British Speedway Forum

Wolves v Witches Monday 21st Aug

37 minutes ago, Pauldoveyspeedway said:

Wolves need to win this one to make sure ipswich  dont get in the top four ...

Come on, you Wolves

For Witches to win it will take a good night's racing from Rew Riss Hume and Edwards,,,, I think that's just too many of them. Rew is likely to score 0 or 1 ,, Riss is likely to score about 3,,Hume is likely to score 1 or 2,,,just not gonna be enough 

Edited by Baldyman

Would be good to get the win if anything just to keep the interest bubbling along til the last fixtures. Even for the neutrals!

Lose Monday and Thursdays home fixture against Leicester becomes a dead rubber. 

Think we’ll get close actually, Riss can sometimes ride Wolves well and he’s finally riding himself back in to a bit of form. He’s the crucial rider here for me. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

Would be good to get the win if anything just to keep the interest bubbling along til the last fixtures. Even for the neutrals!

Lose Monday and Thursdays home fixture against Leicester becomes a dead rubber. 

Think we’ll get close actually, Riss can sometimes ride Wolves well and he’s finally riding himself back in to a bit of form. He’s the crucial rider here for me. 

Wolves can put them out the play offs ...come on wolves ...

1 hour ago, Pauldoveyspeedway said:

Yeah but they wont if they loose ..Both have matches in hand ...

I know but not mathematically certain, especially the way Leicester are going, they need to make changes and quick otherwise Ipswich will catch them. Leicester still have BV, Ipswich and Wolves away, plus Sheffield at home. To say it would be all over is slightly premature don’t you think?

Edited by Call me wolfie

15 hours ago, Call me wolfie said:

I know but not mathematically certain, especially the way Leicester are going, they need to make changes and quick otherwise Ipswich will catch them. Leicester still have BV, Ipswich and Wolves away, plus Sheffield at home. To say it would be all over is slightly premature don’t you think?

I had Leicester down as securing their play off place winning away at Peterborough - that might not happen now! whilst anything is still mathematically possible you have to go all out and try to gain that win!

59 minutes ago, GeneralMelchett said:

I had Leicester down as securing their play off place winning away at Peterborough - that might not happen now! whilst anything is still mathematically possible you have to go all out and try to gain that win!

I think there is a very good chance that Peterborough will win this one. You can be sure Bomber will be fired up and the Panthers overall look a stronger team than the one Leicester faced in Round 1 where the Lions emerged 47 - 43 victors.. Worrall returns to the club from which he was released because of poor home scores and who knows if Craig Cook will be back by then. Also, in Round 1, Basso managed just one point having to withdraw through injury

• Like 1

Just looking forward to seeing Sayfutdinov and Doyle ride, class riders both. From a Wolves perspective the match will be difficult because of these two, but I think we just about have enough in hand to get the win. Having said we have been a little shaky at home in recent matches, so no complacency please Wolves.