British Speedway Forum

KO cup final dates Witches v Tigers 2023

40 minutes ago, stu219 said:

What’s wrong with a plastic trophy? My shelves have plenty and I’m proud of every single one of them .

Fair enough, I only display my metal and glass ones,,, plastic ones are in a box in the loft,, and I suppose it depends on how many you have,,, unless you have a huge display room. 

My parents still have some on display from when I was a teenager,,,, good old dust collectors 

Edited by Baldyman

21 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

That's the sprit :D

Already 6 down and I think we’ll give more points away down at 7 tonight so a bit more to claw back. Could be wrong of course and I hope I am! I still vividly remember that cup final second leg against the Panthers when it was “done” after the first leg..

• Like 1

On 9/12/2023 at 9:38 AM, Roger Jacobs said:

I think it's one Reg that is actually positive. It stops the use of guests, while encouraging teams to use riders from the available "pool" of Rising Stars, who will be keen to have the chance to continue their learning.

On 9/12/2023 at 10:27 AM, Arch Stanton said:

Agree to disagree. The “pool” isn’t very big and most on that list are completely out of their depth bar a small handful that the others are already using. You obviously can’t run R/R for your number 7 either so this particular rule is a complete nonsense. Anyone who loses their number 1 aren’t particularly disadvantaged as they can pick up a current GP rider, but someone losing their Rising Star are pretty much buggered. You should have the same freedom of choice for your number 7 as you get for your number 1. I don’t see why one has to be different to the other. 

Gotta side with Roger here, any rule which limits guests has to be seen as a positive. Feel more should be done to ensure clubs don't become strengthened when a rider is missing.

I don't understand why some act like a team being weakened by injuries is a travesty, it happens in any sport.

Besides I feels there's still a few RS options who are worth a try: Atkins, Smith, Joe T & Boughen shouldn't be out of their depth.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

Chris Holder..  It's been 12 years since iv'e been here, and i ain't missed it a bit. You can't race on that :)

Sad that a rider of his calibre/stature still seems unable to tackle a track head on and get on with the racing and looks for the correct set up to be competitive but instead decides to bemoan the standard of racing surface when it is the same for all the riders. Why does he bother?

• Like 1