British Speedway Forum

Belle Vue vs Ipswich play off semi 1st leg

1 minute ago, foreverblue said:

If a team has to use the same riders in a two legged play off then if Ben Cook had ridden at BV then would he have to ride tonight even though Blodorn is now fit.

In the same way shouldn't Cook have ridden in the second leg of last years semi final.

Rules seem to be made up as they go along, if it goes ahead later i can see it being damage limitation for the away leg, Harris ain't gonna score no where near what Doyle would and Jack Smith never has done bugger all at this level.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, foreverblue said:

If a team has to use the same riders in a two legged play off then if Ben Cook had ridden at BV then would he have to ride tonight even though Blodorn is now fit.

In the same way shouldn't Cook have ridden in the second leg of last years semi final.

That's not a rule is it?

38 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

Belle Vue have mastered Foxhall the last couple of seasons,, and that's been with Doyle and our Dynamic duo,, without Doyle looks a tough ask for us to even be in it after tonight,,, but speedway can be a funny old game,,, maybe it will be alright on the night. 

Yes it's a different day, form can go out of the window in playoffs.  

3 hours ago, hagonshocker said:

With that line up this going the same way as last year ...Jack Smith?....God help em 

2 hours ago, crescent girl said:

.....and who, from the eligible Rising Star lists, do you believe should be in the line-up instead?

Indeed, even if Jack Smith scores 0, would anyone else do any better? Maybe Henry Atkins would be a better choice, but he's still weaker than opposition RS Connor Bailey

On 9/20/2023 at 10:10 AM, SPEEDY69 said:

And always equally as likely to score poorly, as he has for Peterborough in their last couple of matches.  Let's hope it's the former.

1-0 to me then 

good first leg will it be enough who knows! 

• Like 1

On 9/18/2023 at 8:59 AM, 89buttons said:

Uppa witches! Come on boys we’re not beat til we’re beat! Playoffs bomber here we go!! 47-43 on a wet track tonight king and bomber to show the youngsters how to get stuck into tough conditions! And we’ll beat em 49-41 for a 4 point agg score Thursday! 

witches wolves final likely to be the best tie for the neutrals

no I’ve not been drinking, just delirious from a first 5am alarm after a week off work this morning haha

Well after tonight’s result my Monday prediction before it got rained off doesn’t seem nearly as far fetched now!!

54 minutes ago, LagutaRacingFan said:

If I was Ipswich, I wouldn't risk Doyle for Monday. The only way Ipswich lose on Monday is if Doyle rushes back and has to pull out.

I would book Laguta for Monday. 

Emil & Artem will guarantee 25-30 points and you're through.

The first part you are correct, but another spam about Laguta.   It's a big risk on Doyle.