British Speedway Forum

Peterborough v Wolverhampton 11/09/23

33 minutes ago, maneacat said:

But is it Laguta himself making this choice?   If I were the owner of KL Stars and he messed me about would I then sign him and give him a Teamplace in the team of the other Club I owned?   Only someone stupid or with some financial gain would do that.   As Mimmo says Laguta knew the score last Thursday with his long salute to the Grandstand - makes sense now - I did wonder at the time!    If he knew then in my opinion others also knew ie: Owner, Team Manager maybe Team Captain etc. etc.  Doubtless the truth of the matter will ever come out - well not officially anyway!!!!

Given the injuries to the Sparta Wroclaw riders of late its no surprise that Laguta has been "persuaded" he may have an injury and to rest tonight.

• Like 1

Still a Panthers win. I'll go 52-38.

Transparency is needed on the Laguta situation. It's either Laguta himself , his Polish club, or there's  something written in his contract with Buster allowing this to happen.  

Edited by Bald Bloke
  • Like 3

Personally I think Wroclaw have put a stop to Laguta riding after the incidents they had yesterday evening. I think if Peterborough tell the truth that Laguta is withholding his services he gets a ban, so the best option is to say he’s injured, get a dodgy doctors note which allows Peterborough the facility and no ban for Laguta. Can’t say I blame Wroclaw either seen as this meeting is not really a contest for anything other than pride.

Is a shame as a panthers fan however would love to see Laguta around the showground again. I hope the kings lynn meeting goes ahead and he is there. Wont be holding my breath.

1 hour ago, maneacat said:

But is it Laguta himself making this choice?   If I were the owner of KL Stars and he messed me about would I then sign him and give him a Teamplace in the team of the other Club I owned?   Only someone stupid or with some financial gain would do that.   As Mimmo says Laguta knew the score last Thursday with his long salute to the Grandstand - makes sense now - I did wonder at the time!    If he knew then in my opinion others also knew ie: Owner, Team Manager maybe Team Captain etc. etc.  Doubtless the truth of the matter will ever come out - well not officially anyway!!!!

Either way, it's not Busters fault at Lynn or Peterborough. The fact of the matter is, the man has contractual obligations to fulfil and that includes participating in every meeting that he is scheduled too. The fact that he/Wroclaw is skirting around the rules by using a contrived "injury" should not be permissible in any form. He is essentially "withholding services" without the ban. 

Of course, Buster probably shouldn't have been so naive to re-sign him with Peterborough as he does have previous, but whether Wroclaw have injuries or not, he still has a contractual obligation to Peterborough the same he does Wroclaw. 

Imagine if, for example the shoe was on the other foot, the Polish lawyers would be coming with their pitchforks full force at UK speedway. So I ask the question why is the SCB or whoever deals with these situations not doing anything about it? 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

Picks and chooses his meetings. He is a disgrace to this league. 

Not really, I think its been a mixture of Buster telling him to sit meetings out as he couldn't afford to pay him and Wroclaw pulling rank and telling him to sit meetings out so he is fit for their matches. All down to money unfortunately, I genuinely believe that if it was up to the rider he wouldn't have missed any. 

I don't disagree that it's a disgrace though. 

• Like 4

Never trust Buster though because the guy is a 100% pish take. 

Stumbled across a video of him talking on the mic at Peterborough on facebook the other day after the 2022 season about us racing on in 2023 whilst securing new land to build a new track for the foreseeable future.

Surprise surprise it was all codswallop again.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, TTT said:

Never trust Buster though because the guy is a 100% pish take. 

Stumbled across a video of him talking on the mic at Peterborough on facebook the other day after the 2022 season about us racing on in 2023 whilst securing new land to build a new track for the foreseeable future.

Surprise surprise it was all codswallop again.

Wasn't that after MT said he was going to buy it ?,  MT was spouting all sorts of promises. Talking of acquiring the land and much more. Then they both fell out, and it went t^ts up. Apparently MT and CJ are still looking or have "The land waiting", depending on which part of the same statement that CJ made you believe. Who knows the 100% truth to it all..:blink: We may never know.

Edited by Bald Bloke

13 minutes ago, TheSmiler said:

Absolutely zero class from Laguta compared to Emil Sayfutdinov who has oozed class since day one.

TBF we don't know if it is Laguta himself doing this hide n seek thing, his club or there's something in his contract that allows him or Buster to do it . But i agree about Emil, classy guy on and off the bike. Ippo are very lucky to have him.:t:

Edited by Bald Bloke

5 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

Still a Panthers win. I'll go 52-38.

Transparency is needed on the Laguta situation. It's either Laguta himself , his Polish club, or there's  something written in his contract with Buster allowing this to happen.  

Polish club.

Polish club.

Polish club.