British Speedway Forum

Poole v Edinburgh. 20/8/23 Championship 5pm.

That was a bit of a drawn out meeting. Totally one sided but there were a couple of very good races especially heat 13. Edinburgh only really had Pickering and to a lesser extent Thomson. Gifted 31 due to Thomson given 4 rides, a fall for Ben Cook and Lawson chain coming off in heat 15. 

Track needed a bit of extra attention at the interval due to possibly too much dirt on it. Gave is a load of water as well to reduce dust. Not sure why they chose 5pm as a start time. 7.30 would have been better imo. 

Pirates looking solid and strong. Special mention to Anders Rowe who is really coming along well this season. Started slowly but now in a good groove and is definitely one for the future.

Excellent job done win.

And I won the sweepstake for the correct score! Trust me it was nowt to do with me when Lawson ef in heat 15 to help the Monarchs get the 4-2 I needed for the 59-31 final score ! :D

Special shout out for Joe who more than did his job scoring 4+2(4) Well done lad :t:

Edited by lbw
  • Like 1

Josh entertaining to watch as always, H13 was pretty good. Maybe Glasgow should ask him to guest for Basso on Weds if he not there!

Nice of B Broke to do a lap of honour after his second place and also Kye Thomson really happy after his win. 

Paco entertaining too with his blasts round the outside, if only he pulled them off. Hope his shoulder is okay and not reinjured it or anything. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, eide67 said:

R/R now confirmed on Monarchs' website. Difficult to believe that none of King, Schlein, Kerr, Howarth, R.Worrall, C Wright, Riss (5 of them ex-Monarchs) were available. Looks, from where I'm standing, like a deliberate decision to go with R/R. And it may be the correct one as the match points were already written off, giving the team more rides and building up their stamina for Friday's double header :).

Alternatively, with my day having already got off to a good start with the England football team failing to win the women's world cup ;), the Monarchs could pull off the shock result of the season.

Either way I'll be watching on the Poole stream, which is generally very good.

At least the England Women’s team reached the World Cup final unlike the Scottish women who were probably in the hills chasing haggis lol.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, TheScotsman said:

Not the plan. 

All Monarchs on a guaranteed minimum so just need to take it easy and let Poole have to dig deep to pay the Poole team. 

Bonus points back in the averages calculations for next season so can't even fiddle the averages

So it's a win/win for nearly all of us even if we get hammered. 

Where has that news come from?

5 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

Tbh now (some) riders are slowing up to avoid race wins, it makes sense to include bonus points again, apart from fairness also for safety, as a rider shutting off before the line could cause a collision.

And because its average manipulation ie cheating.