British Speedway Forum

King’s Lynn 2024 serious team predictions

3 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

4 weeks should be plenty, if indeed he will be allowed to return. I think Lewi rode a few seasons back after 2-3 weeks after having it plated. It depends on their pain threshold i guess. I'd take 2 off of Ben's score myself, for 42. Hope i'm wrong;)

I heard that he already had the collarbone in question plated and as part of the crash dislodged it. Don’t know if that complicates the surgery/recovery time…

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, StarBoy said:

I heard that he already had the collarbone in question plated and as part of the crash dislodged it. Don’t know if that complicates the surgery/recovery time…

His operation is booked for Monday.  It’s not a simple repair as he has had his collarbone plated previously and it’s broken right next to that. A bigger plate isn’t an option.  
looking to be out for between 4-6 weeks. 

16 hours ago, scoobydoo said:

Didn't know Simon Lambert was Russian !!

I have credible information that Buster will announce future world champion, Russian rider Szimon’ Lambertski as Musielaks replacement this evening.

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

Perhaps Buster will keep finding "poor" weather forecasts & cancel every home match till Musielak returns?

Mate, you've made your point, it's getting a little bit boring now.

• Like 8

6 minutes ago, SpeedwayFan91 said:

It’s just a massive shame that this situation may indeed force Buster to pull the team out, sad state of affairs 

If the reason for this latest call off is money (people through the turnstiles), then we can't be in very good shape finically, even at this early stage in the season. :(

On 5/5/2024 at 11:35 AM, szkocjasid said:

Perhaps Buster will keep finding "poor" weather forecasts & cancel every home match till Musielak returns?

On 5/5/2024 at 12:12 PM, Bagpuss said:

Mate, you've made your point, it's getting a little bit boring now.

As I made this comment (obviously a joke) before the latest cancellation, perhaps I was actually right?

8 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

If the reason for this latest call off is money (people through the turnstiles), then we can't be in very good shape finically, even at this early stage in the season. :(

But surely then he would be more keen for riders to be ‘injured’/unavailable for away meetings and user cheaper guests? 

we’ve had 4 away meetings, 5th to come on Monday and 2 home meetings. The riders still need to be paid for away meetings, regardless of whether we’re generating income from home meetings. 

Apparently there were 1400 people at the opening home meeting against BV and 1000 at the last one against BB…

11 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

It’s definitely not money

2 hours ago, SpeedwayFan91 said:

It’s definitely not money

So its a principle thing? Not that he's worried about crowd levels dropping if we are not winning at home, which is a money thing.

5 hours ago, StarBoy said:

But surely then he would be more keen for riders to be ‘injured’/unavailable for away meetings and user cheaper guests? 

we’ve had 4 away meetings, 5th to come on Monday and 2 home meetings. The riders still need to be paid for away meetings, regardless of whether we’re generating income from home meetings. 

Apparently there were 1400 people at the opening home meeting against BV and 1000 at the last one against BB…

Your first point would help obviously.

But his income comes from those home meetings, as we know. Loose some home meetings and the crowds will dwindle. 1400 against BV, First meeting and a decent team i know, but we lost. Next meeting, Birmingham, not as good a team, but one we should win, and you get 1000. We couldn't afford to to loose the next home one( Leicester,) which was looking likely, with 2 key riders missing imho.

I'm only guessing, and in no way saying it's right, but that's how i see it.   

• Like 1

23 hours ago, kevin bass said:

It's probably coz Chapman has been thru to A-Z of excuses to cancel meetings and now can't come up with any new ones to use to call a meeting off;)

True.

On 5/10/2024 at 9:09 AM, kevin bass said:

It's probably coz Chapman has been thru to A-Z of excuses to cancel meetings and now can't come up with any new ones to use to call a meeting off;)

It’s just weird or even bizarre that Chapman “postpones” meetings that are capable of being run. 
Ok, he’s the one who has to deal with the short term cash-flow challenge but he simply cannot be allowed to be the tail that wags the dog. 
The BSPA need to hit him where it hurts the most which is  a financial penalty (fine or fixture awarded to Lions) and be  informed clearly that such similar actions will not be tolerated in the future.  

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, 1 valve said:

It’s just weird or even bizarre that Chapman “postpones” meetings that are capable of being run. 
Ok, he’s the one who has to deal with the short term cash-flow challenge but he simply cannot be allowed to be the tail that wags the dog. 
The BSPA need to hit him where it hurts the most which is  a financial penalty (fine or fixture awarded to Lions) and be  informed clearly that such similar actions will not be tolerated in the future.  

All fine...

Until he decides he doesnt want to play anymore and takes both his bat and his ball home..

Then panic sets in...

Edited by mikebv

1 hour ago, mikebv said:

All fine...

Until he decides he doesnt want to play anymore and takes both his bat and his ball home..

Then panic sets in...

Should be of no surprise if he has already implied that type of threat in the belief that UK speedway cannot do without him.
However, in todays climate and profile of speedway promoters and officials, it most certainly can.
So if Chapman does want to take his bat and ball home so be it. 
Put simply, one person is nowhere near being bigger than the sport and as such Chapman cannot be allowed to hold any part of it to ransom. 

Edited by 1 valve
  • Like 9