British Speedway Forum

Richie Worrall statement

12 hours ago, SilentLurker said:

Yeah. He definitely does rely on speedway to make a living even though he has relentlessly badmouthed the sport at every turn you will see how desperate he is to come back when he coughs up the £4500 with his tail between his legs.

He's not been fined for his latest outburst yet has he? That £4500 could yet increase

36 minutes ago, skydog said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Danny_Bird_(speedway_rider)

He rode for Glasgow in 06 and Reading in 07, their 2nd year as the Bulldogs. If he'd tested positive in 06 he wouldnt have been riding in 07.

you are wrong he rod for glasgow and got banned their i was there as i was part of the track staff and used to drive his van so he could get away sharp that is the facts this is the last i will say on it as i no im right 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, davie10 said:

you are wrong he rod for glasgow and got banned their i was there as i was part of the track staff and used to drive his van so he could get away sharp that is the facts this is the last i will say on it as i no im right 

https://www.getreading.co.uk/sport/other-sport/speedway-bird-gets-two-year-suspension-4258216

Berkshire Live 2007, "Reading Racers' Danny Bird". what year did he ride for Glasgow?

From 'Tears & Glory' :

..... on April 20 [2007] Reading thrashed Ipswich 60-32 at Smallmead in a fairly routine match. At the time comment focused on Kolodziej's first maximum and the pre-meeting withdrawal of McGowan after he aggravated a back injury in the pits. However, UK Sports Council Doping Control Officers were taking samples from three randomly selected riders. [On May 9 it was announced that] One of them – Danny Bird – tested positive. Bird was suspended pending testing of the 'B' sample. Once this also proved positive, a hearing was arranged. Bird's samples revealed traces of benzoylecgonine, an indicator of cocaine. He did not attend the tribunal held in July and received a two-year ban and was ordered to pay £1150 costs.

Edited by arnieg
  • Like 4

6 hours ago, JoeW436 said:

For someone that keeps telling us he’s on holiday Karen Worrall does a lot of whinging on social media for somebody who is supposedly done with the sport.

It’s exactly what he’s after just attention… people should just ignore him, the more people comment on his posts the more tripe he’ll write.