British Speedway Forum

King’s Lynn 2024 serious team predictions

1 hour ago, Bald Bloke said:

I think a 100% fit MPT should put something on his 5.13(if he is fit). Having said that we have over a point to play with. Agree with Thomson, but considering the trouble we was in at the back end of last season, i'll take that team, with room for a change maybe, at some time.  

Yes mate, I do agree he should increase his average. He’s had some horrendous luck and I was probably harsh on him earlier. 

I trust Rob’s judgement so if that’s what he thinks is the best option, it’s good enough for me.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Arch Stanton said:

Look through all the prediction threads before the start of every season and you’ll note that the vast majority of us haven’t got a clue :D some of my predictions in particular are horrendous! 

Absolutely, in the last half a dozen seasons Swindon, Lynn and Dad's Army P'boro have all finished top of the pile having been predicted to finish bottom. In such a small league if things go your way you can have a very good season. 

• Like 1

I think the team building start for the Stars is decent.  NKI has all the experience you want & Musielak is a #1.   Basso should sky rocket and MPT is solid but coming off two poor seasons.

Think KL needs a good second heat leader to keep pressure off the Danes   Not sure Tarasenko fits that if he is pencilled in as next signing.  Two 6.5ish riders completing the line up hangs Musielak out to dry in 13 & 15.

Unlikely as it maybe what's Robert Lamberts average. 

Edited by Col

5 minutes ago, Col said:

I think the team building start for the Stars is decent.  NKI has all the experience you want & Musielak is a #1.   Basso should sky rocket and MPT is solid but coming off two poor seasons.

Think KL needs a good second heat leader to keep pressure off the Danes   Not sure Tarasenko fits that if he is pencilled in as next signing.  Two 6.5ish riders completing the line up hangs Musielak out to dry in 13 & 15.

Lambert is still on his 7.81.Plus he would get 2.5% reduction on that I assume.

3 hours ago, Col said:

Tarasenko averaged over 8 at  home for PB last season. Once dialled in I think he will be good backup at the AFA for Tobi. Away from home won’t  be as easy, but you must build a team that is strong at home ,if you don’t want that wooden spoon again, and want to keep the fans turning up week after week. We will be around 1.3 under the limit, which might allow Robert to slot in later in the season.. I’ll admit the last bit is just wishful thinking on my part. If we can get top 4 though, you never know…

Edited by Bald Bloke

9 minutes ago, Phil The Ace said:

Tarasenko and wojdylo signed 

you will win plenty of home matches. For sure 

Fingers are well and truly crossed. 

Everyone expect TM and NKI should probably up their starting average, or maybe even they can slightly.

TM - 8.69 to 8.9 

MPT - 5.13 to 6.5

BB - 6.25 to 7

NKI - 6.64 to 6.8

VT - 6.94 to 7.5

PW - 5 to 6 

AR - 4.62 to 5 

Total 43.31 (38.69) to 47.7 (42.7)

Should see us over the line at home 90% of the time

I've said every year "why do clubs always try to hit the team building limit?" 

I think King's Lynn might just have it bob-on this year (even though I wouldn't have signed 3 of them :rolleyes:). Genuinely solid throughout & every single rider except Musielak should improve their starting average. 

That's what team building should be, who improves, not who fit in to 40 points. 

If rider's don't improve it gives the club a large scope to play with. 

King's Lynn Speedway, for the first time in a decade from me, WELL DONE :t:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

I think King's Lynn might just have it bob-on this year (even though I wouldn't have signed 3 of them :rolleyes:). Genuinely solid throughout & every single rider except Musielak should improve their starting average. 

Exactly

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

Disagree. If the points are there, use them. You can still have average improvers in your team, but the fact is if you’d been a little more ambitious and pushed the boat that little further, you could have had Harris or Richard Lawson instead of MPT. You can’t tell me neither of those two wouldn’t have made this team even stronger by using the available points. Yes I know they’ve agreed deals elsewhere and they may not have even been an option, but on the other hand they may have been if you’d been quicker off the mark. 

The team looks ok and has potential, but it could and probably should, have been better. If I were a Lynn fan this would have left me frustrated. Slight missed opportunity for me. 

Edited by Arch Stanton

30 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Disagree. If the points are there, use them. You can still have average improvers in your team, but the fact is if you’d been a little more ambitious and pushed the boat that little further, you could have had Harris or Richard Lawson instead of MPT. You can’t tell me neither of those two wouldn’t have made this team even stronger by using the available points. Yes I know they’ve agreed deals elsewhere and they may not have even been an option, but on the other hand they may have been if you’d been quicker off the mark. 

The team looks ok and has potential, but it could and probably should, have been better. If I were a Lynn fan this would have left me frustrated. Slight missed opportunity for me. 

2 British riders agreed, then did U turns. I'll say no more;)

• Like 2