should put your money where your mouth is and take over at KL esp if KC retires next year as is being touted ......... I'm sure you'll do a great job !!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm speaking facts. Kings Lynn are terrible. It's not my job to turn it round. 

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

They’ve basically suspended him for 28 days, but the statement was just written in a very nice way… but normally when that happens you can’t use R/R or decent guests, you usually have to use a guest with 75% or less of the average of the rider he’s replacing, so they’ve helped us out massively surprisingly

Edited by SpeedwayFan91

10 minutes ago, iainb said:

He did run Peterborough until he was kicked out, presumably because he wanted to sell his "asset", even though there were no serious buyers and still wants to sell a franchise with no track. And even though Lynn is/was for sale I doubt he'd just shut up shop and accept the loss.

Put the licence on ice for a season or two see what happens then just can’t see Buster running next season - hopefully someone will come forward and run the club who knows 

On 6/4/2024 at 5:49 PM, Haza said:

You ain’t wrong with clueless Allit involved ain’t he Allit’s neighbour or at least lives down the same road 

Clueless Allitt?… I’m sure he wouldn’t Jorgensen when he has a broken back, Brian

Whichever way you dress the situation up and word it, it's a shambles and farcical. The sport in this country suffers but nowhere near as much as the fans. Sadly, it probably won't be the last time this happens this season either 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, orion said:

Hard to ride the Uk tracks..lol its hardly Wolves and Arena anymore. .his Polish club wont let him ride and hes been banned.

What Poland are doing is illegal in European law - you cannot stop someone earning a living.  The reason they get away with it is that no one stands up to them because that is where the money is.  The Poles are sort of suggesting that because their riders were injured in the UK then it is not safe for their riders to ride here.  As we all know that is b*llocks from a few high profile examples: Lee Richardson, Darcy Ward, Tomasz Gollob etc.

It would be good if someone had the ability to challenge the Poles on their employment practices!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The last two videos of races in Poland I have seen on here the crowd looked very small. Is the bubble starting to burst which means that Polish promoters don't want to upset their remaining supporters?

This is only based on two random videos which may have had the worst crowds of the season but it does raise suspicions.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, FishersGate said:

I'm speaking facts. Kings Lynn are terrible. It's not my job to turn it round. 

No ....... you don't speak FACTS .......... just your opinion.   KL own their track for starters .......... so I don't suppose they are as "badly run" as you IMAGINE!!

As for it not being your job that's just another get out for someone with a big mouth and shallow pockets!

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Steve0 said:

What Poland are doing is illegal in European law - you cannot stop someone earning a living.  The reason they get away with it is that no one stands up to them because that is where the money is.  The Poles are sort of suggesting that because their riders were injured in the UK then it is not safe for their riders to ride here.  As we all know that is b*llocks from a few high profile examples: Lee Richardson, Darcy Ward, Tomasz Gollob etc.

It would be good if someone had the ability to challenge the Poles on their employment practices!

the majority of crashes I've seen from over there are from rider errors , because they can only ride on snooker table tracks. 

The incident with Zischke this week the prime example. Riders over there are more of a hazard than the tracks over here.

49 minutes ago, Steve0 said:

Kings Lynn already tried to stand up to them and got fined 2 points for breaching SCB regulations. 

It’s also the reason why Kvech isn’t making his debut tomorrow as there’s a rearranged Zielona Gora fixture  because someone sold the Thursday protected race night to the highest bidder…

1 hour ago, Steve0 said:

Tomasz Gollob suffered his serious injuries in a motocross accident in Poland in 2017, after he had retired from the shale I believe...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Steve0 said:

Per Jonsson another example.  We're not in the EU anymore - even so, when they say they're 'banned' I think what they mean is a contractual penalty rather than an actual ban - e.g. if they do ride here they will lose their place in their Polish team and not be in contention for open meetings, riding for Poland etc. maybe even suspending their registration.  No rider will want to lose all of that hence it works for the Polish teams to threaten it.