British Speedway Forum

Poole v Scunthorpe 13th September 2023 Champ playoffs 1st leg

So Pirates finish top of the league after the exciting encounter tonight at Glasgow, where the Tigers fairly easily saw off Oxford Cheetahs. So Poole get the pick and have announced the first leg of the playoffs is against Scunthorpe And will take place Wednesday 13th September at Wimborne Road. Tickets now on sale. 

Guess we will find out shortly who the first team will be. Forecast shows a lovely dry day with afternoon sunshine. 

With three teams in each group it could really come down to aggregate scores. It’s important to keep it tight on the road.

Edited by Steve Shovlar

4 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

So Pirates finish top of the league after the exciting encounter tonight at Glasgow, where the Tigers fairly easily saw off Oxford Cheetahs. So Poole get the pick and have announced the first leg of the playoffs is against ? And will take place Wednesday 13th September at Wimborne Road. Tickets now on sale. 

Guess we will find out shortly who the first team will be. Forecast shows a lovely dry day with afternoon sunshine. 

With three teams in each group it could really come down to aggregate scores. It’s important to keep it tight on the road.

Find out tomorrow apparently.

• Like 1

So Poole win the league, fair play to them and I would imagine there going to pick Edinburgh plus 1. I also see they have announced a meeting for Wednesday so if there going to announce who they picked Tommorow what if the other teams can’t make Wednesday as there only being informed Tommorow is it a case of Poole jumping the gun or everyone having to jump to Poole’s tune.

4 minutes ago, Mike0310 said:

So Poole win the league, fair play to them and I would imagine there going to pick Edinburgh plus 1. I also see they have announced a meeting for Wednesday so if there going to announce who they picked Tommorow what if the other teams can’t make Wednesday as there only being informed Tommorow is it a case of Poole jumping the gun or everyone having to jump to Poole’s tune.

Clearly Poole and Oxford have already discussed their preferences, whatever the outcome of tonight's fixtures. It may well be that (say) Scunthorpe already knew they would be riding on 13th  - just not wether it would be at Poole or Oxford.

5 minutes ago, Mike0310 said:

I would imagine Poole have already asked Edinburgh if they can make Wednesday .

7 minutes ago, Mike0310 said:

Apparently Oxford have arranged a meeting on the same night, so obviously Poole and Oxford not in the same group 

9 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

The common sense choice for Poole would be Edinburgh and Redcar. Imo.

Oh Redcar. I can't decide between Redcar and Scunny. Redcar have always had a HL missing when at Poole, so hard to judge. 

If you look at the riders individually I guess Scunny slightly stronger at Poole. 

10 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

The common sense choice for Poole would be Edinburgh and Redcar. Imo.

Well I suppose there is no chance of Poole picking Oxford or Glasgow let them two play each other as regards to this Tarasenko chap what a good bit of business that could be straight out of Matt Ford's cunning plans not sure he ever got a premier rider on a 5 average but we'll done Glasgow but can be ride Oxford and Wimborne Road time will tell.

19 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Oh Redcar. I can't decide between Redcar and Scunny. Redcar have always had a HL missing when at Poole, so hard to judge. 

If you look at the riders individually I guess Scunny slightly stronger at Poole. 

Scunthorpe are good on their own patch and ripped Glasgow apart last week. We ride Redcar better.

8 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Scunthorpe are good on their own patch and ripped Glasgow apart last week. We ride Redcar better.

I imagine the Ford's and the senior riders have already decided who we play good to finish top though after building a new side this year is it money that makes us build good teams well I suppose of it was by all accounts Glasgow would be top or just the Ford's knowledge and the chance to ride at Poole.

16 minutes ago, ScunnyDan said:

Word from the riders at scunny tonight is we’re at Poole Wednesday 

Well if it’s Scunthorpe it’s a gamble the way they are riding on their patch. We did win there recently though.

1 hour ago, Mike0310 said:

Poole didn't win the league, they topped the qualifying table. I think that should mean they are league champions, but they are not (yet?)

I don't think the jumped the gun announcing a match on Wednesday, for example Redcar & Scunthorpe may have both agreed to go to Poole or Oxford on Wednesday, depending who picked them.

You'd think Poole would choose Edinburgh, but I really can't decide between Redcar & Scunthorpe, who is the better option to race against?

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

Poole didn't win the league, they topped the qualifying table. I think that should mean they are league champions, but they are not (yet?)

I don't think the jumped the gun announcing a match on Wednesday, for example Redcar & Scunthorpe may have both agreed to go to Poole or Oxford on Wednesday, depending who picked them.

You'd think Poole would choose Edinburgh, but I really can't decide between Redcar & Scunthorpe, who is the better option to race against?

Edinburgh and Scunthorpe would be my choices for Poole.Think they would beat Scunthorpe at home easier than Redcar.Is their bonus points included in play offs ?

52 minutes ago, lbw said:

Poole Pirates qualify top :t: :t: :t:

We're gonna win the League!

Poole vs ?......... doesn't matter coz we will beat anyone! 

C'mon bring it on!

C'MON THE BOYZZZZZ :t:

With BSN supposedly covering all the playoffs I cant see Poole and Oxford both being at home on Wednesday 13th! 

And with the rider comments from Scunny I guess it'll be Poole v Scunthorpe on Wednesday.lets see.....

• Like 1