British Speedway Forum

King’s Lynn 2024 serious team predictions

10 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Not unexpected, the hope now is that we get to see the rest of the season before Buster retires.

Definitely concerning times again for the club sadly .

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, rearingtogo said:

I honestly cannot see Rob Lyon being happy about the whole situation Rob is very professional in how he goes about his business and I can see this going down with him like a lead balloon.

I agree with that . Will be interesting what happens between now and Monday at Belle Vue and Thursday next home meeting with Ipswich personally if think the club should say nothing and come out fighting for every point  let on track action be there response . 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, rearingtogo said:

I honestly cannot see Rob Lyon being happy about the whole situation Rob is very professional in how he goes about his business and I can see this going down with him like a lead balloon.

10 years ago I would have agreed but he's been alongside Buster at Peterborough too, he's well aware of how it all works under that ownership so I'm not sure he cares to be honest

2 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

They’re all trying hard to run a viable professional league only for this clown to undermine it all with his shenanigans

Yep, luckily no other club ever does anything wrong or breaks rules for their own self interest. Not to mention they are all losing money. So professional, like introducing transponders etc. oh hang on... 

KL will see out the season imo however team changes will be imminent as a cost cutting measure because Buster clearly doesn't want or cant afford to run Speedway with the current side.

Last year of King's Lynn though imo.

• Like 1

Cannot see anyone else really wanting to run the speedway at Lynn with the history of who they would be dealing with and the previous experience in mind that it seems has ended badly with Alex Brady. 

Wouldn't be surprised if in 2025 the Trackstar Stock Car promotion are not given more dates including some in midweek as Buster would make more money from the stadium's use for his pocket this way and with little or no hassle to him.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, hasta la vista said:

Yep, luckily no other club ever does anything wrong or breaks rules for their own self interest. Not to mention they are all losing money. So professional, like introducing transponders etc. oh hang on... 

Not even remotely true. 

40 minutes ago, rearingtogo said:

If that happens I can’t see any difference it will make with results

Won’t with results but definitely will in wages to riders 

1 hour ago, Arch Stanton said:

Not even remotely true. 

Difficulty to evidence one way or another. Where Companies House records are available it hardly presents a positive position (although you can generally only see the balance sheet not the profit and loss account). If clubs were more open about their finances it would take away much of the speculation

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sir Sidney said:

Difficulty to evidence one way or another. Where Companies House records are available it hardly presents a positive position (although you can generally only see the balance sheet not the profit and loss account). If clubs were more open about their finances it would take away much of the speculation

An awful lot of promotors have their clubs as their sole source of income. If you believe the narrative that they all lose money running them because “of their true love of the sport” then you also probably believe in the tooth fairy. 

18 minutes ago, Aries said:

An awful lot of promotors have their clubs as their sole source of income. If you believe the narrative that they all lose money running them because “of their true love of the sport” then you also probably believe in the tooth fairy. 

All I'm suggesting is that it is difficult to evidence it.  However, balance sheets are an indicator of the health of a company. 

Ps what time does the tooth fairy come and how long before Santa's arrives? 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, SpeedwayFan91 said:

Basso’s snapped chain in heat 13 cost us the meeting in the end… but idiot me, Palm Toft needs to go now, enough is enough!! We should not be losing from 14 points in front

Agree on both points.Toft is a dead cert surely.

How many chains does Basso snap.There has to be something wrong there some where to be snapping so many.

13 hours ago, SpeedwayFan91 said:

Basso’s snapped chain in heat 13 cost us the meeting in the end… but idiot me, Palm Toft needs to go now, enough is enough!! We should not be losing from 14 points in front

We have around 7.30 points to replace Tofty. But who can we get?. Oxford are 5 points under the limit. Surly they will strengthen up, and have room for a double change.. Harris  or Wright for MPT, or Harris and Wright for Tofty and NKI would do me. ;)

In reality, it will probably be Lewi for Tofty, which would still leave us around 2 points under.  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

We have around 7.30 points to replace Tofty. But who can we get?. Oxford are 5 points under the limit. Surly they will strengthen up, and have room for a double change.. Harris  or Wright for MPT, or Harris and Wright for Tofty and NKI would do me. ;)

In reality, it will probably be Lewi for Tofty, which would still leave us around 2 points under.  

Lewi won’t come back to Lynn unfortunately :’( he will be back in at Oxford for Craig Cook anyway 

13 hours ago, SpeedwayFan91 said:

Lewi won’t come back to Lynn unfortunately :’( he will be back in at Oxford for Craig Cook anyway 

If it came to it I think he would. No bridges were burned.

As you say though I'd be amazed if he's not back at Oxford.