British Speedway Forum

Peterborough v Wolverhampton 11/09/23

PETERBOROUGH: Richard Lawson (Guest), Niels-Kristian Iversen, Benjamin Basso, Chris Harris, Vadim Tarasenko, Ben Cook, Jordan Jenkins.
PARRYS INTERNATIONAL WOLVES: Sam Masters, Steve Worrall, Luke Becker, Rory Schlein, Ryan Douglas, Zach Cook, Leon Flint.

Thought I would take the opportunity to start quite possibly my last ever thread on the forum .

Penultimate meeting for the Panthers 2023 season and quite possibly for ( no wont say it but you know what I mean ) 

Theres at present just 30 heats , 120 laps and 30 minutes of race actiion left to experience at the showground as it stands

And just as unfortunately for Wolves fans there last ever competitive league match before they participate in the play offs and also face the prospect of closure.

Lets hope its a safe meeting for all the riders and its not the end of a Panthers vs Wolves clash and they both get to lock spindles again in the future .

Edited by scoobydoo
Mistake in date
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, BassoRacingFan said:

I look through that Wolves team and I don't see a rider anywhere near the level of Artem Laguta.

Another 15 point max is coming up.

Hardly surprising as he’s a world champion, a bit of a ridiculous statement.

Dougy usually goes well round there so we’ll see.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, JoeW436 said:

I think he new this last Thursday, hence his over the top waving to the people in the grandstand at the completion of his last race. He was saying goodbye.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, JoeW436 said:

I can see where Wrocław are coming from with Lublin being back to full strength and then losing Janowski yesterday to a broken ankle but I’d just rather everyone involved was straight up and say rather than feeding us BS.

Like Redcar with Wright

36 minutes ago, StarBoy said:

Laguta back to his old tricks again, just in different colours now. Only managed to do 3 meetings before missing one, worse than at Lynn. 

"Ankle injury". Seemed fine on Thursday and didn't look like it was falling off yesterday. 

But is it Laguta himself making this choice?   If I were the owner of KL Stars and he messed me about would I then sign him and give him a Teamplace in the team of the other Club I owned?   Only someone stupid or with some financial gain would do that.   As Mimmo says Laguta knew the score last Thursday with his long salute to the Grandstand - makes sense now - I did wonder at the time!    If he knew then in my opinion others also knew ie: Owner, Team Manager maybe Team Captain etc. etc.  Doubtless the truth of the matter will ever come out - well not officially anyway!!!!

• Like 1