British Speedway Forum

Plymouth Vs Berwick 8/8/23 live BSN

2 hours ago, mikebv said:

I think you will find it is just bananas that keep them doing 35 mph up and down mountains for six hours a day, covering over 200 miles...

Nothing to see here, move along now please...:D

No stage on any grand tour race is 200 miles.You must be thinking of kilometers.Also,drug testing in cycling is more stringent than it has ever been.

8 hours ago, MartinBSN said:

The information did not come to light until 3 minutes before we went on air. At that point there was no official statement, we were simply informed they had been removed on medical grounds.

Once the SCB statement was released we made sure to read it to inform the fans. Anything prior to that is speculation and we are not looking to get into that.

So yes, any other broadcast organisation would have done exactly that, went by the book not rumour.

I did post this before you guys read the statement out. I'm not entirely sure any other broadcast organisation would have just read a statement and then not mentioned it again but that's obviously your prerogative.

Fair play, you did read the statement out and like you say speculation is not something you should be getting into... that's probably left to us on here

Would have been nice to have had a riders perspective on the whole drug testing procedure though, especially from one who had so recently fallen foul of it, that after all was the story of the night. Ben Barker, understandably, may not have wanted to talk about it, but there were many other riders and officials available on the night, maybe they closed ranks, I don't know

1 hour ago, Spittaler said:

Well done to Joe Thompson replacing his brother. He been mucked about all season and a good move by Poole to include him in the Pirates team. Paid 11 at number 3 last night.

And what progress James Pearson has made since leaving Birmingham!   Berwick also lost the meeting at reserve. 5 points to Plymouth 19! Coles a former Plymouth guy was a miss and Garrod is basically a NL reserve  rider never mind Championship reserve!  Hook was poor too. Kileen was listed for Berwick but not there?

Only saving grace for Berwick they should get 3 points Saturday to leave them second bottom! and cant see Plymouth getting any at Birmingham or Edinburgh? 

Same here Well Done to Joe Thompson and James Pearson both young riders with potential,been messed about all season and replaced with riders past their best with Promoters thinking these experienced riders will start upping their average again which happens once in a blue moon.(apt)°

• Like 1

9 hours ago, MartinBSN said:

The information did not come to light until 3 minutes before we went on air. At that point there was no official statement, we were simply informed they had been removed on medical grounds.

Once the SCB statement was released we made sure to read it to inform the fans. Anything prior to that is speculation and we are not looking to get into that.

So yes, any other broadcast organisation would have done exactly that, went by the book not rumour.

100% agree.BSN are there to broadcast the match not to get involved and discuss rumours and speculation on such matters.

Edited by Fromafar
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, King Jamie said:

If Richie had half a brain, he would've sent Steve to Plymouth in his place last night. See if anyone noticed.

You are obviously assuming Richie is guilty before all tests and facts are known. 

Dangerous ground to be on. 

59 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Same here Well Done to Joe Thompson and James Pearson both young riders with potential,been messed about all season and replaced with riders past their best with Promoters thinking these experienced riders will start upping their average again which happens once in a blue moon.(apt)°

Joe was certainly unlucky to be dropped by Scunthorpe, but both of them were not scoring well at Birmingham, so can't complain about that. I know Brummies replacements haven't done great, but that doesn't deflect from the fact if Joe & James had ridden like this, they wouldn't have been dropped by the Brummies.

Well done to both lads for finding their form now!

Edited by szkocjasid

1 minute ago, szkocjasid said:

Joe was certainly unlucky to be dropped by Scunthorpe, but both of them were not scoring well at Birmingham, so can't complain about that. I know Brummies replacements haven't done great, but doesn't deflect from the fact if Joe & James had ridden like this, they wouldn't have been dropped by the Brummies.

Mind you most riders find their form against Berwick lol

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, geoff100 said:

So a rider with history gets picked out at random,just how sweaty were his bollocks last night? Do these testers turn up at other sports as often??

Considering the number of failures already this season alone, they probably aren’t turning up enough! 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, szkocjasid said:

Joe was certainly unlucky to be dropped by Scunthorpe, but both of them were not scoring well at Birmingham, so can't complain about that. I know Brummies replacements haven't done great, but that doesn't deflect from the fact if Joe & James had ridden like this, they wouldn't have been dropped by the Brummies.

my point was more about dropping young riders for  older ones past their best.Thereis always more cha nce  off young riders improving.Having seen both riders personally thought they were decent prospects.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mike0310 said:

Whoever he is was watching a completely different meeting to me, was that comment because the bandits blew it .

His match reports are more exciting than the meetings.You would think that only Berwick riders had gate 4 all night for starters the rest was Gladiator riders fault.!!

He did get one thing spot on their reserves were better than ours.

56 minutes ago, Bandit59 said:

George Dodds comment on Tuesday night debacle "more chasing than racing"" hopefully at Berwick not the same 

The Berwick match reports are usually a thing of fiction, half truths and balderdash, with a smattering of poor sentences and poorer spelling thrown in for good measure.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Mike0310 said:

Whoever he is was watching a completely different meeting to me, was that comment because the bandits blew it .

Having watched the whole meeting on BSN and then having just read the Berwick meeting report on their website, I can't believe I watched the same meeting?!

I know clubs try to 'spin the positives for their own fans' but surely theres a limit.

BTW well done Glads (or as Barker continued to call them 'Devils') and well done Joe.

• Like 1