British Speedway Forum

Play-off picks

If Poole top the "qualifying table" and Edinburgh are 6th I can see them avoiding Edinburgh & Glasgow (long distances) and Oxford (hoping for big crowds for the final).

Poole - Redcar - Scunthorpe

Oxford - Glasgow - Edinburgh

If Birmingham finish 6th, I'd expect Poole to pick them (weakest & more local) along with Scunthorpe (closer than Redcar).

Poole - Scunthorpe - Birmingham

Oxford - Redcar - Glasgow

If Oxford finish top, I could see then making the same decisions.

Oxford - Redcar - Scunthorpe

Poole - Glasgow - Edinburgh

Or 

Oxford - Scunthorpe - Birmingham

Poole - Redcar - Glasgow

9 minutes ago, Noelinho said:

If I was in charge of Poole and they finished top, I’d leave Glasgow, Oxford and Redcar in a group, which would be a very exciting bloodbath.

I'd pick Glasgow tbh. Easiest BP this season ;)

Prob different for people in charge but I would pick teams easiest to get aggregate win. In the past Poole riders have had a vote when choosing opponent's. So maybe they would pick Redcar and Scunny (purely based on they like riding the track!) 

Edited by lisa-colette

9 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

I'd pick Glasgow tbh. Easiest BP this season ;)

Prob different for people in charge but I would pick teams easiest to get aggregate win. In the past Poole riders have had a vote when choosing opponent's. So maybe they would pick Redcar and Scunny (purely based on they like riding the track!) 

You haven't got it yet... That was the bsn trophy :P

19 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Are all playoff meetings on BSN?

I would go Poole, Redcar , Edinburgh.

Oxford, Glasgow, Scunthorpe.

I guess BSN will focus on those meetings that don't club-stream,ie At Oxford and Glasgow especially as there would be 2 Weds clubs and 4 Friday ones.

Just now, Skidder1 said:

I would go Poole, Redcar , Edinburgh.

Oxford, Glasgow, Scunthorpe.

I guess BSN will focus on those meetings that don't club-stream,ie At Oxford and Glasgow especially as there would be 2 Weds clubs and 4 Friday ones.

I’m sure they will try to show everyone once. 

24 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

Suppose be impossible with potentially 4 Friday clubs to show every match, doubt bsn is capable of multiple broadcasts just yet. Love to be wrong though!!

The Fridays clubs may have to race on an off race night, to avoid going into October / November. Although it's unlikely there would be 3 Friday teams in one group as Oxford & Poole will likely avoid each other.