British Speedway Forum

Play-off picks

3 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

What I meant was that it we get better of Oxford over 2 legs once can do it again more then the total league points scenario.

With greatest of respect to what is obviously a very successful team, the 8 other champ clubs fans be hoping for a non Poole final!

Yeah, fair point, although Oxford were severely weakened in the home fixture with the loss of Schlein after just one race - so not sure you can read too much into the aggregate score. But then there's the Tarasenko factor in Glasgow's favour.

And totally agree about Poole. Nothing against them, but it's about time we had a final without them.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Bojangles said:

Yeah, fair point, although Oxford were severely weakened in the home fixture with the loss of Schlein after just one race - so not sure you can read too much into the aggregate score. But then there's the Tarasenko factor in Glasgow's favour.

And totally agree about Poole. Nothing against them, but it's about time we had a final without them.

The thing about Poole ,love them or hate them , they do provide good entertainment as visitors to most tracks.Bet these Promotions don’t mind them.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Mr Blobby said:

Only in speedway you would get Birmingham Riders guesting for Plymouth and Plymouth riders guesting for Birmingham while fighting each other and ourselves for the last play off spot.

Agreed, farcical.

Poole confirm they will be at home next Wednesday 13th September against, as yet, unknown play-off opposition, But all potential play-off clubs are in agreement!!

NB, Are there any Danish play-off fixtures next Wednesday that may affect anyone's availability?  PS, How's Vissing after his crash in Denmark last night? Zach Cook has had to withdraw from the Wolves team tonight after his heat 14 off at Edinburgh.

Edited by Skidder1

37 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Poole confirm they will be at home next Wednesday 13th September against, as yet, unknown play-off opposition, But all potential play-off clubs are in agreement!!

NB, Are there any Danish play-off fixtures next Wednesday that may affect anyone's availability?  PS, How's Vissing after his crash in Denmark last night? Zach Cook has had to withdraw from the Wolves team tonight after his heat 14 off at Edinburgh.

Danish Superfinal is 20th.

13 hours ago, Jaizer said:

With greatest of respect to what is obviously a very successful team, the 8 other champ clubs fans be hoping for a non Poole final!

Why?

If they finish top, they'll be the People's Champions in my eyes and I for one hope they go on and win the stupid play offs.

8 minutes ago, King Jamie said:

Why?

If they finish top, they'll be the People's Champions in my eyes and I for one hope they go on and win the stupid play offs.

Because a monopoly is no good for the sport. Yes it's up to other teams to improve and beat them but same team winning everything isn't very entertaining in my eyes.

I have same feeling towards play offs but since this what we have that's my opinion on it

10 hours ago, Mr Blobby said:

Only in speedway you would get Birmingham Riders guesting for Plymouth and Plymouth riders guesting for Birmingham while fighting each other and ourselves for the last play off spot.

Why aren't you mentioning your own Pickering riding for Birmingham multiple times these last few months?

5 minutes ago, Cast1rn said:

Did Poole forget to put on their big boy pants? 

Nothing Geographical about those picks. 

Just like the pairs I guess Glasgow have to go up against the best in the country for a chance at the league title.

Going to be outstanding racing with Redcar and Oxford.

Have fun in the group of death. Oxford would have made same choices imo. :t:

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, gmarsbar2 said:

Well I was correctly told last night by a reliable source who Poole had picked and that Oxford would have selected Poole & Scunthorpe if they had topped the league.

How would that have worked if both Poole and Oxford were selling tickets for Weds 13th at home before last night's meeting?