British Speedway Forum

Poole v Scunthorpe 13th September 2023 Champ playoffs 1st leg

3 minutes ago, Tinker said:

Hope you've arrived safely lbw. How was your flat white?

Thank you for your kind concern :t: @Tinker

It was a tad rushed flat white today as the coach didn't arrive as early as normal into London.

Still arrived safely & had a very nice jacket spud in Poole. Cheese + beans + onion+ lettuce ........cud be a lively evening cheering on the Pirates! :rofl:

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Not sure about easily. They scored 41 points last time and that was before they signed Kemp. Although we didn't have Lawson riding and Sedge only got 7. Can see a similar scoreline. 12 would be ideal though. 

1 hour ago, Jaizer said:

Interested to see how ablett goes against Poole. Was some here mentioned thought had been "tapped up", to use a footballing term, prior the the scunny home league match. Given he scored inside of a bagel in that match but was paid for double figures the next week against Glasgow added bit of fuel to those flames

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Not seeing anything like an easy win tonight at all. Would have much preferred Redcar in our group than Scunthorpe. With Douglas possibly the best rider around WR, Lambert on form, Palm Toft is no slouch and reserves who know Poole like the back of their hands and keen to put one over, this could be a right old banana skin. We have to be on it from the start or it could be a painful reminder that nothing is guarenteed.

I can't see Dougy getting a max tonight & r/r for Toft only scored 4. Clegg was riding(turned up) & Ablitt scored 0. The others scored well but had the extra rides. I hope for about 38-40 which would keep the home meeting interesting. Need to keep them last places to a minimum like they did at our place(only 4).

2 hours ago, IronScorpion said:

I can't see Dougy getting a max tonight & r/r for Toft only scored 4. Clegg was riding(turned up) & Ablitt scored 0. The others scored well but had the extra rides. I hope for about 38-40 which would keep the home meeting interesting. Need to keep them last places to a minimum like they did at our place(only 4).

Listening to the podcast today, I sure I heard Pete Adams say Dougy was suffering from burnout. Is one day rest enough? Might well be, find out soon! 

2 hours ago, iainb said:

We've seen some absolutely fantastic Speedway on BSN over the last few weeks from Glasgow, Redcar, Oxford, Sheffield & Peterborough...

All good things must come to an end though I suppose :D

Leicester aren't riding tonight. In fact, they are not even in their own play offs after capitulating towards the end of the season allowing Ipswich in to 4th. :DB) 

• Like 1

Just now, IronScorpion said:

Leicester aren't riding tonight. In fact, they are not even in their own play offs after capitulating towards the end of the season allowing Ipswich in to 4th. :DB) 

Has this news only just reached North Lincolnshire? I know you're in a bit of a time warp out there :)

5 minutes ago, IronScorpion said:

I thought you couldn't use video replays of any kind as a referee only on the spot decisions as he/she sees it(or doesn't)

No, they can use replays if available... this news should reach you in the coming months

• Haha 3

10 minutes ago, iainb said:

No, they can use replays if available... this news should reach you in the coming months

8 minutes ago, IronScorpion said:

I am sure it in the Rules & Regulations! (SCB)

I stand corrected as it is a new ruling this year as shown in "bold" in 02.2.11  Referee items g) & h)

use of Eurosport or BSN video via a monitor.

• Thanks 1

Said I had a feeling this would be a banana skin and so it has proved. Well done Scorpions so far. Kemp the difference. And Douglas doing his usual job here. Should have chosen Redcar. :)

Edited by Steve Shovlar
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Said I had a feeling this would be a banana skin and so it has proved. Well done Scorpions so far. Kemp the difference. And Douglas doing his usual job here. Should have chosen Redcar. :)

A 2 man team with the big heats to come.:o