British Speedway Forum

Poole v Glasgow 23/8/23 Championship

Someone mentioned the "wrath of the Grandstand" and Vissing?

Would that be the Grandstand full of foul mouth unwelcoming 70+ men and women who welcome Away Supporters who just happen to sit in an UNRESERVED empty Seat who arrive a good 30 mins after you have innocently sat down with..

"Get out of my ******* seat"

"I'll get the Steward to smack your face"

"**** off back to the Midlands you Brummie ***t

Who spit at you, shout at you, make the whole experience of visiting Poole Speedway an absolute nightmare. Bullying and intimidation, par excellence.

Having travelled to many of the most unwelcoming football grounds in the UK and some in Europe, hand on heart, the vitriol and abuse directed at anyone not part of the gereatric disgusting cabal that meet and hunt there is perfectly summed up by some of the same dished out to anyone who dares challenging the bullying trolls who frequent this forum.

Contrast that with almost every other Track in the UK where you can have fun banter, receive a warm welcome and actually feel valued and want to go back!

I'll await the usual suspension as one of the Poole trolls contacts the mods.....frankly do I give a s*** .....er nope!

• Like 3

Wow the vitriol on here has sunk to a new low!!

Anyway it was great to see Darcy Ward and family getting involved again with the evening's entertainment to the loud applause of a large crowd.

I hope young Pijper is OK. It took the medical team some time to ensure he was all right! I was however more than a little surprised that the team manager didn't go across to him on the track. In fact only one Glasgow rider came out to him and that was to retrieve his bike!

Anyway, I'm all for a bit of fan banter on any thread but let's keep it reasonably polite and about the topic rather than the posters.

COYP.

Edited by Skidder1
  • Like 6

5 hours ago, Barabas said:

You know glasgow can beat Oxford at home & get the bonus that's allowed yes ...

Yes of course I know that. But that was not the point of my response. I was seeking to demonstrate the fallaciousness of SS's statement.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Barabas said:

You've obviously no clue about speedway or your in denial...Glasgow are poor at reserve if you don't know this your thick as mud pal ...you give me peace you don't win anything with 2 poor reserves & don't say they are good don't lie 

As I said before "give us peace!" It's like listening to a very old jukebox that's only got one record and it's even cracked.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, old bob at herne bay said:

Sad to read of another incident  witha spectator requiring medical attention. This seems to be more common now than ever...... I do hope the person involved is OK.

They might have had to listen to arthur and lbw for a few minutes, 30 min in the sick bay would be far better than that .

1 hour ago, HGould said:

Someone mentioned the "wrath of the Grandstand" and Vissing?

Would that be the Grandstand full of foul mouth unwelcoming 70+ men and women who welcome Away Supporters who just happen to sit in an UNRESERVED empty Seat who arrive a good 30 mins after you have innocently sat down with..

"Get out of my ******* seat"

"I'll get the Steward to smack your face"

"**** off back to the Midlands you Brummie ***t

Who spit at you, shout at you, make the whole experience of visiting Poole Speedway an absolute nightmare. Bullying and intimidation, par excellence.

Having travelled to many of the most unwelcoming football grounds in the UK and some in Europe, hand on heart, the vitriol and abuse directed at anyone not part of the gereatric disgusting cabal that meet and hunt there is perfectly summed up by some of the same dished out to anyone who dares challenging the bullying trolls who frequent this forum.

Contrast that with almost every other Track in the UK where you can have fun banter, receive a warm welcome and actually feel valued and want to go back!

I'll await the usual suspension as one of the Poole trolls contacts the mods.....frankly do I give a s*** .....er nope!

I've been going to Poole for the best part of 30 years, I've never seen anything like that I sit in the grandstand plenty of families and people of all ages around enjoying there evening, I've been to most tracks around the country and don't find Poole fans any different to all the other teams fans. There are might be 1 or 2 incidents that happen but it happens everywhere. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Anyway , getting away from all the nastiness for a moment . Poole are the best team in the league , that isn't in doubt , year after year they get the team building just about right . So to score 37 points on the best team in the league's home track is nothing to be ashamed of . We are what we are , probably the third best team in the league,  which I can live with . If we do get permission to use old Paddy Wobblytoe to replace Marcin , then who knows how interesting that might make the play offs . But as things stand at the moment , you can't see past Poole winning everything again . 

Right back to the name-calling again 

• Like 7

Looking at these arguments from a neutral point of view, Glasgow fans seem pretty quick to make quips about some of the Poole fans' intelligence, yet they are the ones that keep biting at the Poole fans' comments. Surely it's obvious they are only doing it to annoy Glasgow? Come on, ignore it and move on and the forum will soon become a much happier place.

That said, some of the stuff from the likes of Pinny is just deplorable. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, BackInTheDHSS said:

Looking at these arguments from a neutral point of view, Glasgow fans seem pretty quick to make quips about some of the Poole fans' intelligence, yet they are the ones that keep biting at the Poole fans' comments. Surely it's obvious they are only doing it to annoy Glasgow? Come on, ignore it and move on and the forum will soon become a much happier place.

That said, some of the stuff from the likes of Pinny is just deplorable. 

Must of it is banter (well is from me - unless they start attacking me and have to defend myself) Shame they can't take it without responding to name calling. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Must of it is banter (well is from me - unless they start attacking me and have to defend myself) Shame they can't take it without responding to name calling. 

Its speedway not football.  Surely we as a group of supporters should be better than resorting to name calling when our opinion differs from somebody else's . The jealousy that Poole got aimed at them in the top league has now transferred down to the Championship .Suppose that's the price you pay for being the most successful team 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Pinny said:

theres a rumour going around that lisa collette applied to go on the jeremy kyle show before it was axed. 

she got offered a show but turned it down as it meant shed not be able to spend 15 hours of her day sat glued to this forum spouting nonsense.

you could honestly imagine her and starman as a couple. Not a braincell between them.

Give it a rest. Your posts are pathetic. If you don't like what she's saying, either ignore her or respond to what she's actually saying. Resorting to petty insults like this (and the posts before) makes you look like the one struggling on the brain cell front.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

If you took Complin out of heat 9 and used a t/r, he would have had one ride left, to be used in heat 14. The fact that Glasgow failed t bring a number 8 when using r/r is their fault.

Also forgot to mention we have someone new to boo. Vissing for some unfathomable reason decided to verbally attack the start Marshall after one heat. No idea why but made a fool out of himself and brought the wrath of the grandstand down on him for the remainder of the meeting. Funny though.

Apparently according to a Poole fan on FB Vissing was called to the tapes four times, that was why he kicked off? I did notice that in the rest of his races the Clerk of the Course was stood on centre green by the tapes watching him. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bojangles said:

Give it a rest. Your posts are pathetic. If you don't like what she's saying, either ignore her or respond to what she's actually saying. Resorting to petty insults like this (and the posts before) makes you look like the one struggling on the brain cell front.

She sticks her nose in every topic and makes a twit of herself. Most slate Poole fans as a rule down to Shovlar but he at least can hold a general conversation. This vicky pollard wanna-bee is just another level of stupidness

• Sad 3

9 hours ago, Barabas said:

You've obviously no clue about speedway or your in denial...Glasgow are poor at reserve if you don't know this your thick as mud pal ...you give me peace you don't win anything with 2 poor reserves & don't say they are good don't lie 

Pot kettle black as they say. 

40 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Apparently according to a Poole fan on FB Vissing was called to the tapes four times, that was why he kicked off? I did notice that in the rest of his races the Clerk of the Course was stood on centre green by the tapes watching him. 

The referee should then either warn or disqualify the rider. Happened at Glasgow recently, but I don’t remember who it was. Might have been a Poole rider but I can’t honestly remember. Doesn’t look like I noted it in my programme.

47 minutes ago, Bojangles said:

I agree with 99% of this but then you had to do the same has him