British Speedway Forum

BULLETS FAREWELL (Berwick v Belle Vue, Sat 16th, 7pm)

crescent girl

A final fond farewell on Saturday night to Berwick's Bullets after three entertaining Shielfield seasons.

This will be the final match of the year for both teams, and with neither in a position to improve their league standings, the meeting will be raced for nothing but bragging rights.      Belle Vue Colts are a fitting club to help in this farewell, as the Colts were the very first league visitors to Shielfield Park on official league business away back in 1968.

Berwick skipper Greg Blair, sidelined from recent Bullets' matches, had hoped to make an emotional return to the track founded by his great-grandparents for the meeting, but has failed his fitness test.     However Greg promises to be in the pits with his squad, helping to ramp up their enthusiasm.

Without Steve Boxall and Connor Coles (and Jacob Hook, everyone's first choice as a guest, running too 'way high an average to be parachuted into the squad) the Bullets invite the tenacious and popular Luke Killeen to join their party as replacement for Connor and have pulled a handy stroke with the recruitment of Tom Spencer to fill in for Greg (Tom  scored maximum points from the four races he finished while racing for Leicester Cubs at Shielfield last month) while the Colts -- as ever, ably managed by Little & Large -- will deploy rider-replacement for Sam Hagon.

Prospective spectators are reminded that discounted early-bird tickets are on sale until Friday night, and with the prospect of a long, cold speedwayless winter looming, this will be everyone's last chance to watch some Saturday Shielfield skidding, catch up with speedway friends and -- sadly -- say au revoir to the GHT Bullets.

If you bring your kids, they get in for free -- and if you bring your car, it can be parked for free.      Just saying............

Tickets are available from www.berwickspeedway.com/tickets and the meeting will be livestreamed by BanditsTV.  (tv.berwickspeedway.com)

GHT Bullets:  r/r for Steve Boxall, Luke Killeen, Jamie Halder, Tom Spencer, Danny Phillips, Kieran Douglas, Mason Watson

Colts:   James Pearson, Matt Marson, r/r for Sam Hagon, Freddy Hodder, Jack Smith, Jack Shimelt, plus a reserve guest to be announced.

26 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

Bullets look week, but Colts reserves could end up scoring 1 point between them, so could end up a really close match.

Good choice to use Killeen at 2, means he takes his r/r outing in heat 13.

Is it a daily occurrence ? LOL

On 9/18/2023 at 12:40 PM, screm said:

I believe this meeting has been arranged for this Saturday.

See Bullets struggling to track guests etc Saturday on the club website news?

Boxall, Coles, Blair and Halder (holiday) out

Crang ex Bullets but poor season at Workington in for Blair, RR Coles, young Senna Summers (Aaron lad) makes debut for Halder. He was mini bike champion few years ago   Not sure but imagine 17 or 18 year old? Need Guest at 1 but Kileen, Harrison, Spencer, Complin etc all racing

Edited by Spittaler
spell error

31 minutes ago, Spittaler said:

See Bullets struggling to track guests etc Saturday on the club website news?

Boxall, Coles, Blair and Halder (holiday) out

Crang ex Bullets but poor season at Workington in for Blair, RR Coles, young Senna Summers (Aaron lad) makes debut for Halder. He was mini bike champion few years ago   Not sure but imagine 17 or 18 year old? Need Guest at 1 but Kileen, Harrison, Spencer, Complin etc all racing

18ish!!

https://www.northumberlandgazette.co.uk/news/senna-crowned-world-champion-410783

• Like 1

9 hours ago, crescent girl said:

Delighted to see that Archie Freeman, who broke his leg in Bullets very first match (at Belle Vue) at Easter this year is at last fit, and returns to the side tonight.

Not that it really matters as its an end of season dead rubber match but how can Archie Freeman ride in this meeting? He isn't in the declared 1-7 and isn't in another 1-7 to be an eligible to guest and isn't an unattached 3 pointer so am i missing something? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Not that it really matters as its an end of season dead rubber match but how can Archie Freeman ride in this meeting? He isn't in the declared 1-7 and isn't in another 1-7 to be an eligible to guest and isn't an unattached 3 pointer so am i missing something? 

He was in the original declared 1-7 at the start of the season and, as far as I understand it, can come back in when fit (i.e tonight).

11 minutes ago, StevePark said:

He was in the original declared 1-7 at the start of the season and, as far as I understand it, can come back in when fit (i.e tonight).

Thanks. Certainly interesting to know, thought perhaps that wouldn't count as the signing date had passed and the greensheets haven't been updated but always nice to learn something new every day. 

10 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Thanks. Certainly interesting to know, thought perhaps that wouldn't count as the signing date had passed and the greensheets haven't been updated but always nice to learn something new every day. 

I am sure @crescent girl or @NeilWatson can confirm (or otherwise!!) !!

On 9/20/2023 at 11:36 AM, StevePark said:

On 9/22/2023 at 12:14 AM, mac101 said:

watched Senna at workington practice at the weekend  he will score pretty well i think smooth and fast  just  like his dad 

I don't think his connection is quite that close to Aaron. Plus, if he's 18 then he'd have been born when Aaron was 17 and was still 2 years off racing in the UK.

I do believe he has a (half-)sibling through Aaron however.

• Like 1