British Speedway Forum

Belle Vue vs Ipswich play off semi 1st leg

20 minutes ago, blue witch said:

Let's hope Jack Smith can get some points for us tonight...weather permitting

Also Belle Vue tweeted CW R/R 5.81 meaning only brennan and res can take rides? Must be a typo as he was 6.55 last averages

image.png.78d99a65a41acb23ff44c8bf2a4764e8.png

CW is 6.55.  Lidsey can take an r/r.

Jack been given enough opportunities he's simple not good enough at Prem level.  

Edited by SUPERACE

19 minutes ago, SUPERACE said:

CW is 6.55.  Lidsey can take an r/r.

Jack been given enough opportunities he's simple not good enough at Prem level.  

smith rode against wolves in prem at NSS replaced mulford/injured  scored 2+1  so he has been given a chance by Aces Also riding for Colts all season paying 95% of his earnings i would say that deserves some loyalty to B/vue instead of riding against them !! anyway shot is own bolt IMO he won't be involved with Aces or COLTS again !!

4 hours ago, hammer1969 said:

Anyone remember the 2022 British Final when it pi$$ed it down?  Chris Harris was on 3, 3, 2 and wasn't happy when the meeting was abandoned, Danny King was on 3, 3, 1 (before anyone says anything I know Bewley was on 8 as well).  Lets hope Chris can repeat that performance tonight if meeting goes ahead.  I'm staying optimistic as I hope all other Witches fans will be.

Harris is  no where near Doyles class  if he scores 5 or 6 you will be very lucky 

11 minutes ago, kevin bass said:

Least it gives Doyle the chance of riding in both legs if he's fit enough to ride in the now first leg Thursday.

Pull a fast one and sabotage the track if he's not fit.

It's not like the higher ups would do anything about it because they can't pish promoters off these days because they rely too heavily on them to keep the sport running therefore they've got to keep them sweet.

Fingers crossed Doyley is fit for Thursday.

Postponement is the right call, weather from 6pm looks horrendous.  We don't need poor tracks in the play offs it won't do the sport any good.  This also favours both teams, chances we see Norrick and JD back next week and the last thing the Aces wanted was a heat 10 call off.  

Edited by SUPERACE
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, JoeW436 said:

Just baffling how in a 7 team league we’re gonna be scrabbling around trying to arrange play off fixtures in what will be very nearly winter.

Meetings are called off too easily in the earlier parts of the season with seemingly 'plenty of time' to fit them in. I like a meeting on an iffy track, always proves interesting, definitely upping the skill level required.

• Like 4