British Speedway Forum

Leicester v Sheffield 26th August 6.30pm.

Just 9 hours to go and no thread.

Leicester are at full strength but there are changes to the Tigers' line up.

Musielak is riding in Poland, Jason Edwards comes in place of injured Gilkes and RR for Ellis. A 'must win' for both sides.

LEICESTER: Max Fricke, Craig Cook, Richard Lawson, Justin Sedgmen, Richie Worrall, Jake Allen, Drew Kemp.
SHEFFIELD: Ryan Douglas, Adam Ellis R/R, Josh Pickering, Kyle Howarth, Tai Woffinden, Lewis Kerr, Jason Edwards.

Edited by tocha

Leicester are the team under pressure for the points. Sheffield will breeze into the play offs with their home points from the remaining fixtures

Leicester win nailed on here ;)

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, The Third Man said:

its not a must win for Sheffield, we only have to win our two home matches to match Ipswich's maximum points total, and we have a much bigger points difference

I’d have thought we should be trying to win tonight   If we only win both home meetings and finish 4 th we get Belle Vue in semi. Hopefully we make team changes but if not we won’t be going further than the semi s 

30 minutes ago, Charlieboy said:

I’d have thought we should be trying to win tonight   If we only win both home meetings and finish 4 th we get Belle Vue in semi. Hopefully we make team changes but if not we won’t be going further than the semi s 

Yeah but Sheffield  have got more chance than Leicester  of getting  to the final..B.V...Leicester....Wolves Sheffield...semi s...

40 minutes ago, Charlieboy said:

Also you want to insure against the risk of a rain off, with races dates at a premium at Owlerton.

Not sure about this meeting. Could go either way. We were shocking against wolves but seemed to put up a fight against Ipswich. Which team will turn up? Douglas is great guest for Sheffield but if mad max is on form he may be on for a 12 plus points tonight.  I worry about Allen vs there reserves. Kemp will do ok but Allen seems to have dropped off a little at home. Cook at 2 is an interesting one but Richie against woffy at 5 will be a great battle. I think this all depends on if Leicesters engine room turn up. Sedge,  Allen and Cook need to get a few tonight as howarth, pickering, and kerr can hurt us . Edwards is a decent rider also. Going to go for a last heat decider .

46-44 to the lions 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, DiveBomb said:

Not sure about this meeting. Could go either way. We were shocking against wolves but seemed to put up a fight against Ipswich. Which team will turn up? Douglas is great guest for Sheffield but if mad max is on form he may be on for a 12 plus points tonight.  I worry about Allen vs there reserves. Kemp will do ok but Allen seems to have dropped off a little at home. Cook at 2 is an interesting one but Richie against woffy at 5 will be a great battle. I think this all depends on if Leicesters engine room turn up. Sedge,  Allen and Cook need to get a few tonight as howarth, pickering, and kerr can hurt us . Edwards is a decent rider also. Going to go for a last heat decider .

46-44 to the lions 

Haven’t seen much consistency off much of lions at home,seems to me the track is very unpredictable even to home riders which is not real good,evens out the advantage,Allen and kemp top scores last nite,don’t think problem is reserves ,normally score over thier average ,lions have to win

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, DiveBomb said:

46-44 to the lions 

Home win ...keep Leicester  in it ...

50 minutes ago, DazS said:

wonder if crowd will be better turn out being a Saturday meeting.

Top hat and tails? ;)

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, Pauldoveyspeedway said:

True ....bates family will want both there teams in the play offs ...Leicester and Sheffield...home win 

I'm sure they'll want them both in, but that's as far as it can go. The riders, the team managers, the promoters and indeed the owners are not going to try to rig anything.

4 hours ago, Charlieboy said:

Didn't say we don't have to try, only that it isn't a must win situation

1 hour ago, Big Al said:

I'm sure they'll want them both in, but that's as far as it can go. The riders, the team managers, the promoters and indeed the owners are not going to try to rig anything.

You wont convince anyone of this

when the original was rained off, apparently it was because Sheffield had a weakened team, Tai couldn't ride and so Holder was going to be replaced by a NL rider, and Sheffield needed to win, now its the other way round

Some people have it in for the Bates family for some reason and will have already made their minds up on the result, I'm surprised they cant tell us who is going to score what points

Edited by The Third Man