British Speedway Forum

Wolves v Witches Monday 21st Aug

19 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

Now are season is basically done,, I would like to see Ashton Boughen given some meeting's as RS,, this young lad will be the next big thing in British speedway,, 

A King's Lynn lad. Went to the wife's Primary school.  British champ and world number 8 at MX.. Only cocked a leg over a speedway bike a little over a year ago.. Get in the queue  is what i would say. Someone will get a great prospect  next season imho. 

Edited by Bald Bloke

3 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

Get in the queue is what i would say. Some one will get a great prospect  next season imho. 

But he isn't RS for anyone at the moment,,, so why wait and get in queue,, and surely he would jump at the chance to pick Doyles and Emils brains 

Edited by Baldyman

King's average is actually ..... false.

Take away the times he's beaten his teammate over 3 heats (eg the no 4) and then reserve in heat 12. This would be same all year....

The only 2 riders of Wolves he beat last night was Worrall and Becker. 2 all night.!! Beat Rew Twice for 3 points  and then followed home Hume for 1+1in heat 12.

8 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

But he isn't RS for anyone at the moment,,, so why wait and get in queue,, and surely he would jump at the chance to pick Doyles and Emils brains 

I agree. I know he's got teams after him for next season in both leagues. 

Just now, Call me wolfie said:

The trouble is being the 3rd heat leader some expect him to perform like the other 2 which was never going to happen

Well those people are obviously a picnic short of a sandwich,,, King has never been at that level,,, he certainly won't be doing so at 36/37 years of age 

47 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

Sheffield might be after him, as Gilkes now out :unsure:

1 hour ago, Baldyman said:

Now are season is basically done,, I would like to see Ashton Boughen given some meeting's as RS,, this young lad will be the next big thing in British speedway,, 

I'm not sure if Boughen can ride in top league as a RS, i saw on another thread he'll be assessed as a 2 pointer which only allows him to ride in Championship, don't think you can ride in the top league unless your a 3 pointer or higher, that's what i read anyway.

17 minutes ago, Badge said:

Sheffield might be after him, as Gilkes now out :unsure:

I was told about a month ago that Leicester were after him for next season. But now with them up for sale,  i guess Sheffield may well get him in. 

Edited by Bald Bloke

2 hours ago, Baldyman said:

How come Rew never seems to get much said about him,,, he has been a total disaster bar 2 meetings against the poorest of poor opposition. 

Gotta fair point the 2nd half of the season he has disappointed for sure

2 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

Abysmal. Him and the season long struggle with the Riss situation are the two reason’s we’re not in the play offs. Nothing to do with King whatsoever. 

Yep think thats a fair reflection - King has largely done the job expected and needed of him!

6 minutes ago, GeneralMelchett said:

Gotta fair point the 2nd half of the season he has disappointed for sure

Yep think thats a fair reflection - King has largely done the job expected and needed of him!

I think Rew was cut a bit of slack first half of the season after coming back from a pre season injury and riding fresh tracks he hadn't seen before, he doesn't really have any excuse for his poor scores now tbf, he's generally been very disappointing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kevin bass said:

I'm not sure if Boughen can ride in top league as a RS, i saw on another thread he'll be assessed as a 2 pointer which only allows him to ride in Championship, don't think you can ride in the top league unless your a 3 pointer or higher, that's what i read anyway.

Not sure about that rule or not rule myself,, but didn't King's Lynn have a 2 pointer either start of this season or last. 

1 minute ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

Rew has been disappointing. I feel if he had a championship place as well he may have improved but as it stands now I would not have him back next season. Especially if he is on a 5 point assessed average rather than his actual average. 

Think he would be 4 next year? Even then,, how many times has he even scored that 

1 minute ago, Baldyman said:

Think he would be 4 next year? Even then,, how many times has he even scored that 

I think he will be on his true average should he return next season. The '4 point' ruling I believe is for this season only.

1 hour ago, kevin bass said:

Boughen has been named as a new rider in the list wef. 21.6.23 and on an average of 3.00

https://britishspeedway.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2023/03/rising_stars_issue1.pdf