British Speedway Forum

Sheffield v Wolves R1

Apparently no interest in the third attempt to run this meeting. 

Musielac has declared himself fit whilst new kid on the block, Ashton Boughen has been thrown in at the deep end to replace injured Dan Gilkes. Wolves are at full strength.

Weather looks good.

Wonder if Adam Ellis is turning up for this one or having his week off? 

Will be a close one as always v Wolves.  Pickering, Howarth & Kerr need to come to the party (and Ellis if he rocks up) as no Gilkes weakens the team no matter how good Boughen will be it’ll be tough tonight at a track he’s never ridden in a higher league.  Close home win 48-42 

This isn't the 3rd attempt to run this meeting, it's always been scheduled for this date. It's the meeting that was rained off on May 11th and July 24th that will have its 3rd attempt on September 7th. So I'm actually not sure if tonight's is Round 1 or Round 2!!! 

As for Adam Ellis, there was a similar statement on his page after the Leicester meeting at home in June, when Sheffield did have a week's break in fixtures. So I wonder if his social media team have copied and pasted without really looking/thinking. 

33 minutes ago, Tigerblade said:

This isn't the 3rd attempt to run this meeting, it's always been scheduled for this date. It's the meeting that was rained off on May 11th and July 24th that will have its 3rd attempt on September 7th. So I'm actually not sure if tonight's is Round 1 or Round 2!!! 

As for Adam Ellis, there was a similar statement on his page after the Leicester meeting at home in June, when Sheffield did have a week's break in fixtures. So I wonder if his social media team have copied and pasted without really looking/thinking. 

“social media team” lol

• Like 2

2 hours ago, tocha said:

Ashton Boughen has been thrown in at the deep end to replace injured Dan Gilkes.

Ashton is still being outscored in the NDL by Ryan Kinsley, Jack Smith, Joe Thompson and (before he retired) Kyle Bickley.

He is an enormous talent but don't forget Dan Bewley only scored 10 points in his first nine Championship level fixtures. 

Don't expect too much of him too soon. It will be a valuable learning experience for him, but any points he scores will be a bonus.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, arnieg said:

Ashton is still being outscored in the NDL by Ryan Kinsley, Jack Smith, Joe Thompson and (before he retired) Kyle Bickley.

He is an enormous talent but don't forget Dan Bewley only scored 10 points in his first nine Championship level fixtures. 

Don't expect too much of him too soon. It will be a valuable learning experience for him, but any points he scores will be a bonus.

Throwing him straight into a Premiership meet before he makes his Championship debut feels very risky. It is of course a valuable experience but he seems a very determined young lad who I can't see settling for three 0's.

Can't imagine Oxford will be happy if the worst happens from him overriding, trying to impress. 

A pulled shoulder eh

Be interesting to see if the rumoured changes do happen. If so it will be obvious this was more pull the other one/pull the wool over our eyes/pull our plonkers*

*delete as desired

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, Tigerblade said:

You are right inasmuch his was intended to be the R2 fixture but is now R1. R2 is re-scheduled for Thursday 7th September.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

A pulled shoulder eh

Be interesting to see if the rumoured changes do happen. If so it will be obvious this was more pull the other one/pull the wool over our eyes/pull our plonkers*

*delete as desired

If there are changes they'll have to get on with it. The deadline is next Monday.