British Speedway Forum

King’s Lynn 2024 serious team predictions

9 minutes ago, RoundTheBoards said:

Swaffham is only 13 miles from King's Lynn.

But then again, Wolverhampton was only 8 miles from Cradley Heath...

You could count me out of going to Swaffham.Lynn is my team,if it closes I won't go.

11 minutes ago, RoundTheBoards said:

Wolverhampton fans didn't support Cradley.   They were rivals 8 miles apart.

Why wouldn't King's Lynn want a local rival?

Swaffham would be instead of King's Lynn, not aswell as. 

Anyway, imo it wouldn't work, to far away from King's Lynn & still to far from Norwich. The other surrounding areas wouldn't be enough to make up for those lost.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

Swaffham would be instead of King's Lynn, not as well as. 

Says who?

If I wanted to buy Swaffham tomorrow and open it for speedway, why shouldn't I be allowed to?   Was Cradley "instead of" Wolves.  Is Notts. Forest "instead of" Notts. County?

• Like 1

The 30 mile rule...

How short sighted is that? 

Many of the fans who follow the sport will attend to watch racing rather than be "precious" about the result, so running a track reasonably near on a different night could benefit both...

Especially if they worked together on giving discounts for SS holders st the others' track...

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, mikebv said:

The 30 mile rule...

Many of the fans who follow the sport will attend to watch racing rather than be "precious" about the result, so running a track reasonably near on a different night could benefit both...

Especially if they worked together on giving discounts for SS holders st the others' track...

50 years ago it might well have been a problem when we had three times as many tracks operating but at the current time it makes no real sense at all.

Until it’s tested we don’t really know.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, mikebv said:

The 30 mile rule...

Not short sighted at all. There only so many fans and their money to go around and a track opening in close proximity could easily cannibalise what little crowds still exist. 

Of course closer tracks might successfully co-exist in denser urban areas, but can only think of Wolves/Cradley/Birmingham, and the various London tracks where they were all viable over an extended period (and of course Cradley, Birmingham and all the 'London' tracks have variously fallen by the wayside over the years). King's Lynn and Swaffham are located in a fairly sparsely populated area of just over 150k people which hardly seems viable for one let alone a couple of teams. 

Edited by Humphrey Appleby

32 minutes ago, RoundTheBoards said:

Says who?

If I wanted to buy Swaffham tomorrow and open it for speedway, why shouldn't I be allowed to?   Was Cradley "instead of" Wolves.  Is Notts. Forest "instead of" Notts. County?

I read it more like Lynn will close and the licence would be transferred to Swaffham. 

Edited by DJC

6 minutes ago, DJC said:

I read it more like Lynn will close and the licence would be transferred to Swaffham. 

Or if Lynn closed, Peterborough might be interested in Swaffham, but its about 55 miles from the Showground.

If someone was allowed to run speedway there (PB for example?), it would  be enough to close Lynn down if they where running imho.

Edited by Bald Bloke

5 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

Or if Lynn closed, Peterborough might be interested in Swaffham, but its about 55 miles from the Showground.

If someone was allowed to run speedway there (PB for example?), it would  be enough to close Lynn down if they where running imho.

Peterborough need to be in Peterborough. History has proved that going out of the area and hoping the crowd follows doesn’t work. 
Glasgow at Workington 

cradley at stoke 

Scottish monarchs at Glasgow 

and Birmingham thinking the wolves fans would go in large numbers to Perry Barr 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

If someone was allowed to run speedway there (PB for example?), it would  be enough to close Lynn down if they were running imho.

I can assure you Swaffham is as much an interest of Peterborough fans as Kings Lynn is, which isn’t a lot.

The only time I have visited Kings Lynn speedway is when the Panthers were the visitors, that goes for Leicester as well, both dire tracks for speedway racing.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

Peterborough need to be in Peterborough. History has proved that going out of the area and hoping the crowd follows doesn’t work. 
Glasgow at Workington 

cradley at stoke 

Scottish monarchs at Glasgow 

and Birmingham thinking the wolves fans would go in large numbers to Perry Barr 

Exactly

Although Lynn have received a boost today as MPT has signed for Birmingham, that great signing for the Brummies should ensure Lynn don’t finish bottom.

Edited by bigcatdiary

2 minutes ago, bigcatdiary said:

I can assure you Swaffham is as much an interest of Peterborough fans as Kings Lynn is, which isn’t a lot.

The only time I have visited Kings Lynn speedway is when the Panthers were the visitors, that goes for Leicester as well, both dire tracks for speedway racing.

Image result for salty funny gifs

7 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

Maybe Alex thought he would just post that to see what the reaction would be. I thought he might of  been trying to help PB, when i read it..

It certainly looks like you could put a Belle Vue type track in there which would be brilliant 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bigcatdiary said:

I've seen several Peterborough fans at every Lynn meeting this year so far, so there must be some interest. Probably more than you are prepared to admit.

Swaffham and Lynn just wouldn't work, it's a sparsely populated area compared to Wolves and Cradley, like comparing apples and oranges. Would have to be one or the other. 

1 hour ago, Bagpuss said:

I've seen several Peterborough fans at every Lynn meeting this year so far, so there must be some interest. Probably more than you are prepared to admit.

Swaffham and Lynn just wouldn't work, it's a sparsely populated area compared to Wolves and Cradley, like comparing apples and oranges. Would have to be one or the other. 

Well, I can defiantly say we have not. Gone through KL to Ipswich but whilst Allitt & Chapman are involved we will not go. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bagpuss said:

What all 5 of them.

• Haha 1