British Speedway Forum

Panthers vs Ipswich KOC 2nd Leg - 28th August 2023

With Artem Laguta, Panthers look a formidable outfit. First leg deficit is 24 points, that seems too much of a mountain to climb, but you never know.

Cannot wait for Laguta vs Emil and Doyle.

I can see a crowd of 3000 for this. 3 of the top 5 riders in the world are riding at the Showground on Monday night.

Edited by BassoRacingFan

1 hour ago, BassoRacingFan said:

With Artem Laguta, Panthers look a formidable outfit. First leg deficit is 24 points, that seems too much of a mountain to climb, but you never know.

Cannot wait for Laguta vs Emil and Doyle.

I can see a crowd of 3000 for this. 3 of the top 5 riders in the world are riding at the Showground on Monday night.

Laguta rode at Ipswich for KL on 10th August his scores were 2, (finished behind Emil)  FX,  R.  I don't think Busters done the Panthers any favours, don't forget KL got shot of him.

33 minutes ago, hammer1969 said:

Laguta rode at Ipswich for KL on 10th August his scores were 2, (finished behind Emil)  FX,  R.  I don't think Busters done the Panthers any favours, don't forget KL got shot of him.

Am gonna stick up for Laguta a bit here - his first two rides were fine, his 2nd behind Emil completely understandable given Emil broke the track record. In his second ride he'd worked his way from last to 2nd and was trying to pass Danny King (I think from memory) when he fell - so far all seemed fine.

His final two rides well he poodled about at the back before pulling up and then didn't appear for his final ride, no idea what happened but that's the story of that night! To say he wasnt trying (as some were who were not there probably) is untrue, certainly for his first two rides!

Anyhoo onto the meeting itself - i rather suspect this will be close on the night but Witches will get through on aggregate!

Edited by GeneralMelchett
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

Well time to start the new debate for Peterborough 

Will Laguta turn up on Monday,  or will, it be a wrist injury,  dodgy burger , travel issues 

Likely he'll come,  he'll have Emil and his nephew to hold his hand :wink:

• Haha 2