British Speedway Forum

King’s Lynn 2024 serious team predictions

18 hours ago, Hackett said:

Still undergoing further tests. Shame for the guy he has been so unlucky for injuries, Wish him a speedy recovery. 

There`ll be a statement either by Nicolai himself or part of his team tomorrow afternoon with an update on his injuries.

• Like 1

Noted in the Speedway Star this week Phillip Hellstrom-Bangs stating that he is only racing in Sweden and hoping for more team places. 

"I am only racing in Sweden , racing the best riders just once a week. I hope this meeting will help me to get me noticed by other clubs around Europe. That's what I am looking for."

Not claiming that he is the answer to the Stars problems but they need riders and he likes big tracks. Lebedevs is another who would not be as expensive as other SGP riders and is not afraid to mix it with the SGP stars. Another rider that seems better on the bigger tracks. 

Although looking at the table unlikely Stars make the Play-Offs so perhaps Promotion will go for one guest and r/r. 

If we are going to replace Nicolai (will find out more today the extent of his injury) we need to get it right, as after last nights result the playoffs are definitely not out of sight. 

Interesting to hear Scotty mention the 2-point deduction and hoping that we get it overturned. Does he know something we don’t? 

3 hours ago, StarBoy said:

If we are going to replace Nicolai (will find out more today the extent of his injury) we need to get it right, as after last nights result the playoffs are definitely not out of sight. 

Interesting to hear Scotty mention the 2-point deduction and hoping that we get it overturned. Does he know something we don’t? 

The top 3 are largely sorted i feel so its actually possible to get the final spot!

4 hours ago, GeneralMelchett said:

The top 3 are largely sorted i feel so its actually possible to get the final spot!

The only way King's Lynn get 4th is with a minimum of 6 permanent members & their 2 points handed back.

They will soon return to the foot of the table relying on 2 or more guests week in week out.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

The only way King's Lynn get 4th is with a minimum of 6 permanent members & their 2 points handed back.

They will soon return to the foot of the table relying on 2 or more guests week in week out.

The next league meeting is at home to Leicester on the 1st. With only Birmingham not riding. In an ideal world, we would have Fred and Tom  guesting. With the Stars only needing a 6 point win for another 3 points. I expect Tom in for one of them, and maybe RR?

We've gotta give it our very best shot, for the long suffering fans, and try to end the season on a high.

Edited by Bald Bloke
spelling
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

Exactly - last nights scores - 2 guests = 24 pts.  Stars 5 riders = 23  and that’s against a weak Birminghamteam.  

Edited by maneacat

55 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

The next league meeting is at home to Leicester on the 1st. With only Birmingham not riding. In an ideal world, we would have Fred and Tom  guesting. With the Stars only needing a 6 point win for another 3 points. I expect Tom in for one of them, and maybe RR?

We've gotta give it our very best shot, for the long suffering fans, and try to end the season on a high.

Heard last night Worrall is guesting.

With only Birmingham not riding next Monday,that could stuff Lynn.Worrall and Brennan the only ones that can guest,as i don't think Lindgren could guest on a re-assessed average.So if that is the case i would have Brennan for Klindt and RR for Musielak.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

I hope so, Worrall and R/R won't work. 

Yep Worrall and RR won't cut it.

2 hours ago, tellboy said:

With only Birmingham not riding next Monday,that could stuff Lynn.Worrall and Brennan the only ones that can guest,as i don't think Lindgren could guest on a re-assessed average.So if that is the case i would have Brennan for Klindt and RR for Musielak.

Agree, it has to be Tom for Klindt, and RR for Toby,  to stand any chance of winning, let alone by 6.

Edited by Bald Bloke
spelling

1 hour ago, Bald Bloke said:

Yep Worrall and RR won't cut it.

Agree, it has to be Tom for Klindt, and RR for Toby,  to stand any chance of winning, let alone by 6.

I'm always nervous of R/R, I'd go with Brennan & Worrall if possible. 

58 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

I don't like RR,but in this situation with only a couple of riders available to us i would.Rather have Brennan,Basso,Kvech and Iversen taking an extra ride rather than having Worrall.Even Wojdylo could take an RR if he is on it.You never know we may have R.Lambert signed up before next week anyway:lol:

• Haha 2

57 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

I think  RR forToby, especially at home means everyone can take a ride. Id rather go with that than rely on 2 of your oppositions riders to perform. I know it's a risk. But i've had a few watching England play crap again. ;)

• Haha 2

Looks like Nicolai's season is over. He has just posted on fb that he has a stable neck fracture that will need 3 months in a neck brace.

Unbelievable bad luck for a crash that should never have happened. You couldn't even call it a racing incident.

Hope the stars have a plan b....just when the season was looking more positive....

• Sad 1

50 minutes ago, kelvinht said:

Looks like Nicolai's season is over. He has just posted on fb that he has a stable neck fracture that will need 3 months in a neck brace.

Unbelievable bad luck for a crash that should never have happened. You couldn't even call it a racing incident.

Hope the stars have a plan b....just when the season was looking more positive....

Absolutely gutting for him, that’s two season ending injuries in 2 seasons. And it wasn’t even his fault, if he didn’t have bad luck he’d have no luck at all ! Hopefully he come through this and still has the drive to carry on next year. He’s a class rider on his day and would be a shame to lose him from the sport, 

buster needs to get shopping now, Lynn have started to pull things together and the playoffs are still in sight