British Speedway Forum

Plymouth Vs Berwick 8/8/23 live BSN

3 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

Having watched the whole meeting on BSN and then having just read the Berwick meeting report on their website, I can't believe I watched the same meeting?!

I know clubs try to 'spin the positives for their own fans' but surely theres a limit.

BTW well done Glads (or as Barker continued to call them 'Devils') and well done Joe.

That happens after every meeting.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 9/5/2023 at 8:05 PM, torpointfanatic22 said:

I really feel for the Plymouth promotion on this. I don't agree with everything that goes on at Plymouth and I think things could be better but the injuries and then the Barker fiasco last season and now Worrall this is just such bad luck. I fear for the future of the club (and speedway as a whole to be honest).

Not sure if any of the worrall doubters are on FB but I suggest if yous are go on and have a look at Richie's post on last night's test before yous judge the fella

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Justgotmecpc said:

Not sure if any of the worrall doubters are on FB but I suggest if yous are go on and have a look at Richie's post on last night's test before yous judge the fella

Just read it. Fair enough to him, was not expecting all that! Done all he can to prove his innocence with the extra testing. Guess he'll just have to be patient for lab results. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Justgotmecpc said:

And for those of us not on Facebook?

17 minutes ago, Justgotmecpc said:

What’s all this Richie haters stuff ( I’m not one of them) Speedway Control Board has said he failed  a test on one prohibited substance and was withdrawn from meeting.Nothing to judge except  he failed a test.His error.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Just read it. Fair enough to him, was not expecting all that! Done all he can to prove his innocence with the extra testing. Guess he'll just have to be patient for lab results. 

The only thing I can see wrong with statement is his own test was not taken at the same time.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

The only thing I can see wrong with statement is his own test was not taken at the same time.

That was my thought too, if he gave a sample the next day, he's proved he was clean on Wednesday, but not Tuesday?

Although his comments about them not allowing him to give a second sample must be his best argument, if they've not followed the correct testing protocol, how can they suspend him?

Just now, szkocjasid said:

That was my thought too, if he gave a sample the next day, he's proved he was clean on Wednesday, but not Tuesday?

Although his comments about them not allowing him to give a second sample must be his best argument, if they've not followed the correct testing protocol, how can they suspend him?

Is it not the case that they only take 1 sample and split it into 2 as the 2nd sample as the standard procedure.It is in a lot of other sports.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

I thought they only took one sample that they then split into two?