British Speedway Forum

Poole Pirates Vs Redcar Bears 16/8

2 minutes ago, Arthur54 said:

Everyone should get down the stadium tonight too see Darcy Ward, one of the most gifted talents ever to race a speedway bike 

Excellent, looking forward to seeing Darcy. Thought we'd missed our chance to welcome him after the rain off where he was due to appear.

In the area but still not decided whether to do this tonight but a bit of info please. What time does the car park open and how much change do I need. Is it easier to park away from stadium and walk in

Be nice to pay respect to Darcy, il see how I feel after

I fancy some sunshine speedway after thawing out from Monday. But what do people think my chances are to make the 21:44 train back to town as I would rather not drive at night?

17 minutes ago, bruno said:

In the area but still not decided whether to do this tonight but a bit of info please. What time does the car park open and how much change do I need. Is it easier to park away from stadium and walk in

I would park down one of the residential side roads and walk in.

Still haven't seen anything on SM that Darcy is going to be there though. Taking Arthur's word for it atm! 

6 minutes ago, SJA said:

I fancy some sunshine speedway after thawing out from Monday. But what do people think my chances are to make the 21:44 train back to town as I would rather not drive at night?

Meetings typical finish 9.20-9.30 I find and station not far away, so should be okay. 

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, bruno said:

I think it is £3.50 and you need to probably get there for around 6.30, i park in one of the side streets opposite the police station, it's free after 6pm

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Still haven't seen anything on SM that Darcy is going to be there though. Taking Arthur's word for it atm! 

Meetings typical finish 9.20-9.30 I find and station not far away, so should be okay. 

Neil said at the press conference last week that he will be there 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

51 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

With r/r in operation there could be more time between heats so could take a bit longer than usual.

In this Piratecast-sponsored meeting I shall be vacating my usual grandstand seat and joining the guests for some hospitality in the glass restaurant/stand. Not a favourite viewing position but I guess once a season is ok - still get to see the pits early and see some heats from centregreen. COYP.

I still think this will be a tight meeting, having watched the 'depleted' Bears at Plymouth last night, they were gating very well, although Glads were probably a little 'ring rusty'!

28 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

With r/r in operation there could be more time between heats so could take a bit longer than usual.

In this Piratecast-sponsored meeting I shall be vacating my usual grandstand seat and joining the guests for some hospitality in the glass restaurant/stand. Not a favourite viewing position but I guess once a season is ok - still get to see the pits early and see some heats from centregreen. COYP.

I still think this will be a tight meeting, having watched the 'depleted' Bears at Plymouth last night, they were gating very well, although Glads were probably a little 'ring rusty'!

The Bears will lose their necessities & the Pirates to win 51-39 :t:

Edited by lbw

3 minutes ago, Biffa said:

Heard the other night at Redcar that no one apart from officials are now allowed in the centre green, no supporters, sponsors etc. All since the Edinburgh crash. Don’t know if it’s right but Redcar didn’t last Friday. 

Loads of centregreen activity at Plymouth last night. Sponsors and guests were allowed centregreen last week at Poole. We shall see...........!

Danny Ford has not mentioned anything!

• Thanks 1

There were sponsors on the centre green last week but in a fenced off area in the middle. Chalk lines were running about 5 metres inside the track and no one was allowed closer to the track than that, except the starting track staff.

Anyone know if Wright is riding tonight? If not guest or r/r?

11 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

There were sponsors on the centre green last week but in a fenced off area in the middle. Chalk lines were running about 5 metres inside the track and no one was allowed closer to the track than that, except the starting track staff.

Anyone know if Wright is riding tonight? If not guest or r/r?

r/r - unless theres a last minute surprise!

PS. Tonight's Rider of the Night Award will be chosen by a Piratecast twitter poll amongst fans at the stadium

Edited by Skidder1