British Speedway Forum

King’s Lynn 2024 serious team predictions

13 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

There is nothing on the Met Office which is far more reliable. Not that forecasts this far out are particularly accurate anyway.

People seem to be forgetting that Lynn can't just call fixtures off without the agreement other parties despite it being said about a million times this last week. They will ride with the best guests available, you just have to get on with it and see what happens. Or perhaps a new signing or two, who knows.

You won’t be signing a replacement for Musielak until after the Ipswich v Kings Lynn fixture on August the 1st where Ipswich reach their 75% cut off. There are games at play here and it doesn’t need spelling out. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Aries said:

You won’t be signing a replacement for Musielak until after the Ipswich v Kings Lynn fixture on August the 1st where Ipswich reach their 75% cut off. There are games at play here and it doesn’t need spelling out. 

Musielak told Lynn he was sitting out the rest of the season in GB due to his injuries. So while Lynn are looking for a replacement, why would it matter when he's replaced in the 1-7, he said he wasn't coming back.

Why would Lynn be expected to release him early enough to find another club (Ipswich) when he said he doesn't want to race over here?

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

Musielak told Lynn he was sitting out the rest of the season in GB due to his injuries. So while Lynn are looking for a replacement, why would it matter when he's replaced in the 1-7, he said he wasn't coming back.

Why would Lynn be expected to release him early enough to find another club (Ipswich) when he said he doesn't want to race over here?

5 minutes ago, Aries said:

He does want to ride here, just not at Lynn. He has his reasons. 

From KL website

11/06/24 "We must stress that Tobiasz wants to return to the UK"

02/07/24 "we later received a phone call to say that Tobiasz would not be returning to UK racing this year"

Something must have been lost in translation!

• Like 1

Just now, iainb said:

From KL website

11/06/24 "We must stress that Tobiasz wants to return to the UK"

02/07/24 "we later received a phone call to say that Tobiasz would not be returning to UK racing this year"

Something must have been lost in translation!

I wouldn’t believe a single thing that comes from King’s Lynn, not a single word. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Aries said:

Your telling me,I said about 3 or 4 weeks there could be some gazumping going on, that's why Musielak said he wasn't coming back to the UK this season.

• Like 1

I wonder what guests we’ll have Thursday… Tofty, Kerr, Z.Cook, Pawlicki? Probably 3 of those 4, or 2 of them plus R/R

I’d sign Kerr back at reserve in a heartbeat, Wojdylo is more than good enough to ride at number 2! Especially at home 

Just now, SpeedwayFan91 said:

I wonder what guests we’ll have Thursday… Tofty, Kerr, Z.Cook, Pawlicki? Probably 3 of those 4, or 2 of them plus R/R

I’d sign Kerr back at reserve in a heartbeat, Wojdylo is more than good enough to ride at number 2! Especially at home 

Wojdylo is only good enough at 2 at home.Away you can forget it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Aries said:

I wouldn’t believe a single thing that comes from King’s Lynn, not a single word. 

Well you certainly can't believe anything Toby says !! Wasn't there a bit in the Star saying he wants to come back as well. ? He's been very quiet of late. He could of told the truth in the first place.. 

Edited by Bald Bloke
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Aries said:

If i was Buster, i would hold off until Aug 1st, if i had found a rider. Toby took the pi$$ imo.

Edited by Bald Bloke
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

Well you certainly can't believe anything Toby says !! Wasn't there a bit in the Star saying he wants to come back as well. ? He's been very quiet of late. He could of told the truth in the first place.. 

Funny isn't it, the promise of more money has actually made him earn less.

Oh well :lol:

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

Funny isn't it, the promise of more money has actually made him earn less.

Oh well :lol:

To be honest, im not sure money was the motive. He wasn't happy at Lynn as far back as April. I just think he used the injury as a way to get out. Your right though. It will still cost him money :t:

38 minutes ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

I’m sure he will do exactly that. And that is the problem why you struggle to attract riders and struggle to retain them. 

Chapman did similar too holder & batchelor few years back so they couldn't be signed by other clubs :rolleyes:

2 minutes ago, AceBelle said:

Chapman did similar too holder & batchelor few years back so they couldn't be signed by other clubs :rolleyes:

Trouble is when you burn your bridges when you need a guest your options are more limited. Looks like mpt can be added to the list too. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

I’m sure he will do exactly that. And that is the problem why you struggle to attract riders and struggle to retain them. 

Should you do someone a favour if they have screwed you over.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, tellboy said:

Should you do someone a favour if they have screwed you over.

Trouble is you need them more than they need you. 
we have lost so many teams over the last ten years so the rider pool is ever decreasing. 
two wrongs don’t make a right   

2 hours ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

Trouble is you need them more than they need you. 
we have lost so many teams over the last ten years so the rider pool is ever decreasing. 
two wrongs don’t make a right   

And this is one of the reasons, the riders think they run the sport and take the piss at times

• Like 3