British Speedway Forum

Glasgow V Oxford Championship - Friday 8 September 2023 - 7.30pm

6 hours ago, Fortythirtyeight said:

Whilst it is a great signing for the championship there is the down side of what he is actuality being paid , and yes it’s a phenomenal sum for a ‘five pointer’ and the most any championship rider is currently being paid. It may only be for half a dozen matches but you can imagine what riders wage demands will be for next season.

Trying to buy a trophy ? But then, if you’ve got it, flaunt it !

Is he being paid more than the top men in the Championship though.you seem to know his wages.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Is he being paid more than the top men in the Championship though.you seem to know his wages.

He doesn’t really.

Unless he works for the Russian equivalent of HMRC.

Edited by Gazc
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

Any estimated attendance for last night?  I watched on BSN but it was difficult to assess!

This was a topic of discussion in our group last night and we came to the agreement that there between 2,000 and 3,000 fans there.

2 hours ago, cinderfella said:

Or Vadim not doing ht15 cost us the bonus. 

I assume he was a little too tired to do it? 

I’ve thought about this a few times today.

The second the Glasgow line-up for heat fifteen was announced, there were noises of shock throughout the crowd. Tarasenko was by far the best rider on show, so for him not to make an appearance was very strange, especially with the bonus point at stake.

Granted he was overlooked for the league’s Pairs champions, but still, I’m 90% certain that if Tarasenko was selected, Harris would have passed Masters for second, not first.

It would be interesting to hear what Cami Brown’s thoughts on it, but I haven’t saw any interviews on social media and assume this isn’t common practice.

1 minute ago, TheWellBehavedWorrall said:

This was a topic of discussion in our group last night and we came to the agreement that there between 2,000 and 3,000 fans there.

I’ve thought about this a few times today.

The second the Glasgow line-up for heat fifteen was announced, there were noises of shock throughout the crowd. Tarasenko was by far the best rider on show, so for him not to make an appearance was very strange, especially with the bonus point at stake.

Granted he was overlooked for the league’s Pairs champions, but still, I’m 90% certain that if Tarasenko was selected, Harris would have passed Masters for second, not first.

It would be interesting to hear what Cami Brown’s thoughts on it, but I haven’t saw any interviews on social media and assume this isn’t common practice.

He hadn’t even ridden for Tigers before Pairs Championship though,and only had a5 pt average.!!!!!

20 minutes ago, TheWellBehavedWorrall said:

Sorry, what do you mean? I’m aware of both of those facts.

He was unavailable too ride at the pairs as it is usually your two highest averaged riders that take part barring injury.

Vadim hadn’t ridden a competitive meeting at the point that the riders to participate were selected plus he is only on an assessed 5 point average.

In theory he could have been selected if he had ridden for us before the pairs which he hadn’t.

50 minutes ago, phillipsr said:

He wasnt overlooked he wasnt eligible 

45 minutes ago, Gazc said:

He was unavailable too ride at the pairs as it is usually your two highest averaged riders that take part barring injury.

Vadim hadn’t ridden a competitive meeting at the point that the riders to participate were selected plus he is only on an assessed 5 point average.

In theory he could have been selected if he had ridden for us before the pairs which he hadn’t.

I think there’s been a misunderstanding here.

He was overlooked for heat fifteen; not the Pairs. My point was that it could be argued he was overlooked for the Pairs champions, so it’s not like Glasgow have sent two duds out in the last heat.

25 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

He hadn’t ridden so how was he eligible.Plus he wasn’t in top3 in averages on 5pt.

Okay, understood now. I didn’t know that, but now that I do, I see speedway shooting itself in the foot.

Why implement such a restriction? Who benefits there?

Edited by TheWellBehavedWorrall

3 minutes ago, TheWellBehavedWorrall said:

I think there’s been a misunderstanding here.

He was overlooked for heat fifteen; not the Pairs. My point was that it could be argued he was overlooked for the Pairs champions, so it’s not like Glasgow have sent two duds out in the last heat.

Okay, understood now. I didn’t know that, but now that I do, I see speedway shooting itself in the foot.

Why implement such a restriction? Who benefits there?

Having not ridden for the Club is a good restriction though.I’m starting to think you are just a forum name changer.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jaizer said:

Was my guess as Ben and bomber couldn't take r/r ride they got heat 15 as meeting was won and bonus wasn't affecting anything. 

Give the Pairs champs a chance to shine

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fromafar said:

Having not ridden for the Club is a good restriction though.I’m starting to think you are just a forum name changer.

In what sense is that a ”good restriction”?

Quite frankly, I don’t care what you’re starting to think.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Yearbyred said:

I think giving riders the same assessed average in both leagues is more “speedway shooting itself in the foot” than not letting a rider who hasn’t ridden for a club ride in the Pairs Championship personally.

Jesus Christ.

I was referring to heat fifteen of Friday night; not the Pairs. The reference to the Pairs was in regard to the fact that Glasgow remained strongly represented in that last heat, so omitting Tarasenko didn’t leave them short.

Edited by TheWellBehavedWorrall

28 minutes ago, TheWellBehavedWorrall said:

I was referring to heat fifteen of Friday night; not the Pairs.

I understood you.

Yes, I think Cami probably wanted the others to have the same number of rides. Also, Ben didn't score well in his first two rides, so it gave him the chance to earn a bit more rent money.

Edited by Noelinho
  • Like 1